First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Just gonna say that if any Rubi owners wanna swap flares, I will gladly cover shipping costs :)
Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase

Stingray1976

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
For reference purposes - my 2 door Rubicon with Mopar 2” (though it does look like more) and 35x12.5 KO2’s.....

Flexed out and on level ground....

33A1CD0D-9E65-4F75-BA8B-FBC72F6E20AF.jpeg

493CF494-6ADA-4A55-9FC3-48ACF18907F0.jpeg
BikiniJLR, where did you get the red plate that fits behind your haus? I have a warn winch on my steel mopar bumper too, but I don't like the look with the holes around the haus. Thanks!

nobmunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
To me 35’s are the right size tire for a daily driven Jeep. I think it’s cool that a Rubicon can accept 35’s without a lift, but I also think a lift is appropriate/necessary, for a 4door especially, to prevent excessive belly dragging in the Colorado mountains and Moab. But when you add a 2” lift, suddenly 35”s look rather undersized. So I was thinking that in order to get the normal proportions back, you could swap to standard/non-Rubicon flares and make 35’s look right with a 2” lift.

Thoughts?
I have a set of stock flairs I got in a trade if you are interested in them. The black (not painted) ones. They still have the non led running and turn signals in them. Shipping would prob be a pain though.

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I’d be happy to trade front flares, been in the market for Rubi front flares, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I’m in Parker.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
BikiniJLR, where did you get the red plate that fits behind your haus? I have a warn winch on my steel mopar bumper too, but I don't like the look with the holes around the haus. Thanks!
That particular one is by Maximus3, Warn also do their own version.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I'll gladly trade my SPORT Flares for Rubi ones :)

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
To me 35’s are the right size tire for a daily driven Jeep. I think it’s cool that a Rubicon can accept 35’s without a lift, but I also think a lift is appropriate/necessary, for a 4door especially, to prevent excessive belly dragging in the Colorado mountains and Moab. But when you add a 2” lift, suddenly 35”s look rather undersized. So I was thinking that in order to get the normal proportions back, you could swap to standard/non-Rubicon flares and make 35’s look right with a 2” lift.

Thoughts?
Worry less about how it looks initially and focus more on the long term. Any lift from any manufacturer will yield more than advertised when first installed, and more so if the jeep hasn't been upfitted with heavier bumpers, sliders, winch, gear etc. Over time the springs will break in and settle reducing the overall ride height bringing things more in line.

Personally I wouldn't waste my money changing out the fender flares.
Sponsored