DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
While the Mopar has a vulnerability if you smake it hard, it does have a couple advantages. First and foremost, to me, is that it is light weight. Start adding a bunch of weight to your Jeep and it will cost you power and fuel economy. It adds up. Then you put more wear and tear on drive train and suspension components. You also eat into fuel economy.

Another advantage is that my 35¨ spare rests on the bumper, so I don´t need a tailgate reinforcement/support.

I know some have hit the bumper and it got into the body. I´m guessing they hit pretty hard on a corner. I haven´t hit mine like that yet. I tend to go straing where I hit either my exhaust tips (thick stainless, Magnaflo, which have held up well) or my hitch, which can take a serious beating.

Everything is a compromise. You always drive off road in a way that protects vulnerable parts, such as the differential or tie rod. But if you don´t want to worry about that bumper, there are lots of options that are strong enough to take whatever you throw at it and still protect the Jeep. But for me, for now, I like the light weight and tire resting on it. My tune might change if I knock the hell out of it, but I haven´t done that yet in 42k miles.

I´m heading to Moab in 2 weeks and one Jeep going with us is a 2 door JK, also with Pentastar, 35´s and 4.10 axles. He´s got massive bumpers and heavy skid plates, heavier winch, and his wheels and even tires are much heavier than mine (C-rated KO2s, 64lbs each, stock rims). I´m pretty certain his Jeep weighs more than my 4 door. On the highway drives to/from off-road trips, especially in the mountains, my Jeep can walk away from him, with ease. And I get about 1.5 mpg better, too.

french jeeper

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR2019,santana(suzuki)
hello ;(excuse for my english i am french)if you go off road ghange your rear bumper I took off the stock in a deep hole .I put a ARB stronger than the stock and nicer

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
On top of the added strength against hits from behind and below, I chose this Cavfab Ultra High Clearance bumper because it has less profile hanging down behind the tires. And without the factory exhaust, it's much more opened up back there.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Steel Rear Bumper Worth It??? 20200628_200959_resized

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Steel Rear Bumper Worth It??? 20210211_132351_resized
Sponsored