Sponsored

Rubicon Wheels/Tires (Ko2) on Stock Sahara....

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Ocean Blue
Does anyone know what the height difference is between the Stock Saraha (All Terrain) tires and the Rubicon Ko2 tires is? Can they directly swap?

And will there be enough clearance for the Rubicons on the Sahara?

Sal
Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Sahara ATs are 32” and Rubi KO2 are 33”. Actual heights will vary in height based on air pressure and vehicle weight (winch, steel bumpers, etc). Keep in mind the Sahara stock wheels are 18” diameter and Rubicon and Sport are 17” so you can’t directly swap tires only.

Stock Rubicon wheels and tires will fit Sahara without modification but possibly could rub at extreme articulation, though I haven’t read that happening too much. Many people on here have put Rubicon wheels and tires on Saharas and Sports without issue. Great mod.

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
I have an '18 Sahara and just upgraded to Rubicon KO2 Wheels. Love the look and no issues with rubbing, etc. From reading this thread - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-rims-tires-on-a-sahara.6302/ I was expecting about a 3/4" increase in tire height. Likewise from looking at TireSize.com, it shows a 255/70R18 tire at 32.1" and the 285/70R17 tires at 32.7", 0.6" increase. What I found when putting them side by side was about an 1/8" decrease in height with the Rubicon tire (this was with the Sahara tire still on the Jeep and the Rubicon tire sitting next to it)... I'm confused. The Sahara tire was at 34 psi and the Rubicon at 33 psi. Thoughts on why I'm not seeing the height difference expected?
Sponsored