Sponsored

Rubicon Take Off Components - Would They Benefit Sport Owners?

Will Rubicon Take Off Suspension Components Benefit Sport Owners?

• Yes, but will only benefit 2-door Sport.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Johnlm007

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR - Sting-Gray
Since placing my JLUR order last week, I have been researching available and coming aftermarket lift kits and tire and wheels. After some review, I began to wonder if there is a market for the stock suspension and tire/wheel components that I plan to replace? This post is not a 'for sale' post, but it is based upon whether the takeoff Rubicon springs, shocks, control arms, sway bar end links, and other hardware would benefit those who might purchase a Sport? Example, are the Rubicon springs taller than a Sport Unlimited, or maybe they are only taller than the Sport 2-Door? If so, they just might be an economic way for the Sport owner to lift his rig, while helping to offset the cost of those who must step up to a much more expensive option to lift their Rubicon. Your educated hypothesis is okay, but your hands-on comparison of the two suspensions would be great to know? And, if you know of any articles that discuss this topic, those too would be great to have. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Rubicon shocks are better than Sport and the springs might give a Sport or Sahara a slight lift. Rubicon stock wheels and tires sell pretty well on the forums.

MoJeepDust

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 00 XJ, 08 Avalanche, 76 CB550F
Occupation
Jeep Product Trainer
Since placing my JLUR order last week, I have been researching available and coming aftermarket lift kits and tire and wheels. After some review, I began to wonder if there is a market for the stock suspension and tire/wheel components that I plan to replace? This post is not a 'for sale' post, but it is based upon whether the takeoff Rubicon springs, shocks, control arms, sway bar end links, and other hardware would benefit those who might purchase a Sport? Example, are the Rubicon springs taller than a Sport Unlimited, or maybe they are only taller than the Sport 2-Door? If so, they just might be an economic way for the Sport owner to lift his rig, while helping to offset the cost of those who must step up to a much more expensive option to lift their Rubicon. Your educated hypothesis is okay, but your hands-on comparison of the two suspensions would be great to know? And, if you know of any articles that discuss this topic, those too would be great to have. Thanks in advance!
So as a new JLUR owner and CDJR employee; I can confidently say the Rubicon wheels and tires will fit onto a sport or a Sahara! Actually put 33's on a JLU Sport for a client today. Side Note: the lugnuts are M/14 on the JL (same as a Ram 1500, not same as JK) Need new SLIM M/14 1.5 lugs for most aftermarket rims. Overall This should make selling the stock supplies easier for those of us who prefer to immediatly upgrade. I have not put the 35' Mickeys on the Rubicon yet but I already have a buyer for the stock BFGs and stock wheels. HEADS UP JL Sport or Sahara may want to consider having the gear ratio adjusted for anything over 33'. Hope this helped and I look forwrd to seeing everyones creativity with the new JL's!!!!

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
So as a new JLUR owner and CDJR employee; I can confidently say the Rubicon wheels and tires will fit onto a sport or a Sahara! Actually put 33's on a JLU Sport for a client today. Side Note: the lugnuts are M/14 on the JL (same as a Ram 1500, not same as JK) Need new SLIM M/14 1.5 lugs for most aftermarket rims. Overall This should make selling the stock supplies easier for those of us who prefer to immediatly upgrade. I have not put the 35' Mickeys on the Rubicon yet but I already have a buyer for the stock BFGs and stock wheels. HEADS UP JL Sport or Sahara may want to consider having the gear ratio adjusted for anything over 33'. Hope this helped and I look forwrd to seeing everyones creativity with the new JL's!!!!
How much did he buy them for if u don't mind sharing? I might look into it if it's a cheaper option

Brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Can you swap the rubicon suspension to a sport? Which components are needed?

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
As a future Sport buyer, the first modification I plan to do is swap the sock uggo rims for Rubicon takeoffs. Thanks to all the Rubicon buyers that just ditch them straight into ownership!

Steve1965

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sport unlimited jl
So 33’s will fit sport without lift ?

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
So 33’s will fit sport without lift ?
Easily. They come with 32's stock.

Remember when TJs and XJs wouldn't quite clear 31's stock? We've come so far haha
Sponsored