Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
I did not, for a few reasons:
  • I figure they wouldn't sell the cheaper kit if you really *needed* the bump stops
  • Bump stops are easy enough to add on if it turned out that I did actually need them and wouldn't do too much damage if/when I did hit that moment where I realized I needed them
  • I don't do any hardcore offroading. This is my DD - I take her out to the local parks, do some BoH trails, etc, but I'm not worried about "full flex" nor do I take on anything that looks like it could be damaging. It's not a mall crawler, but it's not a rock humper*, either.
  • I'm a cheap bastard
I also knew going into it that the spacer lift was a temporary fix that I only need to cover me for ~12-18 months, so I didn't want to sink any more $$ into it than I really needed to.

*Rock humper is my own term for basically the opposite of a mall crawler. Someone who typically buys a Sport because "technology is bad" and then spends Rubicon money turning that Sport into a Rubicon with no fenders, metal armor, a bumper that looks like they welded it themselves in their garage, and 40" tires on 15" wheels. They usually trailer their Jeep to any trail it might be used on and can be found on any Jeep group/forum telling you that the only way to truly enjoy your Jeep is to always buy the most expensive option for any given problem, because "buy once cry once"
It seems they recommend them if you run a rubicon on 35’s if I’m reading their site correctly. So I should be safe without on a Sahara with 33’s

We definitely don’t do anything extreme, forest service roads, some flexing involved.

Well this is sounding more promising, I’ve maxed our budget as is lol. So atleast this is cheap and from a more quality brand. I’ll probably grab the lca anyways to throw on since they are so cheap.
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

It seems they recommend them if you run a rubicon on 35’s if I’m reading their site correctly. So I should be safe without on a Sahara with 33’s

We definitely don’t do anything extreme, forest service roads, some flexing involved.

Well this is sounding more promising, I’ve maxed our budget as is lol. So atleast this is cheap and from a more quality brand. I’ll probably grab the lca anyways to throw on since they are so cheap.
The LCAs certainly won't hurt anything.

The whole install was *super* easy. Probably took 3-4 hours for me and a buddy in my garage with an impact driver and a floor jack/jack stands. If you have a 2nd floor jack, that'd be really helpful - I had to pull out the scissor jack and sit it up on some 2x4 bits to let the back axle droop enough. It worked, but a 2nd floor jack would've been easier.

I also did *not* need an alignment afterward - you're not touching anything that would mess with the alignment. Might not be true if you do the LCAs.

This video is what I used to guide me. He uses pole jacks but we're not all that fancy, lol.

You'll definitely want a 2nd pair of hands for the rear spacers. The smaller hands the better.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller

The Sahara fenders can handle 33’s at full stuff (no bumpstop) depending on backspacing. I have 285/70r17 at 4.63” backspacing and they tuck under the lip. If you’re wheels push out wider, they’d contact the fenders because they’d arc higher and stick out further, potentially necessitating bumpstop depending on how you feel about rubbing.
35’s at full stuff will hit fenders on either trim unless bumpstop is introduced.

OP
OP
1BadManVan

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
The LCAs certainly won't hurt anything.

The whole install was *super* easy. Probably took 3-4 hours for me and a buddy in my garage with an impact driver and a floor jack/jack stands. If you have a 2nd floor jack, that'd be really helpful - I had to pull out the scissor jack and sit it up on some 2x4 bits to let the back axle droop enough. It worked, but a 2nd floor jack would've been easier.

I also did *not* need an alignment afterward - you're not touching anything that would mess with the alignment. Might not be true if you do the LCAs.

This video is what I used to guide me. He uses pole jacks but we're not all that fancy, lol.

You'll definitely want a 2nd pair of hands for the rear spacers. The smaller hands the better.
My brother in laws family owns a suspension shop so I got them to do the install for me, no space in my garage for even a smart car lol.

And ok, maybe I’ll leave the lca for now. They seemed cheap enough that it wouldn’t hurt to throw them on if they improve drivability

OP
OP
1BadManVan

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
The Sahara fenders can handle 33’s at full stuff (no bumpstop) depending on backspacing. I have 285/70r17 at 4.63” backspacing and they tuck under the lip. If you’re wheels push out wider, they’d contact the fenders because they’d arc higher and stick out further, potentially necessitating bumpstop depending on how you feel about rubbing.
35’s at full stuff will hit fenders on either trim unless bumpstop is introduced.
They are a 285/70R17 on a -12 offset rim.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

My brother in laws family owns a suspension shop so I got them to do the install for me, no space in my garage for even a smart car lol.

And ok, maybe I’ll leave the lca for now. They seemed cheap enough that it wouldn’t hurt to throw them on if they improve drivability
Even better! If you've got access to the tools, have your BIL's shop check your caster. It should be 6+. If it's lower than 6 after the install, you probably need the LCAs. If not, you're probably good.

OP
OP
1BadManVan

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Even better! If you've got access to the tools, have your BIL's shop check your caster. It should be 6+. If it's lower than 6 after the install, you probably need the LCAs. If not, you're probably good.
Appreciate all the help. Trying to keep this driving as nice as possible on the road for the wife while giving it a nicer look and more clearance

SFDemo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara EcoDiesel
I have a 2021 JLURD take off suspension (complete) and will be putting on the springs and front leveling spacers (<2") with the Mopar lift kit lower control arms to offset the winch and steel bumper. Rubicon wheels and tires fit fine so far.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon take offs on our Sahara IMG_1238

IMG_1238.jpg

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
They are a 285/70R17 on a -12 offset rim.
What width? Mine are an 8.5 -.26 in offset. It sounds like as long as they aren’t 9” you should be good. Might lightly grab the lip of the fender.

OP
OP
1BadManVan

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
What width? Mine are an 8.5 -.26 in offset. It sounds like as long as they aren’t 9” you should be good. Might lightly grab the lip of the fender.
17x9 lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
1BadManVan

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Well I got the 1.5” Teraflex on order, rubicon shocks to go on as well and debating the mopar LCA. Might just order it to have it so Incase the caster is off, I don’t need to bring it back again

OP
OP
1BadManVan

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Am I going to need an alignment after this is all said and done?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Am I going to need an alignment after this is all said and done?
No, even w/ the LCA install, might have a steering wheel a bit off center but that's an easy DIY fix.

OP
OP
1BadManVan

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
No, even w/ the LCA install, might have a steering wheel a bit off center but that's an easy DIY fix.
Perfect, luckily if it’s already in the shop and it’s off, they can correct that easy enough
Sponsored