Rubicon Springs on Sahara

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I'm going to have to shop around for service. I received a quote today for $1500. He told me I'd want the Rubicon steering stabilizer, which was a $250 part - said the job would be 10 hours. At that price, I'd just assume go back to working with my dealer on the Mopar 2-inch lift.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I'm going to have to shop around for service. I received a quote today for $1500. He told me I'd want the Rubicon steering stabilizer, which was a $250 part - said the job would be 10 hours. At that price, I'd just assume go back to working with my dealer on the Mopar 2-inch lift.
10hrs????
It's a 2 hr job if you've done it before and no more than a 3 hr job if the guy is mildly competent. I would seriously see if there's any site members that are near you that could help out and go the DIY route.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
10hrs????
It's a 2 hr job if you've done it before and no more than a 3 hr job if the guy is mildly competent. I would seriously see if there's any site members that are near you that could help out and go the DIY route.
I was slow. It took me a part of two days in a heated garage. In my defense I was teaching my kid at the same time. lol Tool runs too as my air impact was too weak. I was super picky too and checked my own work like an ocd person.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Is the Mopar LCA's necessary if I just swapped to BFGoodrich KO2's (Rubicon wheels)?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I was slow. It took me a part of two days in a heated garage. In my defense I was teaching my kid at the same time. lol Tool runs too as my air impact was too weak. I was super picky too and checked my own work like an ocd person.
Well if it's a DIY and you're not on someone else's dime taking a lot more time isn't a bad thing at all, but that's just blatant robbery for a shop to quote that labor :(

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

Skystak

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 JL
Ok I read all 24 pages:) never saw a specific answer on question of what to do if you add Steel bumper and winch, which I did. I had these numbers before and after swapping plastic bumper and adding steel;
DF 36.50". 35.70
PF 36.25. 35.55
DR 37.75. Same
PR 37.50. Same

soooo, all I want to do is get it back to close to stock, no new tires. The springs in front look really compressed. I like the idea of doing rubi takeoff in front only with .5 spacer to fix the rake. Can you do only the front like this or MUST you also the rear. I have been told yes and no...does anyone have this set up or steel and winch swap?

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I read all 24 pages:) never saw a specific answer on question of what to do if you add Steel bumper and winch, which I did. I had these numbers before and after swapping plastic bumper and adding steel;
DF 36.50". 35.70
PF 36.25. 35.55
DR 37.75. Same
PR 37.50. Same

soooo, all I want to do is get it back to close to stock, no new tires. The springs in front look really compressed. I like the idea of doing rubi takeoff in front only with .5 spacer to fix the rake. Can you do only the front like this or MUST you also the rear. I have been told yes and no...does anyone have this set up or steel and winch swap?
You replace front and back springs and shocks. Different spring rates and shock characteristics seem like it would be trouble if you do a frankenstein half sport half rubicon suspension. Might work, but I don't know. Just put that .5" or 3/4" spacer on the front and no spacer on the back and you should be good.

Sponsored

VTSpam

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed
Such a great thread and read all of it. Learned a lot. I will be putting on a Rubi Suspension on my JLUS. Will be doing the teraflex 1.5 spacers and hope to get 2-2.5 inches (one day going to 35s). I will be getting Rubi wheel/tire takeoffs when i find the right ones at the right price. Some questions... and i know I’ll have more later ...
  • I’m shooting to find 61/62s for the rears and 91/92s for the front. Do the AA, AB, and ACs matter in the part number?
  • Does it really matter if it’s from one with a tow package? Steel bumper? Etc? If the part numbers are right, would they be different physically on different rides?
  • Saw some torque numbers early on on this post. Then I saw some much higher (in the 100s) for torque. Trying to figure out what is what.
  • Build Details - Where do people get these? I have my VIN of course... would love the details and learn what i have on board.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Such a great thread and read all of it. Learned a lot. I will be putting on a Rubi Suspension on my JLUS. Will be doing the teraflex 1.5 spacers and hope to get 2-2.5 inches (one day going to 35s). I will be getting Rubi wheel/tire takeoffs when i find the right ones at the right price. Some questions... and i know I’ll have more later ...
  • I’m shooting to find 61/62s for the rears and 91/92s for the front. Do the AA, AB, and ACs matter in the part number?
  • Does it really matter if it’s from one with a tow package? Steel bumper? Etc? If the part numbers are right, would they be different physically on different rides?
  • Saw some torque numbers early on on this post. Then I saw some much higher (in the 100s) for torque. Trying to figure out what is what.
  • Build Details - Where do people get these? I have my VIN of course... would love the details and learn what i have on board.
  • AA, AB, AC, etc. are the versions of the part number (AA being produced first, AB is the first revision, etc.)
  • The tow package & steel bumper doesn't necessarily mean the 61/62 & 91/92 combo, other factors have an effect (like hard vs soft top). See the chart below.
  • It's really high. I don't recall the number, but it's over 100 lb-ft.
  • contact @AllMoparParts.com for build details

This is only a partial list. I stopped trying to keep track about a year ago.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Springs on Sahara 1.PNG

VTSpam

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed
There a JLUR 2.0 set for sale that I’m interested in. 62/63 and 91/92. Thoughts on a JLUS 4dr Manual 3.6 w/Hardtop?

Awickedbeast

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara Unlimited High Altitude
Occupation
Factory Mechanic
Finally took the time to get the rubicon shocks and springs installed on my 2019 Sahara. First pic is before, second pic is after. It lifted it a little bit, not much but it is noticeable getting in and out of it. It drives and handles really good. Not sure if it sits level but it does sit higher than it did. Should I have added the teraflex .5 spacers and upgrade to the Mopar lower control arms? To me it drives and handles just fine. thanks in advance.

7C3E4D67-77D1-4D2F-9086-D891EC83BAFE.jpeg

A607CF12-B79E-4482-B932-ADCA4042BCB5.jpeg

6togo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
So I'm finally going to get around to swapping the Rubi springs and spacers along with longer LCA's on my Sahara.
Are these the correct part number's I need for springs and shocks?
68253660AC and 38253661AC front springs
68253590AA and 68253591AA rear springs

68330209AA Front Rubicon shocks
68330210AA Rear Rubicon shocks

I also see there is the 61/62 91/92 spring option is there any difference?
Sponsored

Last edited: