Rubicon vs sport suspension height?

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Jeep Commando, '18 JLU sport s
Is yours a 4 door? How’d the ride and steering?

I’m doing mine soon and I have the same setup. Suspension from a hardtop Rubi with steel bumpers to a hardtop sport s unlimited. I’m deciding on if I want to do the RC front spacer level kit. I was worried that .75 inch was too much, but if I have similar results as you then it would be just about right.
Four door. Ride is better, steering is a bit quicker feeling and the higher center of grav is noticeable. I am running 285/70 ko2 for tires.
Sponsored

arjusmc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JL Unlimited Sport S
So was the 1.5 in the front and 2 in the back a combination of suspension and wheels/tires for did you already have the wheels and tires on it?

OP
OP

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
So, the lower control arms and sway bar links are no different between the Sport and Sahara? It seemed reasonable that they were longer to compensate for axle rotation as noted earlier in the thread. Interesting and confusing at the same time...

Why would the Mopar 2" lift kit contain lower control arms that are longer than stock but the Sport Vs Rubicon control arms be the same? Why would the Rubicon not have longer lower control arms?

Not questioning or doubting you, but more like trying to think this through and make sense of this swap.

No clue but they appear to be the same.

Sponsored

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd
No an alignment can't fix, the axle needs to be rotated. The Rubicon comes with longer lower control arms. When you raise the jeep with taller coils, it rolls the axle forward, changing the angle of the pinion/driveshaft. The longer LCAs correct that. Just make sure you get those as well and you are good.
I have access to a really good deal, $180 for Rubi LCA, Springs, spring perch, and Shocks that I intend to install on a Sahara... I hope from this thread that is correct about not needing the 4 sway bar end links as they aren't in the deal. Anyone that didn't use the Rubi sway bar links having any issues?

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have access to a really good deal, $180 for Rubi LCA, Springs, spring perch, and Shocks that I intend to install on a Sahara... I hope from this thread that is correct about not needing the 4 sway bar end links as they aren't in the deal. Anyone that didn't use the Rubi sway bar links having any issues?

The lcas, sway bar end links, and spring perches were all the same between the rubi and my sport s so i did not swap them and no issues so far but i cant speak for the sahara.

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed takeoff suspension from a fully loaded steel bumper hardtop rubi on my hardtop sport s today. I gained 2” in the back and 1.5” in the front. Going from 37” to 39” at center bottom of fender in the rear and 36.5” to 38” in the front. Will likely do a leveling kit soon as the rake is more notciable now. Pretty easy driveway job that took about 3 hours total.

Adding post lift pic

84E4002C-27B3-4A4B-861A-B3162A02B003.jpeg

RamenLife

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU S
I put the Rubicon suspension on my sport a few weeks ago and last night put on the rough country 2.5 boost. It drives exactly the same as before the lift except for the obvious change in center of gravity. Drives and looks great. The instructions for the kit SUCK. Took my dad and I 8.5 hrs to do.

20180802_024508.jpg

View attachment 73586

20180802_024446.jpg

Did you put both Rubicon suspension and rough country 2.5 boost on your Jeep? If so, how is driving and any issues? Thank you.

Boothorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Did you put both Rubicon suspension and rough country 2.5 boost on your Jeep? If so, how is driving and any issues? Thank you.
I have the Rubicon Express 2” with Rubicon take offs. So far so good. Not too much change.

Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I put the 2.5in RC spacer kit on my stock Sport S suspension. If I got some red Rubi shocks could I put them on my Sport with no issues? The RC kit came with shock extensions for the Sport so would I be able to get rid of the extensions or should I keep them on anyway?

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 4 door unlimited sport
Occupation
HVAC technician
Sorry if this was already asked but if the rubicon is 1.5” taller would putting a 2.5” rough country suspension lift kit on a sport actually lift the Jeep 3.5-4”?

I was told that they base the lifts off of the rubicon springs, is this true?

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Sorry if this was already asked but if the rubicon is 1.5” taller would putting a 2.5” rough country suspension lift kit on a sport actually lift the Jeep 3.5-4”?

I was told that they base the lifts off of the rubicon springs, is this true?

Correct, https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/4low-photo-jlu-build.4490/page-4
Here is mine with the rubi coils and 2.5 spacer, and on the last page you can see the 2.5" Rk lift and they sit the same. Measured 4" taller over stock with the rubi/spacer lift.
Sponsored