jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I've got all the parts (including mopar 2" lift LCA's now). One more question on this topic before I get to installing this weekend - I've read that the sway bar links are the same between JL and Rubicon, but do you think it necessary to get longer links w/ addition of the 3/4" spacers?
I don't think so.I have the 3/4" spacers and the links are fine - got 10,000 miles on it. Swaybar is just a hair above level.
Sponsored

K1Paddler

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU
Sounds good will leave the links alone. The more I read the more questions I have. Wondering if anyone can chime in on this:

The Rubicon springs I picked up are 60/61 Fronts and 91/92 Rears (OEM on mine are 57/58 Fronts and 87/88 Rears). My secondary goal here is to also to get rid of the rake in the process of doing this. From what I'm reading I'd need 61/62 fronts (to match my 91/92 rears) to achieve that (?). If that's the case, any thoughts on leaving out the rear .75" spacers and only installing them up front in order to get the level look I want? Anybody done this?

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good will leave the links alone. The more I read the more questions I have. Wondering if anyone can chime in on this:

The Rubicon springs I picked up are 60/61 Fronts and 91/92 Rears (OEM on mine are 57/58 Fronts and 87/88 Rears). My secondary goal here is to also to get rid of the rake in the process of doing this. From what I'm reading I'd need 61/62 fronts (to match my 91/92 rears) to achieve that (?). If that's the case, any thoughts on leaving out the rear .75" spacers and only installing them up front in order to get the level look I want? Anybody done this?
Many of us that installed a Rubicon suspension added spacers on the front only to get rid of the rake. This is what I did. However, others installed all the way around for additional lift.

I would recommend installing the front spacers only, then drive it a few days without installing the rear spacers. If you like what you see, don't install the rears. Otherwise, install the rear spacers later. It's really personal preference and specific equipment/weight installed on your rig.

K1Paddler

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU
Many of us that installed a Rubicon suspension added spacers on the front only to get rid of the rake. This is what I did. However, others installed all the way around for additional lift.

I would recommend installing the front spacers only, then drive it a few days without installing the rear spacers. If you like what you see, don't install the rears. Otherwise, install the rear spacers later. It's really personal preference and specific equipment/weight installed on your rig.
Yeah that's probably a good call. While I would have liked to have a bit more lift all the way around, I don't want the rake. Will give it a go with only the 3/4" fronts installed and see how it looks. Thanks.

K1Paddler

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU
Thanks to folks here for answering my questions leading into this project. Prior to this a couple weeks back, I had already installed Rubi Rim/Tire new take offs along with Rubi rock rails. Last weekend I Installed Rubi springs & shocks along with Daystar 3/4" spacers (up front only). Here are the details along with some before & after pics:

Original Springs:
Front: 57/58
Rear: 87/88

Rubi Springs:
Front: 60/61
Rear: 91/92

Total Gains:
Fronts: 2" (includes Daystar spacers)
Rears: 1.5"

The Rubi springs had 500 miles on them and came off of one with hardtop, max tow and steel bumper options. I'm not sure which options get you the 61/62 front springs but would be curious to know...I'd have loved to have gotten those and installed the Daystar 3/4" spacers all the way around but one of my goals was to level it up. I'm extremely happy with the results and elimination of rake. I've got some 1.5" bora wheel spacers on order to give a bit wider stance. Next purchase...soft top in when spring 2021 comes around.

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension with RC level kit on JL sport IMG_7007

After:
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension with RC level kit on JL sport IMG_0721
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension with RC level kit on JL sport IMG_0722

Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Now I want to remove my rear spacer.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to folks here for answering my questions leading into this project. Prior to this a couple weeks back, I had already installed Rubi Rim/Tire new take offs along with Rubi rock rails. Last weekend I Installed Rubi springs & shocks along with Daystar 3/4" spacers (up front only). Here are the details along with some before & after pics:

Original Springs:

Rubi Springs:

Total Gains:

The Rubi springs had 500 miles on them and came off of one with hardtop, max tow and steel bumper options. I'm not sure which options get you the 61/62 front springs but would be curious to know...I'd have loved to have gotten those and installed the Daystar 3/4" spacers all the way around but one of my goals was to level it up. I'm extremely happy with the results and elimination of rake. I've got some 1.5" bora wheel spacers on order to give a bit wider stance. Next purchase...soft top in when spring 2021 comes around.

Before:

After:
Looks great! Very nice job!

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired

Original Springs:

Rubi Springs:

Total Gains:

Before:

After:
Your rig really looks nice. I'm going to do the same when y Willys comes in. You mentioned getting wheel spacers. Without them do you have any rub?

Sponsored

K1Paddler

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU
Your rig really looks nice. I'm going to do the same when y Willys comes in. You mentioned getting wheel spacers. Without them do you have any rub?
Thanks appreciate it. Nope absolutely no rub without the spacers, I got them for aesthetics only. In fact, I've had them for 3 weeks and not even sure I'm going to put them on at this point. Not sure if the hassle of dealing with all the extra lugs is worth the aesthetic benefit.

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase

Original Springs:

Rubi Springs:

Total Gains:

Before:
IMG_7007.jpeg

After:
IMG_0721.jpg
IMG_0722.jpg
Thanks for this post. I decided on a 61/62 front plus .5 inch spacer front and 91/92 no spacer back. Turned out great.

Also added the longer LCAs.

Couldn't be happier with the results. Before and after attached.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension with RC level kit on JL sport Screenshot_20201124-164010_Gallery

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension with RC level kit on JL sport Screenshot_20201124-164041_Gallery

20201124_173634.jpg

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

Thanks for this post. I decided on a 61/62 front plus .5 inch spacer front and 91/92 no spacer back. Turned out great.

Also added the longer LCAs.

Couldn't be happier with the results. Before and after attached.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension with RC level kit on JL sport 20201124_173634

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension with RC level kit on JL sport 20201124_173634

Looks great! Do you have the stock spring numbers and before and after measurements as well? I have a set I am looking to install and trying to plan what spacers may be needed.

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! Do you have the stock spring numbers and before and after measurements as well? I have a set I am looking to install and trying to plan what spacers may be needed.
I had 59/60 front springs and 88/89 back springs.

I'll measure it up tomorrow now that it has settled a bit and shoot you before and after measurements to the lip in the wheel well. The one thing I may have done different is install a 3/4 inch spacer instead of 1/2. I have about 1/2 inch rake with a metal front bumper I added.

I actually have the 3/4 inch front spacer but I'm not going to take it apart again. If you are interested I'd sell it.

Note that when I bought the Rubicon takeoffs, the front springs were the same as my current (59/60). I went to BAM Wholesale and got a 61/62 set for 60-ish bucks.

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

I had 59/60 front springs and 88/89 back springs.

I'll measure it up tomorrow now that it has settled a bit and shoot you before and after measurements to the lip in the wheel well. The one thing I may have done different is install a 3/4 inch spacer instead of 1/2. I have about 1/2 inch rake with a metal front bumper I added.

I actually have the 3/4 inch front spacer but I'm not going to take it apart again. If you are interested I'd sell it.

Note that when I bought the Rubicon takeoffs, the front springs were the same as my current (59/60). I went to BAM Wholesale and got a 61/62 set for 60-ish bucks.
Thanks, that’d be great to see the measurements, very helpful tip on BAM Wholesale as well.
Sponsored