Andrew_MI

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Hello,
This is my first Jeep and looking to install a winch. I have the steel bumper that is winch ready. Does that mean I can install a winch right to it or will it require the $400 mounting kit?
The installation of the Warn winch PDF doesn't show what it is exactly attached to, any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Hello,
This is my first Jeep and looking to install a winch. I have the steel bumper that is winch ready. Does that mean I can install a winch right to it or will it require the $400 mounting kit?
The installation of the Warn winch PDF doesn't show what it is exactly attached to, any help would be appreciated!
There are non mopar mounting kits that are cheaper.

Jethris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
How do you handle a mandatory front license plate?

Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
there is a few ways people handle the front license plate, there are brackets that mount between the fairlead and the bumper, for roller fairleads you can get a mount that clips onto the rollers, you can zip screw it to the bumper out of the way, or you can just zip tie it to the plate.

just check with your local laws as to what they allow, in MA i know they want it bolted on in some way but i have only heard of people getting nabbed for it during inspection if they just zipped tied it

Kery00

First Name
Kery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango, Ford CMAX, Punk'n Jeep on the way
Does anyone have any pictures where they mounted a winch and also have a front mounted license plate? Would love to see how people have solved this problem.

Kery00

First Name
Kery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango, Ford CMAX, Punk'n Jeep on the way

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast

ranman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Does anyone have any pictures where they mounted a winch and also have a front mounted license plate? Would love to see how people have solved this problem.
Mopar steel bumper - Warn winch carrier - Warn winch - Mopar grille guard

The Warn carrier comes with a plate bracket. It angles the plate more streamlined under the bumper. People were telling me I might get pulled over because the plate was not as visible. I did a hack job just bending the plate forward which I know looks like crap. Maybe heating and bending the bracket would have been a cleaner looking option. I installed the plate with thumb screws to make for easy removal for off roading. We don't have much of a problem with plates getting stolen around here. Overall, I'm happy with the look and tolerating the messed up plate.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Steel Bumper with winch front bumper and winch
Sponsored

Last edited: