Sponsored

Rubicon Springs on Sahara

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
And done. Got everything done today. Rubi swap, .5 spacer, mopar LCAs.
Nice looking setup! Did you swap w/ a Diesel Rubicon by chance? Looks like a pretty high lift if you used standard Rubi springs w/ that Diesel on board.

BEEBOB

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL ECODIESEL Sport S
Occupation
Nuclear I&C
Nice looking setup! Did you swap w/ a Diesel Rubicon by chance? Looks like a pretty high lift if you used standard Rubi springs w/ that Diesel on board.
Yeah springs were from a diesel. And mine is a diesel

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 1997 Porsche 993, 1978 911 SC 3.6 Restomod, 2017 F150, XLT
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect I'd say!
I need help. I have a 2019 JLU Sahara, 4dr, 2.0 with hardtop. Coils are 58/59 and 89/90. I bought Rubicon suspension from a 2019 Rubicon, 4dr, 2.0, hardtop and tow package without verifying coil numbers before purchase. I just looked at them since I am now ready to install and coils are 62/62 and 91/91. Same numbers for front and rear. Will this work or do I need to start looking for different a different Rubicon suspension.
Hey Steve,
I just saw your post. I think you should keep your Rubi take offs and install them. In my opinion you have a pretty good Rubi take off with 62s in the front and 91s in the back. I have a very similar take off with both front and rear drvr and psngr sides the same. It seems various configs of Sports, Sahara and Rubicon have psngr side springs a little longer than drvr side, but there are definitely Rubis with same length psngr and drvr springs like the one you have and the ones I have. Mine came off of a 2020 Rubi with steel bumpers, 3.6L engine, hardtop, but no tow package. I think the front springs you have are a bit taller than my 61s, so you should get a pretty good lift. Here is my 61/61 and 91/91s with Teraflex .5" leveling spacers on front and back on my 2020 Saharacon with Rubi wheels and tires take offs (285/70/17; 33"). I measured with a measuring tape and eye balled to the bottom of the front fender and its about 38 3/4 and the bottom of the rear fender is about 39 1/4. Not sure how this compares with the stock set up I had on the Sahara because I didn't measure the "before" condition, but the springs I took off were 58/59 front and 88/89 rear.

Jeep Rubi Take Off 1.jpg

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hey Steve,
I just saw your post. I think you should keep your Rubi take offs and install them. In my opinion you have a pretty good Rubi take off with 62s in the front and 91s in the back. I have a very similar take off with both front and rear drvr and psngr sides the same. It seems various configs of Sports, Sahara and Rubicon have psngr side springs a little longer than drvr side, but there are definitely Rubis with same length psngr and drvr springs like the one you have and the ones I have. Mine came off of a 2020 Rubi with steel bumpers, 3.6L engine, hardtop, but no tow package. I think the front springs you have are a bit taller than my 61s, so you should get a pretty good lift. Here is my 61/61 and 91/91s with Teraflex .5" leveling spacers on front and back on my 2020 Saharacon with Rubi wheels and tires take offs (285/70/17; 33"). I measured with a measuring tape and eye balled to the bottom of the front fender and its about 38 3/4 and the bottom of the rear fender is about 39 1/4. Not sure how this compares with the stock set up I had on the Sahara because I didn't measure the "before" condition, but the springs I took off were 58/59 front and 88/89 rear.
Another "Looks perfect I'd say" :)
Nice work!

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to tackle this suspension swap this weekend. Just to clarify- I don't need to loosen LCA's? If they are toothed wouldn't you need to loosen them since you are changing the angle?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I'm going to tackle this suspension swap this weekend. Just to clarify- I don't need to loosen LCA's? If they are toothed wouldn't you need to loosen them since you are changing the angle?
I did even though I just put on a Rubicon takeoff suspension only getting 1” additional height up front. I just imagined the rubber bushing being in constant bind and thought it won’t last as long. Especially as it hardens with age. I used the factory torquing method too.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Most suggest loosening them then retorque them on the ground after installing the lift. Front ones are a PIA. I used a floor jack lifting the torque wrench handle to get them to final torque on one of the sides. OTOH, it's a good excuse to just install the Mopar lift LCAs to keep your caster in spec.

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
First picture is Rubi Takeoff's with stock SAHARA suspension

Second picture has Rubi Springs 60/62 front and 90/91 rear with 1/2" teraflex spacers

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Springs on Sahara Jeep Rubi Take Off 1

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Springs on Sahara Jeep Rubi Take Off 1
Did you put the spacers all the way around? The shop thats putting the rubi suspension on my Sport S recommended only putting the spacers up front.

Sponsored

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Did you put the spacers all the way around? The shop thats putting the rubi suspension on my Sport S recommended only putting the spacers up front.
I only put the .5 inch spacers on the front on mine and it leveled it out nicely. Its a personal preference, but I like it leveled out.

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Planned on posting in this thread, but ended in up the LCA thread, which is fine, plenty of good feedback there as well.

I'm thinking of doing this combination and just want to be sure I've got it right. I'm starting with a 18' Sahara JL with Rubicon take-off wheels and KO2 tires.

If I've researched this thread correctly, most people are recommending the Rubicon shocks, springs, Teraflex 0.5 spacers and the Mopar LCAs (s)?

Outside of the spacers, these are all Mopar parts. Not that I anticipate warranty issues, but would these parts raise any red flags should I need to get it serviced? Spacers are the only non-Mopar part.

I won't be doing myself, so will have to find a local shop. Is this pretty straightforward for any half way decent auto repair shop? How much do you anticipate these updates will cost? Will I need an alignment?

Finally, is everyone happy with this setup? Has anyone managed to get 35s on with this lift?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Planned on posting in this thread, but ended in up the LCA thread, which is fine, plenty of good feedback there as well.

I'm thinking of doing this combination and just want to be sure I've got it right. I'm starting with a 18' Sahara JL with Rubicon take-off wheels and KO2 tires.

If I've researched this thread correctly, most people are recommending the Rubicon shocks, springs, Teraflex 0.5 spacers and the Mopar LCAs (s)?

Outside of the spacers, these are all Mopar parts. Not that I anticipate warranty issues, but would these parts raise any red flags should I need to get it serviced? Spacers are the only non-Mopar part.

I won't be doing myself, so will have to find a local shop. Is this pretty straightforward for any half way decent auto repair shop? How much do you anticipate these updates will cost? Will I need an alignment?

Finally, is everyone happy with this setup? Has anyone managed to get 35s on with this lift?

Shouldn't have a problem w/ warranty, doubt they'd even know you swapped the Rubicon suspension over. It's about a 2 hr job for a shop that does this kind of thing on a regular basis. Might take another hour for a shop that isn't as well-versed.

Very happy w/ my setup, it's a 2dr so they tend to get an extra 1/2-3/4" lift vs. the 4dr though.

With the Sahara/Sport gears might stick w/ 315/70s vs a true 35 just to give you a little better chance of seeing 8th gear once in a blue moon :)

I'm running 295/70s but will be going up to a 34.5" next set.

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase

I currently have 255/75/17s (32.16 inches) tires with the rubicon swap and .5 inch spacers. I’m actually about to add the Teraflex 1.5 inch spacer kit because I like a little more wheel well showing. I think you could definitely fit 35s but they would be absolutely stuffed with not much wheel travel. I’ve seen guys with rubicon takeoffs with the .5 inch spacers and it looks pretty good with plenty of clearance, but it’s all about visual preference.
Sponsored