Sponsored

Rubicon trail status (12/30/2022 closure)

justinP_wannaB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 4xe
Im just wanted tobget the word out to as many people possible.

Was listening to snalltrail 4x4 (I know they are toyota group) today and learned that there was a closure of the Rubicon trail.

Worth a listen and there is an option to let the local authorities having jurisdiction know how you feel about thier decision.

Link below to the order and the podcast.

https://www.edcgov.us/Government/Rubicon

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...3d3cuc25haWx0cmFpbDR4NC5jb20vP3A9OTMyOQ?ep=14

You can find out more over on irate4x4

https://irate4x4.com/threads/364-rubicon-trail-is-closed.392436/
Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I haven't listened to the whole thing, but is there a timeframe specified? We have plans to do it in June.
Iā€™ve been following this fairly close via the RTF page on Facebook and another Rubicon page. The closure should be lifting soon based on communication from local government. Itā€™s a very heated issue. The gist of it is the local authorities closed it citing public safety issues because of the severe weather, arguing they did so because the conditions made for difficult rescue that would strain an already stressed emergency services. The counter argument was that there is an established process for doing so that was ignored and then retroactively bypassed in an attempt to make the closure kosher.

Iā€™m interested for political reasons but I wouldnā€™t worry if I were you. Itā€™ll be open for your trip. We will be there in August. Too bad we arenā€™t going to the same Jamboree.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Iā€™ve been following this fairly close via the RTF page on Facebook and another Rubicon page. The closure should be lifting soon based on communication from local government. Itā€™s a very heated issue. The gist of it is the local authorities closed it citing public safety issues because of the severe weather, arguing they did so because the conditions made for difficult rescue that would strain an already stressed emergency services. The counter argument was that there is an established process for doing so that was ignored and then retroactively bypassed in an attempt to make the closure kosher.

Iā€™m interested for political reasons but I wouldnā€™t worry if I were you. Itā€™ll be open for your trip. We will be there in August. Too bad we arenā€™t going to the same Jamboree.
because of the severe weather, arguing they did so because the conditions made for difficult rescue that would strain an already stressed emergency services.

Seems reasonable

The counter argument was that there is an established process for doing so that was ignored and then retroactively bypassed in an attempt to make the closure kosher.

Right, at 20 times the expense. Not taking side, just glad is temporary.

Last edited:

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
Isn't there like 20 feet of snow up there now? I guess they need the snow plows to clear it off.......This is like Buffalo closing roads with 10 feet of snow on them.

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Isn't there like 20 feet of snow up there now? I guess they need the snow plows to clear it off.......This is like Buffalo closing roads with 10 feet of snow on them.
Yeah. Seems like most folks were fine with the closure being done for the reasons cited. The issue was it was done without following the established process, and then being done retroactively in a fashion that bypassed that process as well as removing the chance for public comment. I get it from a public safety standpoint, but agree that if you give them an inch they will take a mileā€¦.

Reactions: J0E

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Our last Jeep Jamboree Expedition was cancelled the morning we were leaving Colorado due to the fire around Tahoe that closed the trail. It'd really suck if we had a repeat.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Our last Jeep Jamboree Expedition was cancelled the morning we were leaving Colorado due to the fire around Tahoe that closed the trail. It'd really suck if we had a repeat.
Right, I more meant regarding snow closure. Fire, well, thatā€™s a whole different animal. Iā€™m nervous as well since we are going in August. We wanted to do the earlier jamboree thatā€™s adults only but our schedule doesnā€™t allow for it, so we are doing the Jeepers family one.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Right, I more meant regarding snow closure. Fire, well, thatā€™s a whole different animal. Iā€™m nervous as well since we are going in August. We wanted to do the earlier jamboree thatā€™s adults only but our schedule doesnā€™t allow for it, so we are doing the Jeepers family one.
I didn't realize there was an adults only variant. Ours is the one limited to five Jeeps.

Sponsored

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I didn't realize there was an adults only variant. Ours is the one limited to five Jeeps.
Itā€™s the old school one

https://jeepersjamboree.com/jeep.html

Plus it doesnā€™t have a 37ā€ tire restriction, which was important for me since I donā€™t want to go over 35ā€™s for now. Youā€™re doing the Jamboree USA one, yes?

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs