Rubicon Springs on Sahara

Jofuss3232

First Name
JD
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
For those who are interested. I parked next to a stock Sahara today. I have the rubi shocks and springs (2nd highest spring numbers) 1/2" spacers, and rubi takeoff wheels/tires. Wish it was a better Pic, but it was all I had to work with.

20200119_234004.jpg
Did you change out the LCA's if so where did you get them?
Advertisement

AnnDee4444

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Old post but I wanted to pass along that I asked Benny at Allmoparparts to run a VIN for a steel bumper, ht, tow group, 700cca battery (vs the standard 600cca )Rubicon and it had 61/62 front springs and a 92/97 combo in the rear. The build sheet did show that it had a factory installed storage —> “CMD, “Cargo Group w/Trail Rail System”, which is just for securing loads in the cargo area where the loops are. It’s available as a Mopar part add on. I think it’s odd it’s on the build sheet though and factory installed. I guess it was available for order. Perhaps this is why there is a 92/97 spring combo out back.
Another variable?!

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

Jofuss3232

First Name
JD
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
For those who are interested. I parked next to a stock Sahara today. I have the rubi shocks and springs (2nd highest spring numbers) 1/2" spacers, and rubi takeoff wheels/tires. Wish it was a better Pic, but it was all I had to work with.

20200119_234004.jpg
You don't have any side pics do you. I have rubi take offs from steel bumper, hardtop, tow package and I am running 33's and only plan on running 33's. I am debating if I should order the teraflex 1/2 when I put them on but I don't want the 33's to look too small. Thanks again.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
You don't have any side pics do you. I have rubi take offs from steel bumper, hardtop, tow package and I am running 33's and only plan on running 33's. I am debating if I should order the teraflex 1/2 when I put them on but I don't want the 33's to look too small. Thanks again.
I’ve read a lot about the swap so I may be able to help.

If you stick with 33’s, you only need a 1/2” or more lift to accommodate the new tires if you are keeping the same fenders. It seems the various Rubicon takeoff spring part numbers will provide a minimum .750 to 1.5?” lift. I’m sure a Steel, bumper, HT set would be a solid inch lift by what I’ve read of others’ experiences and measurements here. What’s the part numbers on each of your springs?

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
First picture is Rubi Takeoff's with stock SAHARA suspension

Second picture has Rubi Springs 60/62 front and 90/91 rear with 1/2" teraflex spacers

IMG_5113.JPG

IMG_5142.JPG

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a Sport before and after installing Rubicon suspension + 3/4" Daystar lift.
Rubicon spring numbers are 60/61 front and 91/92 rear. Sock springs were 57/58 and 87/88.
Gained 2-1/4" in back and 2-1/2" up front once settled. You should gain about 1/2" less going from Sahara but end result should be the same.

Before:

before.jpg

After:

after settled.jpg

Jofuss3232

First Name
JD
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
First picture is Rubi Takeoff's with stock SAHARA suspension

Second picture has Rubi Springs 60/62 front and 90/91 rear with 1/2" teraflex spacers

IMG_5113.JPG

IMG_5142.JPG
Guessing you changed out the LCA's as well. Do you have the part number for those? I am finding them on a couple of Mopar sites but they say JL not JLU is there any difference? Sorry new to all of this.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Guessing you changed out the LCA's as well. Do you have the part number for those? I am finding them on a couple of Mopar sites but they say JL not JLU is there any difference? Sorry new to all of this.
No Problem....Here you go....

Part number LCAs.PNG

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Page 13 of this thread I have some before and after side pics, but not from the same location. I definitely don't think it looks too small with the 1/2" teraflex. I've seen that look and I don't like it.

Joshin38

First Name
Josh
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Instagram @sentineljeep
Vehicle Showcase
E20A60D0-BA79-4720-A527-F995813DCA06.jpeg
0CA68D9B-3C72-4235-8C3C-E264B6AF55B9.png
E20A60D0-BA79-4720-A527-F995813DCA06.jpeg
600+ Shipping if anyone is interested. Takeoffs had 12000 miles and the Teraflex spacer kit has about 6000. I could have ran 40’s on my setup but was only running 38’s.

Abuckley1290

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
I have read through this thread and several others on here, which have been very informative. I have a few questions before I go ahead and install everything for my given scenario.. first Jeep, all stock DD JL Sahara w/ hardtop. My goal is to keep OEM wheels tires and to level the approximate 1.5” of rake:

- Factory installed springs: Rear-89,90 Front-58,59
- Rubicon Takeoff’s: Rear- 89,90 Front- 59,60

Considering my Sahara has the same P/N rear springs already installed I would leave those, install rubicon shocks, and the ride height will be exactly the same for the rear?

The front springs only go up 1 number per side which I recall reading somewhere ends up raising the height about 1/2”. Is this what I should expect? I would want to add a 1/2” spacer to remove a little more rake to achieve my level look I want.

Last question. I love the factory ride on Sahara equipment, it’s what made me finally purchase a Jeep on the new redesign. Everywhere I’ve read the ride change is a bit firmer, but not harsh. Could anyone elaborate? Also expect to drop 1/2 highway MPG’s?

Thanks in advance

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
I have read through this thread and several others on here, which have been very informative. I have a few questions before I go ahead and install everything for my given scenario.. first Jeep, all stock DD JL Sahara w/ hardtop. My goal is to keep OEM wheels tires and to level the approximate 1.5” of rake:

- Factory installed springs: Rear-89,90 Front-58,59
- Rubicon Takeoff’s: Rear- 89,90 Front- 59,60

Considering my Sahara has the same P/N rear springs already installed I would leave those, install rubicon shocks, and the ride height will be exactly the same for the rear?

The front springs only go up 1 number per side which I recall reading somewhere ends up raising the height about 1/2”. Is this what I should expect? I would want to add a 1/2” spacer to remove a little more rake to achieve my level look I want.

Last question. I love the factory ride on Sahara equipment, it’s what made me finally purchase a Jeep on the new redesign. Everywhere I’ve read the ride change is a bit firmer, but not harsh. Could anyone elaborate? Also expect to drop 1/2 highway MPG’s?

Thanks in advance
I think your overall summation is about right regarding what lift to expect.
I didn't notice a significant change in overall ride quality w/ my Rubicon swap on our 2dr JL, it is a bit firmer but got used to it so quickly that it really wasn't much at all. I think w/ your 4dr you'll probably notice even less of a change, as my Rubicon swap lifted mine about 1 3/4" overall.

And w/ that subtle lift change you won't have to worry about any LCA changes to correct your caster angle.

Advertisement

Smart Stop Start

Advertisement