2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
From what I have gathered, each increase on the spring numbers, it lifts about 1/3 of an inch. +3 on the spring increase will get you approx 1" lift.

If my math is correct, the increase should follow:

+1 = 1/3"
+2 = 2/3"
+3 = 1"
+4 = 1 1/3"

Then from there you think about your spacer options.

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
Looking to make the Rubicon takeoff swap on my 2019 JL SAHARA. As others have stated I’m looking to get ~1” lift to retain factory wheel well sizing and balance with a set of rubicon 33” tires.

Current SAHARA suspension numbers below.

What Rubicon suspension numbers should I be looking for to ensure a 1” lift?

Driver (Front) - 57
Passenger (Front) - 58
Driver (Rear) - 88
Passenger (Rear) - 89

You will need the following to achieve a 1 inch lift all around

Driver (Front) - 60
Passenger (Front) - 61
Driver (Rear) - 91
Passenger (Rear) - 92

Based on the numbers, you will have a slight 1/3" rake to the front if you are on a hardtop (soft top will be even more). You may want to either go with 61/62 spring in the front or add a 1/2" spacer puck to level it out a bit. If you planned on doing a steel bumper later, you may want to do a 3/4" Daystar puck.

JLWarrior

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL RUBICON
You will need the following to achieve a 1 inch lift all around

Driver (Front) - 60
Passenger (Front) - 61
Driver (Rear) - 91
Passenger (Rear) - 92

Based on the numbers, you will have a slight 1/3" rake to the front if you are on a hardtop (soft top will be even more). You may want to either go with 61/62 spring in the front or add a 1/2" spacer puck to level it out a bit. If you planned on doing a steel bumper later, you may want to do a 3/4" Daystar puck.
thank you!

Sponsored

JLWarrior

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL RUBICON
From what I have gathered, each increase on the spring numbers, it lifts about 1/3 of an inch. +3 on the spring increase will get you approx 1" lift.

If my math is correct, the increase should follow:

+1 = 1/3"
+2 = 2/3"
+3 = 1"
+4 = 1 1/3"

Then from there you think about your spacer options.
Thank you! This makes it a lot easier to estimate and procure the right springs

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
There are a number of related posts here -- and also a spreadsheet which gives some of the equipment configurations.

If you are going to change out the shocks, and especially if you are putting in a spacer kit, consider tracking down some springs which are +1 or +2 what you already have since the spacer kit is going to require you to pull the spring.

Rule of thumb seems to be approximately one-quarter to one-half inch for each higher spring number.

My JLU Islander build-out using Rubi takeoffs was 58/59 --> 61/62 & 88/89 --> 91/92 but I had to source 2 of those springs outside of the takeoff. I also added the teraflex 1/2" spacer on both front and back. Ultimately I gained 1.5 inches both front & back, this was with installing front/rear steel bumpers and front steel cable winch. (that height gain was independent of the 33's which were also installed)

Here is before:
IMG_3754X.jpeg

and after:
IMG_3839.jpeg

Hope this helps, happy to provide more details.
Hey Doug would you be able to post more side profiles of your Jeep? Want to see how much it lifted in picture.

DougM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
Hey Doug would you be able to post more side profiles of your Jeep? Want to see how much it lifted in picture.
Sure, let me know if you want to see something more. (The driveway has a slight crest, so I can pull it out to the street) The measures I took before & after gave +1.5"

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Springs on Sahara IMG_3997

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Springs on Sahara IMG_3998

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Springs on Sahara IMG_3999

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
Here is mine... just installed and aligned. Here is a pic of before and after. More details to follow.

61/62 & 91/92 combo. Front has a 1" teraflex spacer and the rear has .5".

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Springs on Sahara 20210714_174004

After:
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Springs on Sahara 20210719_130059

Measurements

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Springs on Sahara 20210720_213957

Overall I gained about 1.5 inches in the front (with an 1" spacer) and 1.3 inches in the rear with a .5" spacer). The back was a bit high than expected and the front was lower than expected. I guess my Mopar steel bumper and skid plate really sag the front down a bit... even with 61/62 front springs. So don't hesitate to put the spacers in if you are going to carry some heavier accessories.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Mine was too level. Loaded up it would lose 3/4”+ and squat. I couldn’t have that so I added 1” Synergy springs and I personally didn’t need a bump stop extension.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

This is exactly what I want, and seems like a great solution to keeping my factory tires (at least until they wear out) but still getting a slightly better stance.

Is the best way to determine which springs I have is to just crawl under there? Where will it be noted?

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Did you guys get an alignment after installing Rubicon springs? I just did the swap and added a 1/2 inch spacer in the front. Just curious as to what others have done here.

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
Did you guys get an alignment after installing Rubicon springs? I just did the swap and added a 1/2 inch spacer in the front. Just curious as to what others have done here.
I didn't do an alignment since it doesn't change anything other than castor and check whether axel is centered. A mild lift shouldn't impact either in a big way. Since I used the fixed control arms, there is no adjustments anyways.

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
This is exactly what I want, and seems like a great solution to keeping my factory tires (at least until they wear out) but still getting a slightly better stance.

Is the best way to determine which springs I have is to just crawl under there? Where will it be noted?
I would just look for a rubicon take off with 61/62 and 91/92 springs. Add spacers depending on any additional loads added (like steel bumpers, winches, etc).

Remember +1 on the spring numbers will give you 1/3" lift in general.
Sponsored