Sponsored

Rubicon stock tire question --which is the quietest on the highway?

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
Jeep offers 3 tire options for the Rubicon when you build one. Which tire is the quietest on the highway?
Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
2 of them are exactly same tire with one having white letters. last option is a m/t, I would assume, a/t tires to be quieter than m/t
⬆ This

weagle93

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
The offroad(All Terrain) tires will be quieter on pavement than the M/T (Mudd Terrain) tires.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Jeep offers 3 tire options for the Rubicon when you build one. Which tire is the quietest on the highway?
As noted, the AT tire will be quieter. None will be quiet per se and the Wrangler generally is a loud vehicle though.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I seem to recall that someone posted they had gotten Falken AT3W tires, instead of the BFG KO2, from the factory on their Rubicon. Anyone else? I would guess the Falken AT3W is quieter. Also, brand new tires with only a couple hundred miles will be very quiet, even some very aggressive tread patterns.

I know other makers like GM will normally deliver with one make, but also have other makes of tires that may be substituted at their discretion, when you check a particular option.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I put the Rubicon A/T tires (BFG KO2) on my Sport and can't really tell a difference between them and the stock Goodyear Kevlars that it came with.

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I have a 21 JLUR with 1800 miles now on it in 2 weeks. I had a 14 JKUS. I can not tell a difference between the BFG K02 and the Duelers that were on the Sahara as far as road-noise, smoothness of the ride, etc. I mean it is louder than my wife's Malibu but it is a Jeep. There are only 2 options, AT one is Black wall and white wall same tires, and then the MT

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I had stock A/T tires on my JLUS, and my wife has stock M/T tires on her JLUR, both 2020s, and the A/T tires were much quieter on the highway.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I put the Rubicon A/T tires (BFG KO2) on my Sport and can't really tell a difference between them and the stock Goodyear Kevlars that it came with.
They will get more noisy as they get more miles on them. At about half life, they still aren't bad, but you'll definitely hear them.
Sponsored