Sponsored

Rubicon to Sport Axle Swap (Front and Rear)

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Just wondering did anyone have any issues with parking break cables since the rubi axles are longer.
Sponsored

myerides

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering what you ended up doing about the brake lines?
I used the full Rubicon brake setup. Calipers, rotors, etc. but satayed with the Sport lines/hoses. On the front you can literally just bent the metal line up into the proper position once it is attached to the caliper. Because of my lift the emergency brake cables are TIIIIIGHT!!!! But we were able to get them attached.

myerides

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
On the steering, why do you recommend that?
Heaviest/toughest on the market that I'm aware of. Largest diameter (1.75"). Rusty's uses a "shim" setup that eliminate "flop" in the tie rod also.

myerides

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering did anyone have any issues with parking break cables since the rubi axles are longer.
Sure did. They were tight as heck! Got even worse when I installed the 3.75" lift. But with some persuasion I got them connected and they work fine.

Sponsored

Stolar13

First Name
Łukasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S 3,6 - 2dr
Hello I changed the axles with brakes and links from 2.2D Rubicon European version (M210 front and M220 rear) to my 2dr 3,6 SPORT (originally M186 front and M200 rear) and everything were plag&play but I have one painpoint, it is ABS sensor. It were connect with no problem, but I have bug in ABS module C0031-4A C0034-4A C0037-4A C003A-4A - instal incorrect component - sensor of ABS/odometer. I try to change it with sensor from SPORT axle but it is diffrent sizes. That from Rubicon axle are the biggest as that from SPORT.
Additionally I have much more bugs as ABS,ESP, 4WD, Check engine but I think it is due to ABS sensor problem. The odometer doesn't work too.
Did you do any changes with ABS or it was worked plug&play.

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
I ended up adjusting the cables just a bit under the console. I had to get under there anyway because one of them came unhooked. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Doing the whole project in on my slanted driveway wasn't exactly fun though!

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I ended up adjusting the cables just a bit under the console. I had to get under there anyway because one of them came unhooked. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Doing the whole project in on my slanted driveway wasn't exactly fun though!
was their adjustment screws near the handle under the console? i just finished swapping the rear axle on my sport to the rubicon. ( will be doing the front tomorrow or sunday when i have time. but my e break line is a good inch or so away from full pull on the passanger side. if i tug enough i might get it in but its going to drag bad. just curious on the adjustment and information would be great

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
was their adjustment screws near the handle under the console? i just finished swapping the rear axle on my sport to the rubicon. ( will be doing the front tomorrow or sunday when i have time. but my e break line is a good inch or so away from full pull on the passanger side. if i tug enough i might get it in but its going to drag bad. just curious on the adjustment and information would be great
Under the center console is a single 10mm nut that adjusts the lines together. It's a pain, you will need a deep 10mm socket and an extension. There are videos out there.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Under the center console is a single 10mm nut that adjusts the lines together. It's a pain, you will need a deep 10mm socket and an extension. There are videos out there.
suhweet. thanks for getting back to me. ill hop on the ol youtube after work today and give it a shot. cant wait to drive this thing with 4.10 gears
Sponsored