Rubicon Springs on Sahara

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I would just look for a rubicon take off with 61/62 and 91/92 springs. Add spacers depending on any additional loads added (like steel bumpers, winches, etc).

Remember +1 on the spring numbers will give you 1/3" lift in general.
What rear bumper are you using?
Sponsored

Greymatter

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s my Rubi takeoff info (I also added a teraflex 0.5” spacer on all 4 corners).

spring info:
Orig.
DF-58 PF-59
DR-87 PR-88
Rubi
DF-61 PF-62 (+3)
DR-91 PR-92 (+4)

Measurements from ground to lower part of fender:

Before After
DF 36.75 38.25
DR 36.75 38.5
PF 36.5 38.25
PR 36.75 38.5

overall very pleased with 1.5” to 1.75” lift and hoping for Rubi takeoff fenders next.

The only trouble I had was getting the Passenger Front spring out as the axle didn’t want to drop low enough to release the spring. I was also replacing the Lower Control Arms with the Mopar 2” lift kit LCAs so I dropped the stock LCA out and the spring just Fell out. It was a bit difficult getting the new LCA in with the Jeep raised in the garage though. After swapping the new LCA on the drivers side and raising the axle up towards normal compression, the New LCA went in much smoother. The only negative effect is that my steering wheel is now an inch or so turned to the left as I drive straight.
F4F3B410-414F-4F94-B816-5DC471CA4F02.jpeg
96E18F24-0180-41D2-B888-0131B34C1D00.jpeg
Thanks for all the insight and info on this site!
I am doing the same thing and wondering if I add the stock steel bumper the front will end up too low? Looks,like,you have the stock bumper.

Do you think the Jeep is level enough with that lift it could aFord a little front sag to give a slight rake or do you think a .75 spacer in front will be better?

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy’s
I am doing the same thing and wondering if I add the stock steel bumper the front will end up too low? Looks,like,you have the stock bumper.

Do you think the Jeep is level enough with that lift it could aFord a little front sag to give a slight rake or do you think a .75 spacer in front will be better?
My Jeep is definitely level so a stock steel bumper might add a little rake. Have you thought about adding a larger spacer in front than the rear to account for the droop. I kind of wish that I added a little more lift with the spacer. I plan on putting 35s in a little bit.

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition

You can take a look at the information I provided as I have both front and rear oem mopar steel bumpers. Mine is fairly level with a little bit of rake to the front.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-springs-on-sahara.10715/post-1582175

Sponsored

Greymatter

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep is definitely level so a stock steel bumper might add a little rake. Have you thought about adding a larger spacer in front than the rear to account for the droop. I kind of wish that I added a little more lift with the spacer. I plan on putting 35s in a little bit.
Did you stack spacers or find a 1”. I have only been able to find .5 spacers

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
Last edited:

Okiedokie

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Sahara
I can't thank this forum enough for all the guidance and answers you all have provided on this one. Tackled switching out the shocks/springs and LCAs this weekend and I am so happy with how it turned out!

Before and after pics!

I'm almost at the end of my mod wish list which is unsettling. Maybe some new wheel liners are in order...

20210819_195017.jpg

Resized_20210925_134110.jpeg

Chief20

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Hi can anyone help me because im confused at what i have now. I got a rubicon suspension from a rubicon with a diesel engine with tow package and steel bumpers with sky touch.
The spring numbers are
68253665AD
68253665AD
68253601AA
68253601AA

Pabst113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy’s
Did you stack spacers or find a 1”. I have only been able to find .5 spacers
I didn’t stack any spacers, but used 3/4” teraflex spacer on all 4 corners in addition to the Rubicon takeoffs. Mine is level with those, but I don’t have a a steel bumper in front and do have the towing package and a light weight steel bumper in back.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Hi can anyone help me because im confused at what i have now. I got a rubicon suspension from a rubicon with a diesel engine with tow package and steel bumpers with sky touch.
The spring numbers are
68253665AD
68253665AD
68253601AA
68253601AA
I've got a local lead on a similar kit and not seeing much documentation. I'm in a Sahara Altitude, so probably near the top anyways.

If I can get ~1" of lift with this, then it's worth the trouble. If I'm going to get less than that, then I'll save the $$ and just do spacers to get me by for a bit.

Is there a way to find which spring #s are currently installed on my Jeep without crawling under there and trying to see the tag?

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I've got a local lead on a similar kit and not seeing much documentation. I'm in a Sahara Altitude, so probably near the top anyways.

If I can get ~1" of lift with this, then it's worth the trouble. If I'm going to get less than that, then I'll save the $$ and just do spacers to get me by for a bit.

Is there a way to find which spring #s are currently installed on my Jeep without crawling under there and trying to see the tag?
I think the Rubi Diesel springs provide the most lift... add tow and steel bumpers and you're probably at max stock spring numbers. The problem is, the springs are the same left to right, so you might need a small spacer on the passenger side to level out. Non-diesel jeeps normally come one spring # lower on the driver side.

Of course, I have no actual experience with diesel springs, just what I've read on this forum...

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I think the Rubi Diesel springs provide the most lift... add tow and steel bumpers and you're probably at max stock spring numbers. The problem is, the springs are the same left to right, so you might need a small spacer on the passenger side to level out. Non-diesel jeeps normally come one spring # lower on the driver side.

Of course, I have no actual experience with diesel springs, just what I've read on this forum...
Yeah I'd noticed that, as well - most threads list different springs on either sides.

Aside from the height gain, is there really much difference if I've got the "HD Suspension" on the Sahara already? This is my daily driver, mostly highway with ~monthly light offroad park visits.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Yeah I'd noticed that, as well - most threads list different springs on either sides.

Aside from the height gain, is there really much difference if I've got the "HD Suspension" on the Sahara already? This is my daily driver, mostly highway with ~monthly light offroad park visits.
The ride would probably feel much stiffer, and whether you want that is personal preference. I noticed a difference between my factory Sport springs and the Rubi takeoffs.

You can get under your Sahara and check your current spring numbers. That should give you an idea of how much lift you might get with the new springs.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

The ride would probably feel much stiffer, and whether you want that is personal preference. I noticed a difference between my factory Sport springs and the Rubi takeoffs.

You can get under your Sahara and check your current spring numbers. That should give you an idea of how much lift you might get with the new springs.
So my FR is 59, which helps.

Based on most of the calculators I see, this means I should get ~2"+ of lift, which is pretty nice for the price (and factory quality).

HOWEVER, my new question is what kind of spacer would I need? Could I just get a ~0.5 leveling kit and not use it all, or would I need more?

ALSO, with that much lift, would I need to grab the MOPAR LCAs and other "correcting things" (which would increase the cost and thus decrease the overall value)?

At $120, this seems like a steal, especially for how much lift I'd get. I have the $120 easy, but I'm wary that this is going to be one of those things that starts out at $120 and then requires $300 of additional "stuff" to correct geometry and whatnot.
Sponsored