Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
For comparison I do those in around 2 hrs and charge $350-400 for parts and labor. Diesel takeoffs command a little more and aren't as common. There’s nothing to check on the alignment and most of the time the steering wheel is very very close. Only parts they need to change are the shocks and coils

brett
Sponsored

OP
OP
roathd

roathd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
For comparison I do those in around 2 hrs and charge $350-400 for parts and labor. Diesel takeoffs command a little more and aren't as common. There’s nothing to check on the alignment and most of the time the steering wheel is very very close. Only parts they need to change are the shocks and coils

brett
Thanks Brett for the advice. I was not aware that all the other suspension parts are not needed. They all came off a 2021.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks Brett for the advice. I was not aware that all the other suspension parts are not needed. They all came off a 2021.
Texas is a bit closer than Idaho, just do it!

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon takeoff suspension install costs on JLUS 1609689016854

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
But according to this, you should change to a longer lca and track bar to retain the stock geometry

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
I'm having mine installed this week (shocks, springs, longer LCAs and leveling spacers) plus centering and 4 wheel alignment for $315.00. They quoted a 3 hour job (2 hour install and 1 hour alignment)

BordenPT

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I'm having mine installed this week (shocks, springs, longer LCAs and leveling spacers) plus centering and 4 wheel alignment for $315.00. They quoted a 3 hour job (2 hour install and 1 hour alignment)
Where are you located? Anywhere near Rochester NY?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Need help, I live in greater D.C. area and was quoted one price of $2150 by the local DARCAR Jeep dealer for the takeoff install. I found a shop that specializes in truck lifts and their price is $850 to install the 2021 JL Rubicon take off suspension parts on my JLUS 2020. Both prices include centering the steering and alignment check.
Does the $850 dollar installation cost sound reasonable?

If not any recommendations in the D.C, area or Alexandria VA, that may do it at a lower cost?

I was very disappointed with the local dealer Jeep DARCAR labor only price of $2150 plus alignment.

From my understanding it is max 4hrs of labor for take off and install. The dealer said it will take two days and 16 hrs. I just laughed and hung up the phone. If I was not a disabled veteran I would have done the installation myself.

Happy Holidays
Find a friend who is willing to help you. I know it sounds like a pita and scary in the beginning. I could barely turn a wrench 2 years ago lol. After you've bought the right tools and messed with your Jeep enough, the wrenching starts to flow, as I like to say. And wrenching your Jeep becomes satisfying and part of the experience of being a Jeep owner. It is fun.

I've done suspension work, I've replaced broken shocks, control arms, installed armor skid plates etc, winch, installed a front locker on my Jeep. And I do my own maintenance at the interval I want. I look forward to installing anything on the Jeep now.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Find a friend who is willing to help you. I know it sounds like a pita and scary in the beginning. I could barely turn a wrench 2 years ago lol. After you've bought the right tools and messed with your Jeep enough, the wrenching starts to flow, as I like to say. And wrenching your Jeep becomes satisfying and part of the experience of being a Jeep owner. It is fun.

I've done suspension work, I've replaced broken shocks, control arms, installed armor skid plates etc, winch, installed a front locker on my Jeep. And I do my own maintenance at the interval I want. I look forward to installing anything on the Jeep now.
Hopefully he found someone to help in the last 11 months :)
Sponsored