Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
If you are using the 2.5" RC budget lift then it really is a 2" lift, well sort of. You get 2" in the back and 2.5" in the front to take the rake out. I honestly don't know the answer to your question but I do know the Sport springs are def shorter than the Rubi springs, there is a pic somewhere on the forum. But like the other poster said if the Rubi shock is long enough you wouldn't need the shock extension.
Personally I wouldn't mix and match but maybe someone here has more experience in this realm.
For me, I have the entire Rubi suspension and will be replacing with it in the next month or so and still keeping the 2.5" RC lift on it.
Sponsored

todd1jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport, 2018 Unlimited JK Golden Eagle
I know this may have been answered, but I have a 2 door Sport and already have the Rubicon wheels and tires on it. When purchasing the Rubicon pull off suspension, what all do I need. I have read just shocks and springs, but others have said that I also need the lower control arms from the Rubi. Can anyone shed some light on this for me as I am looking to proceed with this mod. THanks

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you from a Sahara perspective, so I don't know if the Sport is the same.

I got the springs, shocks, lower control arms and all sway bar links. I compared the control arms and sway bar links and they are identical between the Sahara and Sport. If someone has done a Sport to Sahara conversion maybe they can fill in the blank.
Sorry it's not exactly what you wanted but it might help. Good luck!

We put Rubi rims/tires on the Sahara and a RC 2.5" budget lift and it looks great. I will be throwing on the Rubi suspension as well to give it a little more lift.

OP
OP

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I know this may have been answered, but I have a 2 door Sport and already have the Rubicon wheels and tires on it. When purchasing the Rubicon pull off suspension, what all do I need. I have read just shocks and springs, but others have said that I also need the lower control arms from the Rubi. Can anyone shed some light on this for me as I am looking to proceed with this mod. THanks

also did this on a sahara and bought them from Rubitrux, they confirmed no need for control arms as they are the same (just need springs and shocks). I think it is the same for a sport but not 100%

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
also did this on a sahara and bought them from Rubitrux, they confirmed no need for control arms as they are the same (just need springs and shocks). I think it is the same for a sport but not 100%
That's where I got mine as well. Swung by to grab Rubi rims/tires from them and asked how much for the suspension, $299 for everything.

Allentown, NJ!!!! I used to drive through there on my way to Whiting NJ to visit my Grandparents. Quaint little town, jerk police... got a ticket many many years ago.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
That's where I got mine as well. Swung by to grab Rubi rims/tires from them and asked how much for the suspension, $299 for everything.

Allentown, NJ!!!! I used to drive through there on my way to Whiting NJ to visit my Grandparents. Quaint little town, jerk police... got a ticket many many years ago.
Lol, that is the town, I live just outside it (Upper Freehold but my mailing address is Allentown). Police in town ticket like crazy...I too have gotten a ticket in town.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
So I officially did this on mine. Bought the Rubi suspension on my Sahara.

I’ll admit- not bad. It’s only about an inch, but for the cost- I like it. Rounds out the Sahara look. Rides a little more stiff, but not horrible at all (you Rubi guys need to calm down about how much different the ride quality is).

Overall, big fan. If you can get the takeoffs cheap and have a local mechanic or your own ability- great option for the cost. I’m sure I’ll replace it down the road, but it’s a good spot for a daily driver.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
So This weekend I decided to pull the trigger and put the Rubi suspension on my Sahara. My first suspension swap on my first wrangler and it went pretty smoothly. In actuality the only tools you need are 3/8 or 1/2 ratchet with an 18mm deep socket, a torque wrench, Floor jack and jack stands. Jack up the jeep high enough so the tires are at least 4inches off the ground and put on jack stands and remove the tires. Place the jack under the center of rear diff and jack up to release shock tension and remove shock bolts upper and lower, Next undo the lower bolt of the sway link, repeat for the other side then lower the rear axle with the jack until you can wiggle the springs out. Make sure the spring isolator on top sits where it should with the small rubber peg in the slot on top when you are installing the new springs. You do not have to loosen or remove the lower or upper control arms. Front was a little more tricky because you have to jack up the vehicle a little higher because there is more suspension travel however same procedure as rear. **In order to lower the front axle far enough undo the bracket that holds your brake lines to the chassis with a 10mm ratchet, it will allow the axle to go low enough without putting tension on those lines.**

Also take note it helps to have a second jack to slightly jack up the drivers side to keep a tiny bit of tension on your spring so it doesn't fall out of place as the passenger side springs are slightly taller than the drivers side (has to do with fuel tank being on passenger side). Take note of the different spring part numbers as they are location specific.

