Sponsored

Rubicon vs sport suspension height?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just picked it all up, I remember reading this thread that the higher part number is the passenger side is this correct for all springs? I see the shocks are labeled.

so my springs:
60=LF
61=RF
90=LR
91=RR

For sure, I’m gonna get before and after a when i go install. I’m waiting on metal cloak durospring bumpstops and the Mopar LCAs so i can do it all in one day.
Yes, taller springs on the passenger side
Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Little question, the springs i got came off a rubi with the hardtop but i’m 90% sure plastic bumpers.

That being said, I’ve added metal bumpers, and am planning on adding a winch soon after I install. How do the rubi springs fare against added weight?

My two options in my head that i have to offset spare tire weight and winch+bumper weight are 1” spacers up front and 3/4” in the rear. Or just do 3/4” if the rake isn’t too bad.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Little question, the springs i got came off a rubi with the hardtop but i’m 90% sure plastic bumpers.

That being said, I’ve added metal bumpers, and am planning on adding a winch soon after I install. How do the rubi springs fare against added weight?

My two options in my head that i have to offset spare tire weight and winch+bumper weight are 1” spacers up front and 3/4” in the rear. Or just do 3/4” if the rake isn’t too bad.
I'd go with 1/2 to 3/4" spacers up front, leave the back alone.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I'd go with 1/2 to 3/4" spacers up front, leave the back alone.
I think that's gonna be the plan for when I install it. The springs I got came off of a v6 Rubi and I have a 2.0 etorque so it's gonna be interesting as I also have steel bumpers on it currently. I also don't know how much heavier the etorque is. Gonna measure it all once I install it.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I just received my Rubitrax JLUR takeoff springs and red gas shocks. I'm guessing the red shocks are considered the 'HD' package. It's a steal at $349 with freight included.

I have also ordered the MOPAR 2" front LCAs which I'll install with the suspension swap. These are $78 delivered.

When I'm doing the swap, I'll measure the free length of the JLU Sport coils F&R and the JLUR coils F&R to give everyone a reference to compare from. I'll also be measuring the four corners before and after.

One thing I'm still debating is whether or not to swap out the rear coils. I don't care for the tail up stance and the softer Sport springs will follow the terrain better. No, I'm not going to be crawling up any Widow Maker cliffs or pretending to be a Trophy Truck, so the softer springs are favored.

I'll let you know how it comes along ~

Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just received my Rubitrax JLUR takeoff springs and red gas shocks. I'm guessing the red shocks are considered the 'HD' package. It's a steal at $349 with freight included.

I have also ordered the MOPAR 2" front LCAs which I'll install with the suspension swap. These are $78 delivered.

When I'm doing the swap, I'll measure the free length of the JLU Sport coils F&R and the JLUR coils F&R to give everyone a reference to compare from. I'll also be measuring the four corners before and after.

One thing I'm still debating is whether or not to swap out the rear coils. I don't care for the tail up stance and the softer Sport springs will follow the terrain better. No, I'm not going to be crawling up any Widow Maker cliffs or pretending to be a Trophy Truck, so the softer springs are favored.

I'll let you know how it comes along ~
You could always put a 1/2" spacer up front.

NathanA

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Hi, I just bought some Rubicon takeoff parts can someone please confirm on which side the spirngs go, I read posts where some say on right and some say on left, its the highest spring rate and I am putting it on my JL Sport 2.0L , thanks in advance.

- 68253660AD ?
- 68253661AD ?

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Hi, I just bought some Rubicon takeoff parts can someone please confirm on which side the spirngs go, I read posts where some say on right and some say on left, its the highest spring rate and I am putting it on my JL Sport 2.0L , thanks in advance.

- 68253660AD ?
- 68253661AD ?
Yes the higher number goes on the passenger side.

So:
60AD = LF
61AD = RF

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Also, when you are taking off the original springs, you can check which side has the higher number. From what I have read on this forum, it has to do with how the weight of the vehicle is distributed.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Also, when you are taking off the original springs, you can check which side has the higher number. From what I have read on this forum, it has to do with how the weight of the vehicle is distributed.
There are some like the diesels that have the same spring side to side, for most all other applications the taller spring is on the passenger side.
If you need install info here's a thread including the longer Mopar LCAs which should be added to keep your caster in a good range.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Yes.

The diesel Jeeps are different in several ways. A number of the standard modifications that work on the gas models won't work on them. They are also higher than the gas models. 37' tires easily fit the Rubicons without a lift.

Casey out of Canada has a series of vlogs on his diesel Rubicon. His Youtube channel is Casey 250. Real good stuff.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes.

The diesel Jeeps are different in several ways. A number of the standard modifications that work on the gas models won't work on them. They are also higher than the gas models. 37' tires easily fit the Rubicons without a lift.

Casey out of Canada has a series of vlogs on his diesel Rubicon. His Youtube channel is Casey 250. Real good stuff.
would be interesting to see the spring rates for the diesels vs. the rest of the JL lineup. I wonder if they are considerably stiffer rather than taller???

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I don't think that many have been changed out yet. I am still seeing posts from owners asking about the availability of diesel specific lift kits. It doesn't seem as if many are available yet. Plus the Rubicons can run 37's without a lift.