Sponsored

Rubicon Tires - BFG KO2 vs Falken Wildpeak?

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
It seems that Wrangler Rubicons come with KO2s but I've seen Gladiator Rubicon takeoffs that use Falken Wildpeak tires. I'm curious how the 2 tires compare and is it true that one model comes with one tire brand while the other model comes with a different tire brand?
Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
You can order the Falken on the JL, if you wish. Idk why you would. BFG tires are fantastic. To complicate things, I believe the Moab had mud terrain tires standard.

Lord help me. I spoke positively about the Moab.

Let the flame war begin.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
The MT tires are a $0 option on the Wrangler as well, but they'll produce more road noise and wear out faster.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I really like the MT by falken. work well off road and in the sand for sure. road noise from the roof rack i have is louder than my tires. i dont even notice the MT's on the road and 31-32 psi cold is perfect for wear so far.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I had KO2's on my wife's Grand Cherokee, an now have the Falken (AT3W) on her Renegade.
Road noise and handling is pretty much the same. I am very happy with the Falken, and I think they may have created a good competitor for the BFG.

As for the Moab tires. They were the BFG KM2, which I'm currently running on my JL (different size though). They're a good tire but they can be a bit loud at highway speeds. They're fine around the back roads though and they"ll really dig into the dirt/mud.

All 3 are good options but I'd probably stick with the KO2 or AT3W.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
TXJ2go

My JKLU Sahara came thru with Bridgestone HT's With Anti-spin LS I have no idea why???

I used them for about 4K nice and quiet good MPG and not very good off road of course. Swapped for Falken AT3 w"s and they are great. Moderate off roading they excel and road noise minimum, not sure how they are doing on wear? Seem to be wearing a bit fast at 24K, kinda hard to tell. Lots faster than the Brigestone AT's I had on our old 2012 JKU, all I have for comparison and of course they are a more aggressive tread than those?

I think Jeep has swapped from Bridgestone to Falken as OEM AT's and MT's for their supplier?

GoJeep!!!

Bun707

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I just put 285/70R17 Wildpeaks on my Sport S which were takeoffs from a Gladiator Launch Edition. I love them so far. I spent a lot if time researching and found a great deal of threads on some Tacoma forums and some other Jeep forums actually. Many where folks had both the KO2s and Wildpeaks and most people said they would stick with the Falkens after trying both. Probably 80% of them preferred the Falkens and said were superior in the wet. But they are a bit more heavy than the Bridgestones.

I would say they are quieter than the Goodyear Wrangler Kevlars that came with my sport s.

Only got 500 miles or so on them but I think they are a great choice with a bit newer technology built in. KO2 is a proven choice though.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
My wife's JL has Rubi take off K02s and they're great. My JTR has the Wildpeak MTs and they're louder & heavier, but way better off road, look better, and slightly taller. So basically it's the AT vs MT debate. The only gripe I've heard about the K02s is that the tread pattern picks up more gravel then comparable ATs. My 2 cents on owning both.
Sponsored