Rubicon Take off Suspension on a Sport S

Iceman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Has anyone tried this? Positives vs negatives? I was able to fit 285/70/R17’s with no lift and no rubbing, swapped out the stock wheels though also. Thinking of swapping to the Rubicon shocks and springs....

3C3ED9A9-DCAC-415D-A740-E179EB15C40E.jpeg
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I do wonder how all these multiple threads happen on this forum. This forum actually automatically pulls up all relative threads for you as you are typing in the title to the new thread you're trying to post. How do people keep missing that?

Just for kicks and giggles, I started typing a new thread and I typed "rubicon springs on sport" and BOOM a bunch of thread suggestions popped up under the text input box.

OP
OP

Iceman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I do wonder how all these multiple threads happen on this forum. This forum actually automatically pulls up all relative threads for you as you are typing in the title to the new thread you're trying to post. How do people keep missing that?

Just for kicks and giggles, I started typing a new thread and I typed "rubicon springs on sport" and BOOM a bunch of thread suggestions popped up under the text input box.
BOOOM ha? That’s awesome!!

Last edited:

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
There's a bunch of people who've done it. I saw one thread a guy did it and it looked like he got about 1 1/2". Either way it's a safe upgrade.

OP
OP

Iceman

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
There's a bunch of people who've done it. I saw one thread a guy did it and it looked like he got about 1 1/2". Either way it's a safe upgrade.

So if I understand correctly, everything in the picture below gets swapped out or just the shocks and springs?
3F0AF7AF-D0D4-4DA5-BC33-32C8CFCF650E.png

Sponsored

Whytlytnin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
I have a sport unlimited with the teraflex 1.5 spacer kit with stock shocks. I recently purchased rubi springs and shocks. I’m curious if I should add rubicon shocks to my current set up or swap out and install the rubicon springs and shocks together in place of using the spacers and sport springs. People are reporting 1.5 inches from the rubi suspension. Scared I’m gonna lose a little height with the rubi suspension vs the terflex kit. And by this I mean the terflex give me 2 inches in front and 1.5 in the back. So I’m assuming the rubi suspension is 1.5 all the way around.

Crawdad1028

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 6 speed with rubi axles, lockers, RCVs, trusses, and 5.13s
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running rubicon springs and shocks with rc .75" spacers up front and eag flat fenders with 37x12.50r17 on my sport. I got the stiffest Rubi springs available (hardtop, steel bumpers,tow pkg Rubi) and I got 2.25" rear and 3" front because of the spacers. I'm about to add the teraflex 2.5" to replace the level spacers. This setup actually works pretty good. Rides great on road I just want a little more clearance off road. Another note is that the Rubicon shocks ride a lot different. I personally like them a lot. The sport shocks were super soft and gave a "boat" like ride. The Rubicon are a lot more firm and I feel like they handle everything better on and off road.

IMG_20190108_132640707_HDR.jpg

johnwpowell

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone point me to a diy writeup on swapping the rubi shocks on a sport?

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase