Rubicon wheels powder coated black

Stevemat

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jk 21 jl
I’m putting rubicon wheels on my wife’s 21 sport. She wants them all black. The Jeep is sting gray and she wants the wheels gloss and I think satin finish might look better. Anyone have any pics of this done? I haven’t been able to find anything.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I’m putting rubicon wheels on my wife’s 21 sport. She wants them all black. The Jeep is sting gray and she wants the wheels gloss and I think satin finish might look better. Anyone have any pics of this done? I haven’t been able to find anything.
you mean Moab wheels?

OP
OP

Stevemat

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jk 21 jl
No, I bought stock rubicon wheels.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well, you’re looking for pics of Moab wheels. Try the Moab specific thread on the photos page. There will be a bunch.

OP
OP

Stevemat

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jk 21 jl
good To know. I’ll check it out. Thanks

Sponsored

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
MOAB wheels are satin. I think if they’re gloss, they’ll look dirty most of the time. I’d go with satin.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Stevemat, If you can, please share your experience if you decide to do this. If my OE Rubicon wheels didn't have tires mounted on them I'd love to have them updated to satin black like the MOAB or Willys. I've read some believe powder coating aluminum wheels can weaken their integrity and others say it's safe depending on the level of heat being used. Do you plan to paint or powder coat? I'd also be interested in the cost if you don't mind sharing.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Stevemat, If you can, please share your experience if you decide to do this. If my OE Rubicon wheels didn't have tires mounted on them I'd love to have them updated to satin black like the MOAB or Willys. I've read some believe powder coating aluminum wheels can weaken their integrity and others say it's safe depending on the level of heat being used. Do you plan to paint or powder coat? I'd also be interested in the cost if you don't mind sharing.
PS. I know about plastidip but don't feel like messing with it in harsh North Dakota winters.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel