First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 dr
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
got about 1 7/8” all around. Just coils and shocks. I centered the steering wheel the best I could but yes going in for alignment.
I'm hoping for at least 1 1/2" lift so sounds promising.
Sponsored

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Today I put Rubicon full suspension on my 2021 JLU Sport. Took me 7 hours, all the good springs for the extra heavy fully loaded Rubicon Recon. Don’t know how much lift I got because the thought to measure before and after didn’t cross my mind. It’s harder to climb in and it rides significantly higher and takes the bumps like a Jeep instead of a car. The Sport suspension is smooth, but that’s about it. 😂 I’ll try to take better photos later that include the same angle.

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension on a JL sport 454A333D-941F-4C7D-A198-347B6933C023

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension on a JL sport 335F8E7D-53CA-4A75-94C8-9F6782A1A963

After:
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension on a JL sport 8B8205B0-F001-40D0-93C9-BCAA05A7A1A3
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension on a JL sport 4F549478-96BC-43F7-B05F-7E80813B7235
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension on a JL sport CA69A806-0722-44B6-A76D-A04487A737A1

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I'm hoping for at least 1 1/2" lift so sounds promising.
@RickyMo with those spring #s you'll get about 2", and as far as adding a spacer in front, if you plan to add a winch then yes, a 3/4" spacer should work well
Here's my install thread and my spring #s are almost the same except for 59/61
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
In post #4 on the thread I linked is also the longer Mopar lift LCA install, I would also do this ASAP, this will keep your caster in the 6 degree range which will keep the Jeep tracking straight at hwy speed vs. wanting to wander if you don't add them. You can do this later though, but I'd get them ordered.
FWIW I added 3/4" front spacer after I added about 180lbs of winch & bumper in front.
Here's a start to finish. Stock, after new 295/70 tires & wheels, after Rubicon suspension, after winch & bumper, after front spacer added w/ winch & bumper, and finally w/ high fender kit (so I can run my new 315/70s that are waiting to be installed)

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension on a JL sport 100_4015.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension on a JL sport 100_4023.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension on a JL sport IMG_0253.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension on a JL sport IMG_0346.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension on a JL sport IMG_0386.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon suspension on a JL sport IMG_0411.JPG

RickyMo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 dr
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
@RickyMo with those spring #s you'll get about 2", and as far as adding a spacer in front, if you plan to add a winch then yes, a 3/4" spacer should work well
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
In post #4 on the thread I linked is also the longer Mopar lift LCA install, I would also do this ASAP, this will keep your caster in the 6 degree range which will keep the Jeep tracking straight at hwy speed vs. wanting to wander if you don't add them. You can do this later though, but I'd get them ordered.
FWIW I added 3/4" front spacer after I added about 180lbs of winch & bumper in front.
Here's a start to finish. Stock, after new 295/70 tires & wheels, after Rubicon suspension, after winch & bumper, after front spacer added w/ winch & bumper, and finally w/ high fender kit (so I can run my new 315/70s that are waiting to be installed)

All great information, Thanks

All great information, Thanks!

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver

100_4015.JPG
100_4023.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0386.JPG
IMG_0411.JPG
I’m looking to do that same tire size on my JLU with Rubicon swap, nice to see how well the tires fill out yours and now I know it’s the correct size to get. I also want the Milestar Patagonia.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’m looking to do that same tire size on my JLU with Rubicon swap, nice to see how well the tires fill out yours and now I know it’s the correct size to get. I also want the Milestar Patagonia.
The Patagonias are OK for the price but ended up w/ Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3s for my 315/70/17 setup. Don't mind paying more for a tire that will last twice as long and perform better for all those miles :) IME the Patagonias do most things pretty decent but not great in any aspect except for price.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
The Patagonias are OK for the price but ended up w/ Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3s for my 315/70/17 setup. Don't mind paying more for a tire that will last twice as long and perform better for all those miles :) IME the Patagonias do most things pretty decent but not great in any aspect except for price.
Okay, good to know. I was also looking at the Pirelli Scorpion. It’ll be a while, still got 40k miles left on these factor tires. I don’t like being wasteful so I’ll drive the factory ones till they’re shot.

Those Mickeys are nice. I can’t go 315 unless I do a fender mod like you did. I am very curious to see how that turned out if you have pics.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Okay, good to know. I was also looking at the Pirelli Scorpion. It’ll be a while, still got 40k miles left on these factor tires. I don’t like being wasteful so I’ll drive the factory ones till they’re shot.

Those Mickeys are nice. I can’t go 315 unless I do a fender mod like you did. I am very curious to see how that turned out if you have pics.
I still have a few months left on the Patagonias but will for sure have them on for our trip up to Colorado in Sept for some Badge of Honor trail runs :), will post pics when they're up & running for sure!
Sponsored