Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota 4Runner (for now)
Occupation
Management
To me 35’s are the right size tire for a daily driven Jeep. I think it’s cool that a Rubicon can accept 35’s without a lift, but I also think a lift is appropriate/necessary, for a 4door especially, to prevent excessive belly dragging in the Colorado mountains and Moab. But when you add a 2” lift, suddenly 35”s look rather undersized. So I was thinking that in order to get the normal proportions back, you could swap to standard/non-Rubicon flares and make 35’s look right with a 2” lift.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Omg!!!!!! Sacrilegious blasphemy!!!! You heretic!

JK!!!

I’m sure you could find someone who would be happy to trade with you, man it’s your Jeep do what makes you happy!
Gregj

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
By any chance did the 2” lifted Jeeps which had 35s that looked undersized have the Mopar lift? I heard that lift is a little more than 2”. Maybe a true 2” or less could be an option.

I have similar thoughts as you except I wouldn’t give up my fenders. I know I’ll ultimately be on 37s with 2” lift, but not until the Jeep is done as my daily. I’ve been thinking maybe 35s when the 33s are done and just doing a little spacer lift.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
For example, my Jeep (Europe version) with 2.5 lift and with the normal flares (alas) and not the "US Rubicon" !

My wheels are 315/70/17 (34.4")

SBA_1905.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Backwoods Rambler
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
Omg!!!!!! Sacrilegious blasphemy!!!! You heretic!

JK!!!

I’m sure you could find someone who would be happy to trade with you, man it’s your Jeep do what makes you happy!
Gregj
I know, right!? Haha! The funniest part here is that I had to reread your post 3 times, because at first I thought the “JK!!!” Was your way of telling me to “just get a JK” instead of a JL

OP
OP
Backwoods Rambler
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
By any chance did the 2” lifted Jeeps which had 35s that looked undersized have the Mopar lift? I heard that lift is a little more than 2”. Maybe a true 2” or less could be an option.

I have similar thoughts as you except I wouldn’t give up my fenders. I know I’ll ultimately be on 37s with 2” lift, but not until the Jeep is done as my daily. I’ve been thinking maybe 35s when the 33s are done and just doing a little spacer lift.
I mentioned 2”, but my preferred lift option would be the AEV 2.5” dual sport. I know I could get a 1”-1.5” spacer lift, but I think the 4 doors really need closer to 3”

I also wouldn’t want to give up the Rubicon flares, and therefore I’d keep them in storage until it’s not my DD anymore.

OP
OP
Backwoods Rambler
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
Personally I don’t think Rubicon looks bad at all in 35s and a lift, with or without the Rubicon fender.
The only one I’ve liked so far is the Rancho build and I think it’s because I’ve only seen action shots of it, so the tires are either flexed into, or way out of, the fender well.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
For example, my Jeep (Europe version) with 2.5 lift and with the normal flares (alas) and not the "US Rubicon" !

My wheels are 315/70/17 (34.4")

SBA_1905.jpg
Looks outstanding!

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
For reference purposes - my 2 door Rubicon with Mopar 2” (though it does look like more) and 35x12.5 KO2’s.....

Flexed out and on level ground....

33A1CD0D-9E65-4F75-BA8B-FBC72F6E20AF.jpeg

493CF494-6ADA-4A55-9FC3-48ACF18907F0.jpeg

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I for one like the low front fenders so they match the rear as long as there is enough clearance. I have kind of a "sleeper" Rubicon build going on. Rubicon axles, wheels, tires and a 2.5" RK X Factor just installed. The lift netted more like 3.5" over stock sport height. Have plenty of room for bigger tires now. LOL

707UXxNri8AUg0Kgl3n7l_V_0ehnmaADVgjY6Vc_6OfjmfYsawzYm6vra9QmdQHQGUa8j4ZVdYcQ7evLKpw=w873-h656-no.jpg