Rubicon takeoff suspension on Sport S

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
Stock sport s with Rubicon wheels and tires takeoffs, now adding Rubicon takeoff springs and shocks (if I'm understanding correctly I don't need to replace the two track bars and sway bar links), now the question....

If I put a 3/4 inch spacer all around or larger in front and less is rear for rake) will all of that fit together without needing shock relocation brackets?

Limited crawling, mainly offroading on trails that require limited articulation. Mostly DD and want to keep comfort ride.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Stock sport s with Rubicon wheels and tires takeoffs, now adding Rubicon takeoff springs and shocks (if I'm understanding correctly I don't need to replace the two track bars and sway bar links), now the question....

If I put a 3/4 inch spacer all around or larger in front and less is rear for rake) will all of that fit together without needing shock relocation brackets?

Limited crawling, mainly offroading on trails that require limited articulation. Mostly DD and want to keep comfort ride.

Thank you.
Yes, you only need to use the Rubicon springs and shocks. You don't need the other components like swaybar links or relocation brackets etc.

The spacers you choose are your personal preference. I went with 0.75" up front only to get rid of the rake.

I would also recommend getting the mopar lift LCAs for the front ($60). They are well worth it to add much needed caster.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yes, you only need to replace the Rubicon springs and shocks. You don't need the swaybar links or relocation brackets etc.

The spacers you choose are your personal preference. I went with 0.75" up front only to get rid of the rake.

I would also recommend getting the mopar lift LCAs for the front ($60). They are well worth it to add much needed caster.
This X2, went with .75"" front spacers too, leveled things out after adding 180lbs worth of bumper & winch.
Install thread if you need it
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

OP
OP
Stingray20Idaho

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
This X2, went with .75"" front spacers too, leveled things out after adding 180lbs worth of bumper & winch.
Install thread if you need it
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
I'm not running a winch but I wanted a little more lift than just rubi springs so I was considering spacers on all 4 corners unless I hate the stance. Also considering 1.5 inch wheel spacers in preparation for larger tires. Looking into new mopar lcas as recommended.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you only need to use the Rubicon springs and shocks. You don't need the other components like swaybar links or relocation brackets etc.

Did you add the mopar lca on your sport JL? Is this something I should add to have better tracking and steering? Also if I add this will I need an alignment after?

Sponsored

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Are the Mopar LCAs same ones that come with Rubicon?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Did you add the mopar lca on your sport JL? Is this something I should add to have better tracking and steering? Also if I add this will I need an alignment after?
Yes, installed the mopar lift LCAs on my Sport. It absolutely inproves the steering tracking/stability. In my case, I had an alignment done right after I did all the work because it was my first time doing a suspension installation on a wrangler and wanted the alignment checked/adjusted.

Others will say it's not necessary.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Are the Mopar LCAs same ones that come with Rubicon?
No. These are the LCAs that come with the mopar 2" lift. They are 1/4" longer than the stock Rubicon/Sahara/Sport LCAs.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have
Yes, installed the mopar lift LCAs on my Sport. It absolutely inproves the steering tracking/stability. In my case, I had an alignment done right after I did all the work because it was my first time doing a suspension installation on a wrangler and wanted the alignment checked/adjusted.

Others will say it's not necessary.
I have a stock set up on my sport and just want to tighten that flighty feeling at highway speeds, Ill look into it after my steering box gets replaced next tuesday
Sponsored