Sponsored

Rubicon vs sport suspension height?

Northern88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler jl 2 dr
Almost the same as my set, except I have a 61 instead of a 60, you'll like that lift on your 2dr. Are you adding a steel bumper/winch in the future? If so I'd add a 3/4" Rugged Ridge spacer up front at the same time. It says for the Jeep JK, but also works for the JL :)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GT8AJPW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Look forward to pics when you get it done.
I was going to do this suspension lift plus .5 spacers all around with the mopar lcas. I will most likely add a rubi take off steel bumper but most likely not anytime soon. Should I go higher spacers in the front than the back? My rear end does seem like it sags a bit now so I might rethink my spacer combination all together.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I was going to do this suspension lift plus .5 spacers all around with the mopar lcas. I will most likely add a rubi take off steel bumper but most likely not anytime soon. Should I go higher spacers in the front than the back? My rear end does seem like it sags a bit now so I might rethink my spacer combination all together.
With the new Rubi Springs you should be running pretty level. Since you have a bumper planned I would run a 3/4" spacer in front & just go with that. If you feel the rear needs to come up at a later date it's easier to add them later vs. the front. If you plan to add a steel rear bumper then a .5" rear spacer should keep you running pretty level.
B

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
What are you all running as tires after install?
Still running stock, but i’m planning 35s with rubi fenders or rugged ridge max terrain fenders depending on what inner liners look good.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
What are you all running as tires after install?
Running 295/70/17s (33.3" tall) right now, got a high fender kit and Smittybilt liners for my 35s when my Patagonias are done.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? IMG_0423.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? IMG_0421.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? IMG_0429.JPG

Sponsored

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

I think they're wrong as well. Like they assume odd #'s left and even on the

I have a 2019 JLU Sport with a hardtop with non-steel bumpers.

I have read a slew of things about putting a Rubicon suspension on it and how much lift I would get. I just wanted to post my experience for anyone else out there thinking of doing the same.

I got lucky and found a guy who took the suspension off at the dealership and put the Mopar lift on his Rubi. for $250.

It took a friend of mine and myself just under 3hrs to swap out with 2 jack stands and 2 floor jacks. Rear springs were the most difficult part.

I only changed the shocks and springs. I compared the sway bar links and LCAs and the were the exact same as far as measurements. Is there a difference other than that, I can’t see one.

I measured before and after and I lifted my front end by 1.5 inches and 2 inches in the rear. I can tell a noticeable difference in the ride over bumps and off roading. Not much difference in the road ride.

Totally worth the $250 in my opinion.

Top pic is before and bottom is after.

Nice Jeep! Do you by chance recall what spring numbers you had stock vs the Rubicon swap? Also, what size tire do you have here?

Raptorz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
I just picked up a rubicon suspension off Facebook to put on my sport s. Once I get the set home I went to look up the springs, they look to be pretty low numbers. Not sure if I actually picked up a willys suspension or what. It looks like I’d only be going up 1 number on each side. Not sure if this is worth it.

Sport s (soft top, no tow)
57 58
86 87

New rubicon springs
58 59
87 88

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

I just picked up a rubicon suspension off Facebook to put on my sport s. Once I get the set home I went to look up the springs, they look to be pretty low numbers. Not sure if I actually picked up a willys suspension or what. It looks like I’d only be going up 1 number on each side. Not sure if this is worth it.

57 58
86 87

New rubicon springs
58 59
87 88
For what it’s worth those spring numbers match exactly with what was on my Willys - probably not worth the swap in my opinion, might gain 1/2 inch.

Raptorz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
For what it’s worth those spring numbers match exactly with what was on my Willys - probably not worth the swap in my opinion, might gain 1/2 inch.
Well that’s unfortunate. Not sure what I’ll do now.

I’ll probably still put it on. Already bought a front spacer to help with the new steel bumper and winch. Don’t think I’ll bother with the mopar lcas now.

Last edited:

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

57 58
86 87

New rubicon springs
58 59
87 88
That’s what was on my Sahara.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

I’ll probably still put it on. Already bought a front spacer to help with the new steel bumper and winch. Don’t think I’ll bother with the mopar lcas now.
Dont. why would you do that? it wont fgive you a lift. find another set or buy new springs from mopar.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase

57 58
86 87

New rubicon springs
58 59
87 88
It looks like the FB seller misrepresented the springs sold to you. Here's a helpful chart assembled by forum member @AnnDee4444

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? Capture.PNG

I agree with @DadJokes and @Knel6, these look like Sahara/Willys springs

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

That is very unfortunate. I would recommend finding a higher numbered set of rubicon springs, I just installed a set of 60/61, 91/92’s and got 1.75 inches up front and over 2 in the rear. You should be able to find a set for around $100 which is a very economical lift, at maybe a half inch that you’d gain I would imagine you’ll want a little more, especially if going with a larger tire eventually.

Last edited:

Raptorz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
I’ll keep looking around. I bought this set since it was looked really clean/new. It has the red shocks so I’m assuming it’s off a willys. Now I’ll probably list this set and hope I can get my money back as a willys set.
Sponsored