Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

Lanaw29

First Name
Lama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I have a 2019 JLU Sport with a hardtop with non-steel bumpers.

I have read a slew of things about putting a Rubicon suspension on it and how much lift I would get. I just wanted to post my experience for anyone else out there thinking of doing the same.

I got lucky and found a guy who took the suspension off at the dealership and put the Mopar lift on his Rubi. for $250.

It took a friend of mine and myself just under 3hrs to swap out with 2 jack stands and 2 floor jacks. Rear springs were the most difficult part.

I only changed the shocks and springs. I compared the sway bar links and LCAs and the were the exact same as far as measurements. Is there a difference other than that, I can’t see one.

I measured before and after and I lifted my front end by 1.5 inches and 2 inches in the rear. I can tell a noticeable difference in the ride over bumps and off roading. Not much difference in the road ride.

Totally worth the $250 in my opinion.

Top pic is before and bottom is after.

A810345B-9C9C-4749-A191-70BA28EF6334.jpeg

8ED9A99A-63C5-411A-A5BD-40F979E1BFC0.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have a 2019 JLU Sport with a hardtop with non-steel bumpers.

I have read a slew of things about putting a Rubicon suspension on it and how much lift I would get. I just wanted to post my experience for anyone else out there thinking of doing the same.

I got lucky and found a guy who took the suspension off at the dealership and put the Mopar lift on his Rubi. for $250.

It took a friend of mine and myself just under 3hrs to swap out with 2 jack stands and 2 floor jacks. Rear springs were the most difficult part.

I only changed the shocks and springs. I compared the sway bar links and LCAs and the were the exact same as far as measurements. Is there a difference other than that, I can’t see one.

I measured before and after and I lifted my front end by 1.5 inches and 2 inches in the rear. I can tell a noticeable difference in the ride over bumps and off roading. Not much difference in the road ride.

Totally worth the $250 in my opinion.
Nice results! And yeah, only the shocks & springs are different, but nice to have the end links included since they're a wear item.
I would consider the slightly longer Mopar lift LCAs too, completes the swap just right IME.

Lanaw29

First Name
Lama
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Nice results! And yeah, only the shocks & springs are different, but nice to have the end links included since they're a wear item.
I would consider the slightly longer Mopar lift LCAs too, completes the swap just right IME.
Thanks! I was anxious to see the results and then pleasantly surprised. The Jeep is covered in sand right now (beach). Just had to go test it out.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If anyone is interested I have a brand new Rubicon suspension for sale!!

MOTC JL

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Just got back from having the Rubicon take-off springs/shocks (from Rubicon w/hard top w/steel bumpers and tow package) installed with the Teraflex 1/2” spacer and MOPAR longer LCA’s and couldn’t be happier with the results. Got just over 2” lift and it just looks right now and drives great. Highly recommend if anyone is considering...and huge thanks to the other guys who posted on how to get it done.

Sponsored

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Just got back from having the Rubicon take-off springs/shocks (from Rubicon w/hard top w/steel bumpers and tow package) installed with the Teraflex 1/2” spacer and MOPAR longer LCA’s and couldn’t be happier with the results. Got just over 2” lift and it just looks right now and drives great. Highly recommend if anyone is considering...and huge thanks to the other guys who posted on how to get it done.
That's just the formula for a great JLU. My recipe, too, and I love it.

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Did you have the spacers installed in both front and back? I expect that one day I'll get the steel bumper, but still rocking plastic. Wondering if I should have them install the 0.5 spacers all the way around?

MOTC JL

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Yeah, I put the .5” Teraflex spacers in front and back and very happy with that. I do have Rubicon steel bumper take-off’s in front and .rear so the rake is minimal as you can see from the pic.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just picked up a set of 59/60 90/91 never used rubi take offs Cannot wait to intall!
Almost the same as my set, except I have a 61 instead of a 60, you'll like that lift on your 2dr. Are you adding a steel bumper/winch in the future? If so I'd add a 3/4" Rugged Ridge spacer up front at the same time. It says for the Jeep JK, but also works for the JL :)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GT8AJPW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Look forward to pics when you get it done.
Sponsored