Rubicon takeoff suspension install costs on JLUS

roathd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
Need help, I live in greater D.C. area and was quoted one price of $2150 by the local DARCAR Jeep dealer for the takeoff install. I found a shop that specializes in truck lifts and their price is $850 to install the 2021 JL Rubicon take off suspension parts on my JLUS 2020. Both prices include centering the steering and alignment check.
Does the $850 dollar installation cost sound reasonable?

If not any recommendations in the D.C, area or Alexandria VA, that may do it at a lower cost?

I was very disappointed with the local dealer Jeep DARCAR labor only price of $2150 plus alignment.

From my understanding it is max 4hrs of labor for take off and install. The dealer said it will take two days and 16 hrs. I just laughed and hung up the phone. If I was not a disabled veteran I would have done the installation myself.

Happy Holidays
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Those estimates are both quite high. 4 or 5 hours of labor is plenty of time. Labor rates vary across the country but $200-$500/hr is unreasonable. $100-$140 is more average.

It is not a difficult job. A decent shade tree mechanic (do those exist anymore?) can do it for a few hundred bucks.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Definitely recommend getting a bunch of friends to help with DIY and bribe them with beer. Took me several hours with a friend since we installed the Mopar lift LCAs which was a PITA to get torqued properly when you can't get the Jeep jacked up high enough. If just the Rubicon lift, 2 hours first time maybe 3. Then each subsequent time is quicker.

Steering rack centering is easy. Pipe wrench and a friend to watch the wheel. Alignment should at most be around $90. Some places give you a free check also. Mine was fine after the install.

The prices quoted are insane. You're just swapping springs and shocks, everything else is the same. You should get the Mopar 2" lift LCAs to improve caster with the lift. That could add several hrs to install time unless you have a good power ratchet or impact driver that will fit then you'll breeze it.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
Try Adrenaline Offroad in Burtonsville, MD

Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Agree it’s quite high. Should be able to get help if you’re not mechanically inclined and get it installed.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I will give them a call.
I’m in chicago and used my local 4wp based on recommendation. I provided closest to you. Good luck.
Sponsored