OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Love this write up and used it to throw my JLUR eco suspension on. Doing the Mopar lift kit LCAs this weekend and had a quick question on torque specs. If I am reading the chart right in the link they are 103+50 degrees? Only reason I ask is because the write up mentions he maxed out his 140lb wrench then added the degrees? Thanks in advance.
It's 103ft lbs plus 135 degrees. You can use torque wrench to 103 then use breaker bar to do (3) 45 degree turns. That's the easiest way since it's hard to get the room & leverage to go 135 degrees in one turn :)
Sponsored

303StingGray

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy 2dr
I apologize......when I get excited about wrenching I lose the ability to read clearly. Thanks and I plan on hitting torque and then using my bars like you mention.

rockenrolla

First Name
Rock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Alright guys, am I crazy or are my “extended” LCA’s not much more extended? Old on the left, new on the right.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Suspension on 2-door Sport image

here’s the part # on the LCA.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Suspension on 2-door Sport image

Sponsored

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
1/4” difference. Alignment is a game of thousandths, not halves.
Yep, one case where a 1/4" really does make a difference :)

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Stupid, stupid question... I plan on doing a lift (2 to 2.5") someday, but not for a bit. I find my stock 2019 JLUR working for what I am using it for, though I have "scraped" a few items. My question is... would this help on the stock Rubicon (4dr) ?

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stupid, stupid question... I plan on doing a lift (2 to 2.5") someday, but not for a bit. I find my stock 2019 JLUR working for what I am using it for, though I have "scraped" a few items. My question is... would this help on the stock Rubicon (4dr) ?
If you're referring to adding the longer Mopar LCAs, yes, this will help your Rubicon since your caster is low from the factory, won't help with any additional lift though. You will like driving it at higher speeds on the highway especially.

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

In searching the forums I haven’t seen anything about changing out bump stops when installing the swapped suspension. Just checking to see if anyone has any experience with this.

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
In searching the forums I haven’t seen anything about changing out bump stops when installing the swapped suspension. Just checking to see if anyone has any experience with this.
If your swapped set comes w/ bump stops I'd compare them and if they're different then swap the new ones in. Mine didn't come w/ them and most I've seen don't.

Sponsored

MudHorn4xforLife

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler 80th Anniversary Edition
My question revolves around possible axle shift. I have read elsewhere where this lift has caused a shift in their axle. Even comments on the MOOAR 2” lift not being complete. It centers around a need to place an adjustable track bar once lifted to prevent the shift. Please help me understand this! I have the JLU Rubi shocks & springs (60/61, 90/91) & the mentioned LCA’s are ordered and on the way. Do I also need an adjustable track bar too?
*EDIT - if I have gone this far should I put in a steering stabilizer at the same time?

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So longer pair of springs go in front and longer pair of shocks go in rear?
I don't remember which was which, I just compared them to my originals I think (it's been awhile) and matched the closest pairs, and the larger part# for each pair on the passenger side.

Mongo84

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sport
Lots of great info in this thread, thanks to all who posted. Recently got a take off jlur take off from rubitrux, as no one local to me had anything. Springs are 3658AD, 3659AD, 3589AA, 3590AA. Going in a no option 4 door sport. Should I look for higher spring numbers or did things change for the 2021 models. I see 2 take off sets for sale in the marketplace, with same spring numbers. Both hardtop jlur one is 2.0 one is 3.6.

GreySportySpice

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL Sport 6MT, 21' Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have an 18 sport with no options and I put on take offs from a loaded JLUR. I never did anything with LCA though I can see where it would improve handling. My current plan is to try and flex out the suspension and measure for tire clearance. I currently have 285/70r17 rubi takeoffs that have never rubbed but I want to know if I can go bigger with only some bump stops.
Sponsored