First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
Mopar lift LCAs a are 0.25" longer and will help it track straighter. There are several other things that can cause wander.
Gotcha, thank you. I was looking online and they are $30 each but shipping is about $45. Would you happen to know the best place to order them from?
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased mine from allmoparparts.com. They have free shipping codes posted from time to time on this forum.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Since you asked, I would also recommend installing Mopar lift LCAs ($60) on the front for additional castor.
Yep, definitely put those in your shopping cart :)
As far as the 3/4" spacers, I added 3/4" Rugged Ridge spacers in front to level it out after adding 180lbs worth of bumper & winch up front, so that's a good plan if you're doing the same weight in front.

Sponsored

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Student
Yep, definitely put those in your shopping cart :)
As far as the 3/4" spacers, I added 3/4" Rugged Ridge spacers in front to level it out after adding 180lbs worth of bumper & winch up front, so that's a good plan if you're doing the same weight in front.
Ok i got the LCAs and the daystar 3/4 spacers. Last question is should i add the spacers in front now? I don’t have the steel bumper yet but will definitely be adding it when I find one.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Ok i got the LCAs and the daystar 3/4 spacers. Last question is should i add the spacers in front now? I don’t have the steel bumper yet but will definitely be adding it when I find one.
If that bumper is on your must-have list then I would for sure add that front spacing now. Keep in mind this will lower your caster a bit until you get the bumper, but w/ those longer LCAs you're still in a good place :)

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I just finished installing a Rubicon take-off from RubiTrux with the LCA from the MOPAR 2" kit on my 2018 Sport. Here's what I found:

1) The front Rubicon springs appear to be about the same diameter as the Sport springs. I used calipers and found a minimal increase on the Rubicon.
2) The front Rubicon springs are about 1/2" taller (static) than the Sport.
3) The rear Rubicon springs are about 1" taller than the Sport rear springs.
4) The Rubicon shocks have much more pressure than the Sport shocks. I believe this is where most of the increased ride height is gained.
5) I added TeraFlex 0.5" front spacers to compensate for a Smittybilt front bumper and a soon to be Smittybilt 9.5K Gen 3 winch with poly rope.
6) When replacing the LCA, install the front end first as it's easier to wiggle the rear end of the LCA into place.
7) Place the front axle on jack stands to tighten the LCAs as this will provide more room to work.
8) I disconnected the front track bar and had difficulty reinstalling it. I questioned the need to disconnect it in the first place.
9) Based on #8, I did not disconnect the rear track bar and had no issues reinstalling everything.
10) I had scheduled my replacement of the aluminum steering box to be just after swapping suspensions. This allowed the TSB-included steering box alignment to include any adjustments needed by the new suspension.
11) The LCA is only about 0.25" longer than the stock version.
12) The results are just right for me:
** A somewhat firmer but comfortable factory-like ride
** An increase in ride height of about 1.5" changes the Sport's 'squat' look to a more athletic stance
** The Rubicon shocks make a huge difference over the stock Sport shocks (with only 10,500 miles)

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Student
I just finished installing a Rubicon take-off from RubiTrux with the LCA from the MOPAR 2" kit on my 2018 Sport. Here's what I found:

1) The front Rubicon springs appear to be about the same diameter as the Sport springs. I used calipers and found a minimal increase on the Rubicon.
4) The Rubicon shocks have much more pressure than the Sport shocks. I believe this is where most of the increased ride height is gained.
5) I added TeraFlex 0.5" front spacers to compensate for a Smittybilt front bumper and a soon to be Smittybilt 9.5K Gen 3 winch with poly rope.
6) When replacing the LCA, install the front end first as it's easier to wiggle the rear end of the LCA into place.
7) Place the front axle on jack stands to tighten the LCAs as this will provide more room to work.
8) I disconnected the front track bar and had difficulty reinstalling it. I questioned the need to disconnect it in the first place.
9) Based on #5, I did not disconnect the rear track bar and had no issues reinstalling everything.
10) I had scheduled my replacement of the aluminum steering box to be just after swapping suspensions. This allowed the TSB-included steering box alignment to include any adjustments needed by the new suspension.
** An increase in ride height of about 1.5" changes the Sport's 'squat' look to a more athletic stance
** The Rubicon shocks make a huge difference over the stock Sport shocks (with only 10,500 miles)
Do you have any before/after pics?

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

9) Based on #5, I did not disconnect the rear track bar and had no issues reinstalling everything.
Did you happen to count how many 'wraps' the coils had? Even if the Sport & Rubicon springs use the same material, less coils would mean a stiffer spring rate.

Sponsored

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Did you happen to count how many 'wraps' the coils had? Even if the Sport & Rubicon springs use the same material, less coils would mean a stiffer spring rate.
Yes. both the front and rear Rubicons had about 1/2 wrap less than the Sport. The steel used for the Rubicon is likely stiffer, though not thicker.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

9) Based on #8, I did not disconnect the rear track bar and had no issues reinstalling everything.
I doubt the height comes from shocks. It comes from the spring stiffness. I could compress rubi shocks by hand, not easy, but could do it. Imagine the weight of the jeep.... Also people get more or less lift depending on spring numbers, has nothing to do with shocks.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Do you have any before/after pics?
I have some comparison pictures, though no before/after pictures. I'm 65 and am just not tuned into the social media needs as I should be...

Front LCA2.JPG

Front springs1.JPG

Rear springs1.JPG

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
People saying your jeep will ride better with rubi suspension, I honestly dont get it. The springs are way stiffer and the shocks are alright. The ride is stiffer and swings more than the sport.

If I was to rate how it rides relative to sport I would say it rides like sh!t. Offroad the rubi suspension floats, it is waaay better. but onroad it is crap. Dont do this if you are trying to get a better ride on road. Just being honest.
Sponsored