MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
With all the questions and responses about "how big" and "will it rub" I think there is a lot of added confusion with the JL series because people aren't paying attention to whether or not they are talking Rubicon or not.

The new world is more complicated. These are now much different vehicles with regards to wheel and tire fitment. Main differences that I am aware of:

1) Rubicon has sway bar disconnect
2) Rubicon has 1.5" wider axles
3) Rubicon front fenders have 1" (or more) height clearance but I believe the rear fenders are the same as non-rubicon and width is the same.
4) JL Sport has the Euro thingy on the front bumper

That's a lot more variables to consider than with the JK. I found a great video showing just how much of a difference just the sway bar disconnect makes on a JK

So for those shopping around and asking questions make sure you are clear on what model is being discussed.

As an example, my 285/75r17 on 9" rims with -12 offset are clear on the front at full flex but slightly interfere with the fender at the rear. I have a Sahara.

On a Rubicon, I'm pretty sure that same combo would clear at the front but would be a major problem at the back because of the tire would be sticking out .75" further. Under full flex with the sway bar disconnected it might interfere with the front fender as well.

On stock rims that size tire would be fine on a Rubicon because the wider axles would give the tire clearance but might have clearance issues with frame or steering on a Sahara.
Sponsored