Torque specs are: 80ft/ibs for top shock bolts x4
75ft/ibs for lower shock bolts x4
60ft/ibs for sway bar links x4
Also remember to torque your wheel lug nuts to 130ft/ibs as per jeep manual.

No before and after pics but as you can see there is a nice subtle lift and the ride is not much different than the Sahara suspension however it is slightly stiffer but isn't harsh at all. thanks to the OP for helping as well. Any questions feel free to ask.

Happy Jeeping
Hey, I just got some rubi take offs and was going to do this myself (most likely) and wanted to know if u knew the parts number for each each spring since u said one was taller.... also, do shocks matter where they go?

WrnglrJL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
LEO
Hey, I just got some rubi take offs and was going to do this myself (most likely) and wanted to know if u knew the parts number for each each spring since u said one was taller.... also, do shocks matter where they go?
Rubicon spring part numbers:
Rear Passenger 68253591AA
Rear Driver 68253590AA
Front Driver 68253659AB
Front Passenger 68253660AB

You may have different rear part numbers but the passenger side is higher than the driver side by 1 number both front and back.

Front Shocks Part Number: 68330209AA
Rear Shocks Part Number: 68330210AA

Info was given to my by the OP, thanks to him

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Rubicon spring part numbers:
Rear Passenger 68253591AA
Rear Driver 68253590AA
Front Driver 68253659AB
Front Passenger 68253660AB

You may have different rear part numbers but the passenger side is higher than the driver side by 1 number both front and back.

Front Shocks Part Number: 68330209AA
Rear Shocks Part Number: 68330210AA

Info was given to my by the OP, thanks to him
Thank you! Both of you

Sponsored

Lookthermo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL) Eco Diesel
I just wanted to jump in here with another question about the Rubicon spring part numbers. RubiTrux has the following part numbers listed on their website.

Front Springs Part Numbers: 68253659AB, 68253661AB
Rear Springs Part Numbers: 68253590AA, 68253591AA

I was looking on www.moparstore.com for part numbers. I found all the springs with the same part numbers with the exception of the front springs. Those numbers vary by a letter. Instead of AB at the end Mopar has AC at the end. I was hoping that someone with a little more knowledge with Mopar part numbers can tell me if these are the correct springs. The part numbers that end with AB couldn't be located on the Mopar store website.

Front Springs Part Numbers: 68253659AC, 68253661AC

BlackSaharaJLU

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sahara JLU (hers) '15 Silverado LT (mine)
Does anyone know why the the Rubicon front springs have two steps between them (59 and 61) and the Sports and Saharas have only one step (57 and 58)?

BlackSaharaJLU

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just wanted to jump in here with another question about the Rubicon spring part numbers. RubiTrux has the following part numbers listed on their website.

Front Springs Part Numbers: 68253659AB, 68253661AB

I was looking on www.moparstore.com for part numbers. I found all the springs with the same part numbers with the exception of the front springs. Those numbers vary by a letter. Instead of AB at the end Mopar has AC at the end. I was hoping that someone with a little more knowledge with Mopar part numbers can tell me if these are the correct springs. The part numbers that end with AB couldn't be located on the Mopar store website.

Front Springs Part Numbers: 68253659AC, 68253661AC
The AC spring superseded the AB spring so you will be fine with either.

Last edited:

WrnglrJL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
LEO
A5D15AE3-810B-4C20-99B5-E19C3D841F79.jpeg
So I did the RC 2.5 lift in addition to the rubicon suspension and got rubicon wheels and tires. Love the ride so far and is the perfect height for 33’s. Also did the EVO MFG control arm relocation bracket.

BlackSaharaJLU

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just put the Rubicon suspension on our Sahara today. All went well but my only tip is to use a few blobs of black RTV silicon on the rear top spring isolators to keep them in place while you swap the springs. Otherwise they will keep falling off or moving around while you are trying to install the new springs.
Sponsored

Last edited: