Sponsored

Rubicon wheels, thinking of selling...

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about upping the wheels to suit 35” tyres. I thought I’d throw it out there to see if anyone is interested in buying the wheels and tyres I have. Currently have 800kms on these so like new. Only want to do all 5 and I will have to get the TPMS out.

I’m in Melbourne. Looking at $2,500.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

Dave

2195C899-564F-487F-9554-C9412DB3942A.jpeg
Sponsored

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Thinking about upping the wheels to suit 35” tyres. I thought I’d throw it out there to see if anyone is interested in buying the wheels and tyres I have. Currently have 800kms on these so like new. Only want to do all 5 and I will have to get the TPMS out.

I’m in Melbourne. Looking at $2,500.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

Dave

2195C899-564F-487F-9554-C9412DB3942A.jpeg
if you were selling as a combined set. You would be limiting your options into who would buy them as obviously the rims would only really suite a wrangler unless if they were painted.

A new set of KM2's in a 33" size can be had for under $1400 and you would probably find it hard to find someone who would want to buy the stock rims for $1100 seeing as if you were to go to bigger tyres, you would need a different rim with a bigger offset.

But hey, you can always chuck them on ebay, forums and facebook with a price ONO..

To give you an idea, I sold my stock KM2 tyres for $800 just to get rid of them and they were listed at $1000 for a while before that.

OP
OP
davejkenny

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
All good points, I think that genuine rims are worth a good dollar. The build quality is mostly better than a lot of aftermarket gear. The tyres could be harder to move, I think a lot more people prefer an all terrain tyre.

if someone wants the tyres only I would sell all 5 for $800.

I will just hold the rims for sale later or go down to a 33” tyre and keep them.

jwas

First Name
Jwas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Is there any firm in melbourne who take the stock tyres ( before taking the vehicle from dealer ) Or replace/exchange it with other tyres ?

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Is there any firm in melbourne who take the stock tyres ( before taking the vehicle from dealer ) Or replace/exchange it with other tyres ?
Somewhere like Brighton Jeep might do it. They used to allow cloth seat buyers add leather and these weren't official mopar stuff.

Sponsored

OP
OP
davejkenny

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Going to buy 33' tyres and keep it legal. 35's look good but the costs to purchase and ongoing running costs make it too much for the wheeling I will do.

Getting a set of Toyo Open Country RT 295/70-17

thanks.

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
Going to buy 33' tyres and keep it legal. 35's look good but the costs to purchase and ongoing running costs make it too much for the wheeling I will do.

thanks.
another option is the nitto ridge grapplers in the same size. Thats what im running and if memory serves me correctly, these companies are more or less one in the same in that they use the same rubber and base structure in the tyres, just have different tread and sidewall designs.

Either way, will be a step up from factory imo.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
another option is the nitto ridge grapplers in the same size. Thats what im running and if memory serves me correctly, these companies are more or less one in the same in that they use the same rubber and base structure in the tyres, just have different tread and sidewall designs.

Either way, will be a step up from factory imo.
You are pretty much correct sir. Not sure about how they construct their tires, but since Nitto is Toyo's sister company, I am sure they pretty much share a lot of tech and construction.

jbzonda

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Night Eagle

thanks.
Hi Dave could you provide us with an update;
Did you end up with the Toyo Open Country RT tyres? what are they like on the road?
what rims did you end up paring with? Photos of the setup would be good.
I love the stock rims on my Sport S and sussing out my options are for tyres to where to go from here.
Cheers.

OP
OP
davejkenny

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Really happy with the Toyo R/T’s, they are much quieter than a muddie on the road. Have spent a few days in the bush with them and all good there too. I kept the stock rims. couldn’t see the value in buying new ones as I decided not to go to 35’s.

Would definitely recommend an all terrain if you’re not planned on busting up massive rutted mud hills.

F96A8A71-F4B2-4483-B44C-D5050516CAE6.jpeg

Sponsored

jbzonda

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Night Eagle
Looks great David! So just to confirm they are 295/70/R17s on 17x7.5 stock rubi rims?

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
VIC can put 35 on JL? I think NSW can only put up to 34.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
VIC can put 35 on JL? I think NSW can only put up to 34.
I think you will find that to be 33's
1 inch on the tyres and 2 inches on the lift is all we are allowed without engineers certificate.

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
I think you will find that to be 33's
1 inch on the tyres and 2 inches on the lift is all we are allowed without engineers certificate.
Ye. Total 75mm. Or 1 inch lift and 2 inches tyres.
How and how much if you gonna do the certificates?
Sponsored