Rubicon steel bumper weight

Rubicon jl

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Just wondering if anyone happens to know the weight of the factory steel bumper. Thinking of going with an aluminum bumper to save weight
Advertisement

Dmk679

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 4Dr
I just took mine off to install a winch plate and winch. I'd say it was around 40 to 45lb. This isn't exact but my ballpark estimate.

Steven

First Name
Steven Cassidy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x4
Occupation
Dad
The shipping weight from big Q is 78 pounds.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Just wondering if anyone happens to know the weight of the factory steel bumper. Thinking of going with an aluminum bumper to save weight
The knock off ones on Ebay that look original are supposedly heavier than the original.

Also the factory steel bumper isn't heavy. One adult can carry two if they can grip and balance. An extra passenger would weigh more. So unless you're taking the weight loss seriously and taking heaps more off, you're not going to notice a difference with less than 2% weight difference against without it.

OP
OP

Rubicon jl

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
The knock off ones on Ebay that look original are supposedly heavier than the original.

Also the factory steel bumper isn't heavy. One adult can carry two if they can grip and balance. An extra passenger would weigh more. So unless you're taking the weight loss seriously and taking heaps more off, you're not going to notice a difference with less than 2% weight difference against without it.
Thanks

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement