Rubicon vs sport suspension height?

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I agree. The additional weight of steel bumpers and a winch are a big factor.

Have you taken a look at the forum's showcase area? It is on the main menu at the top of the page. Members post pictures of their Jeeps there. You might see something similar to what you are looking for.
Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I agree. The additional weight of steel bumpers and a winch are a big factor.

Have you taken a look at the forum's showcase area? It is on the main menu at the top of the page. Members post pictures of their Jeeps there. You might see something similar to what you are looking for.
I'll check that out. Thanks for the suggestion. It's gotta help.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Check w/ @Headbarcode or @wibornz they have 4drs that are set up pretty tasty!
šŸ˜† I'm sure Northridge finds it really tasty.

Lots of great builds here that are based off of all 3 main trims. And it depends on how far down the rabbits hole one is looking to climb.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the Jeep new with a 2 in Mopar lift on it & it was more like 3-4. Even with 35's it looked odd. That was also before I put bumpers, winch etc on it. Thought the Rubicon springs would be better. As it turns out I should have waited until the extra weight was added before I started changing springs around. I've had Jeeps for 30 years & this is the first one that's given me an ulcer trying to get the look I have in my head.
All lifts are based on the Rubicon, so non Rubicons will always get 1.5-2" more lift than advertised. Your mopar lift needed 37's to look and function properly.

Tire size dictates how much lift is needed. The goal is to not limit articulation by having too much tire, but not end up with more fender space than the tires need to fully flex. So, what size tires do you want? Than we can help figure out what's needed to support them.

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
All lifts are based on the Rubicon, so non Rubicons will always get 1.5-2" more lift than advertised. Your mopar lift needed 37's to look and function properly.

Tire size dictates how much lift is needed. The goal is to not limit articulation by having too much tire, but not end up with more fender space than the tires need to fully flex. So, what size tires do you want? Than we can help figure out what's needed to support them.
There's where my frustration sets in. I put 35's on with the 2 in Mopar lift. I had 35's & a 3 inch lift on my JK & it looked great. I didn't realize the JL was a whole new beast. Now I realize I should have put 37's on. I'm going to keep doing burnouts so my 35's wear out fast & then I can go get my 37's. I have 4.56 gears in it, so burnouts are easy.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There's where my frustration sets in. I put 35's on with the 2 in Mopar lift. I had 35's & a 3 inch lift on my JK & it looked great. I didn't realize the JL was a whole new beast. Now I realize I should have put 37's on. I'm going to keep doing burnouts so my 35's wear out fast & then I can go get my 37's. I have 4.56 gears in it, so burnouts are easy.
As fun as burnouts may be, you could also list them on the members marketplace and recoop some money to put towards the 37's. I'm pretty sure your rear driveshaft would agree. šŸ˜†

On a side point, I made a new acquaintance a few months before getting my 2019 JLUR. He has a nicely built up JK lifted either 3.5" or 4.5" to fit 35's. He owns a tuxedo ship next to the bagel deli that I frequent, so he would always come out to say hi when he saw me pull in.

My Jeep in stock form sat about an inch lower than his. When I swapped to 315/70-17 ko2's, they sat level with each other and had similar tire to fender clearance. Oh yeah, his has aftermarket steel flat fenders and mine were still factory and unchopped. That's when he started asking if I had the dealer install a lift when it was new. After I said no, was when he told me how much lift his needed to fit the same size tires that I put under stock JL suspension height.

It's after I installed the 1st lift, the true 2" Dynatrac Endurosport, and added 38's that he started acting a bit off. Always commenting as though he was irritated at how easy it was for me to fit the 38's with such little added height, without as massive of a renovation that his JK would require. He wanted larger tires, but said his drive ability was already impacted as much as he was willing to compromise on road manners as his daily driver. He started becoming a little less buddy buddy at that point.

After I swapped to the 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger that actually gave about 4.25", he started commenting about how bad it must drive and how sluggish it must feel when accelerating. He didn't believe it when I said it drove better than factory and had plenty of pep. He asked if I'd take him for a quick ride, so I did, and even begrudgingly let him behind the wheel for a few minutes down the faster road with stoplights that his shop was on. By the time we got back, you'd think I had beaten him up and stole his manhood and pissed in his cheerios. He no longer comes out to say hi. And I actually saw him last week, for the 1st time in a while. He took notice of the new 40's, and all he said was a token "hi" and "I bet it still rides great with all that rubber".

Anyways, didn't mean to ramble. Your post just brought that to mind.

Here's a few pics of my jeeps evolution, as a reference for different looks from stock to not.

Fully stock
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20190827_084948_resized(1)

Stock with 315/70-17 ko2's
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20190827_132710

315's and 2" Dynatrac Endurosport lift with chopped front fenders
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20200423_092730

38's, Dynatrac, and rear fenders chopped
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 1590247435754

38's and 3.5" Gamechanger
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20211013_132632

40's and Gamechanger
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20211014_133132

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
As fun as burnouts may be, you could also list them on the members marketplace and recoop some money to put towards the 37's. I'm pretty sure your rear driveshaft would agree. šŸ˜†

On a side point, I made a new acquaintance a few months before getting my 2019 JLUR. He has a nicely built up JK lifted either 3.5" or 4.5" to fit 35's. He owns a tuxedo ship next to the bagel deli that I frequent, so he would always come out to say hi when he saw me pull in.

My Jeep in stock form sat about an inch lower than his. When I swapped to 315/70-17 ko2's, they sat level with each other and had similar tire to fender clearance. Oh yeah, his has aftermarket steel flat fenders and mine were still factory and unchopped. That's when he started asking if I had the dealer install a lift when it was new. After I said no, was when he told me how much lift his needed to fit the same size tires that I put under stock JL suspension height.

It's after I installed the 1st lift, the true 2" Dynatrac Endurosport, and added 38's that he started acting a bit off. Always commenting as though he was irritated at how easy it was for me to fit the 38's with such little added height, without as massive of a renovation that his JK would require. He wanted larger tires, but said his drive ability was already impacted as much as he was willing to compromise on road manners as his daily driver. He started becoming a little less buddy buddy at that point.

After I swapped to the 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger that actually gave about 4.25", he started commenting about how bad it must drive and how sluggish it must feel when accelerating. He didn't believe it when I said it drove better than factory and had plenty of pep. He asked if I'd take him for a quick ride, so I did, and even begrudgingly let him behind the wheel for a few minutes down the faster road with stoplights that his shop was on. By the time we got back, you'd think I had beaten him up and stole his manhood and pissed in his cheerios. He no longer comes out to say hi. And I actually saw him last week, for the 1st time in a while. He took notice of the new 40's, and all he said was a token "hi" and "I bet it still rides great with all that rubber".

Here's a few pics of my jeeps evolution, as a reference for different looks from stock to not.

Fully stock

Stock with 315/70-17 ko2's

315's and 2" Dynatrac Endurosport lift with chopped front fenders

38's, Dynatrac, and rear fenders chopped

38's and 3.5" Gamechanger

40's and Gamechanger
Thanks for the advice. Maybe burnouts should be a last resort. The transformation on your Jeep is awesome. Good to know that the ride will still be there once I swap to 37's. I also enjoyed the rambling. Quite amusing how people can be.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Fully stock
That story about that "buddy" gettin all butthurt is hilarious, bet he drives by new Jeep lots and just stews :)

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the advice. Maybe burnouts should be a last resort. The transformation on your Jeep is awesome. Good to know that the ride will still be there once I swap to 37's. I also enjoyed the rambling. Quite amusing how people can be.
Thanks for the kind words! We're always here to help, so don't hesitate to ask away. You probably already know this from your past Jeeps, but it's worth mentioning. The parts that support and reinforce the lift are just as important as the lift itself, as far as retaining at least the same ride quality as it had fresh out of the factory.

Cheers, buddy!

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That story about that "buddy" gettin all butthurt is hilarious, bet he drives by new Jeep lots and just stews :)
Yeah, it's nuts how he became. I never acted like a dick or had anything but nice things to say about his Jeep. I didn't even say anything about his angry eyes grill visor. ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20201116_104800
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon vs sport suspension height? 20201116_104134

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
From my experience each number higher from your stock springs will be approximately 1/2 inch lift. But I was dealing with a 4 door. For what itā€™s worth my stock Willys had 58/59 front and 87/88 rears and went to 60/61 91/92 and saw 1 3/4 in front and about 2 inches in rear before settling (havenā€™t measured since). Hope this is helpful, I would shoot for at least 2 part numbers higher than stock.
This is WAY confusing. I just got a set of rubi suspension. # of the 4 springs had tags:
3592AA / 3597AA / 3662AC (4th spring - no tag). It came from a JLU 2.0T (not sure of year).

3592 is listed as: Rear Coil Spring, Left, Rear Coil Spring, Right, Spring (might be RT Rear)
3597 is listed as: Rear Coil Spring, Left, Rear Coil Spring, Right, Spring
3662 is listed as: Front Coil Spring, Left, Front Coil Spring, Right, Spring (might be RT front)

can anyone help clarify this ?

Thanks

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

This is WAY confusing. I just got a set of rubi suspension. # of the 4 springs had tags:
3592AA / 3597AA / 3662AC (4th spring - no tag). It came from a JLU 2.0T (not sure of year).

3592 is listed as: Rear Coil Spring, Left, Rear Coil Spring, Right, Spring (might be RT Rear)
3597 is listed as: Rear Coil Spring, Left, Rear Coil Spring, Right, Spring
3662 is listed as: Front Coil Spring, Left, Front Coil Spring, Right, Spring (might be RT front)

can anyone help clarify this ?

Thanks
I havenā€™t come across a 97 before, that seems really high for a 2.0 and doesnā€™t pair with the other rear spring of 92 (speaking from only my personal experience) all the sets I have seen are either matching part numbers 92/92 or one off 91/92 with the higher number or longer spring being installed on the side of the jeep with the gas tank. Possible that the hybrid and diesel springs are a higher number such as 97.

Where did you purchase the springs? Do you know any more info on the jeep they came from - hard top, tow package, steel bumpers? Those options will all effect which springs are used.
Sponsored