jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Made a rookie mistake last night while attempting this swap; got some sway bar links with the Rubi suspension and assumed (since I was doing the front first) that the new larger sway bar links replaced the smaller ones... well no, the seller only included the rears and none of them needed to be changed since they’re the same size between the Sahara & Rubicon. Unfortunately that’s what took the longest time and we never got to the rears last night, so this project is on hold till Saturday and my Jeep is inoperable atm. Hopefully I can swap the stock sway bar links back out without taking anything else off as it’s all torqued back to spec, and then the rears go faster than the fronts. Also hope I didn’t screw anything up permanently as there’s a ton of pressure built up in the sway bar now... good news is so far I’ve got over an inch of lift in the front but I’m sure it will settle once complete!

7137F214-807A-4BEA-A174-71999DF9A7C0.jpeg
Looks like it just tilted the sway bar up. Shouldn't cause any permanent problem from my understanding.
Sponsored

P00lshark5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Hey all , I've read through the whole thread and another similar one, I had a question about buying the new/longer LCA. Would I need to purchase this if I put the rubi take off suspension on? I just bought a set and he gave me his old LCA's with it so I assumed I would not need to buy new ones, if I remember correctly you might need longer ones since the rubi axle is different than a sport or Sahara? Is that the reason ?

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Just completed this swap and am very happy with the results. Kept everything stock on the Sahara and only replaced take-off springs and shocks from a Rubicon. Got anywhere from 1”-1 3/8” lift at all 4 wheels even after driving and putting the hard top back on. Forgot to take a true “before” pic but here’s one that’s close enough. Special thanks to @JLRubiMD

FD: 60AC
FP: 62AC
RD: 90AA
RP: 91AA

88B6D6BA-4D2F-483D-B3E3-3D159196E283.jpeg

6E58368F-40D5-402C-97D3-52CB1B9B7658.jpeg

Last edited:

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Just completed this swap and am very happy with the results. Kept everything stock on the Sahara and only replaced take-off springs and shocks from a Rubicon. Got anywhere from 1”-1 3/8” lift at all 4 wheels even after driving and putting the hard top back on. Forgot to take a true “before” pic but here’s one that’s close enough.ge:
Looks great! Keep us posted on how it drives.

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
275/70R18 (Fun fact- these Falkens are actually slightly larger than stated, actual size is 280/70R18)
Rubicon suspension+0.5 teraflex spacers
Any rubbing at all? Loving this look and will likely follow on my Sahara. However I have the other 18" stock rims (the 5 spoke). I see you kept your stock rims which are also 18". Thinking I can do that same and simply upgrade the tire to the Falkens you got. Did you also do the longer mopar LCA? or strictly the Rubi suspension and the .5 tera spacer.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Any rubbing at all? Loving this look and will likely follow on my Sahara. However I have the other 18" stock rims (the 5 spoke). I see you kept your stock rims which are also 18". Thinking I can do that same and simply upgrade the tire to the Falkens you got. Did you also do the longer mopar LCA? or strictly the Rubi suspension and the .5 tera spacer.
No rubbing whatsoever, I did get the longer Mopar LCAs as well.

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR, Sky One Touch
just picked up some Rubi take off springs and shocks.

Here are the part numbers I ended up with on the springs.
68253659AC
68253660AC
68253590AA
68253591AA

My question is...From reading through this whole thread. I'm not confident in the 3659AC spring being correct. Or I may have just read too many part numbers in a short period of time. And If I also understand. Higher ending part numbers go on the passenger side?

The person that had them did not have the tow package but did have the 3.6.

These are going to go on my Sport S and I currently run 35/1250/20's

Thanks for any feedback.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

68253659AC
68253660AC
68253590AA
68253591AA

My question is...From reading through this whole thread. I'm not confident in the 3659AC spring being correct. Or I may have just read too many part numbers in a short period of time. And If I also understand. Higher ending part numbers go on the passenger side?

Thanks for any feedback.
Those are on the lower side. Mine are 60/61 and 91/92

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are on the lower side. Mine are 60/61 and 91/92
Yeah, Thats what I was thinking. They will still work just not the same as others in the thread. Thanks.

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

68253659AC
68253660AC
68253590AA
68253591AA

Thanks for any feedback.
Literally just picked up the exact same spring numbers. From what I can tell most tend to come with the same front numbers 90, 91 but the rear is where they tend to vary. Please post pics when you are done. Will be doing the same very soon on my 4door JLUS.

Sponsored

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey all , I've read through the whole thread and another similar one, I had a question about buying the new/longer LCA. Would I need to purchase this if I put the rubi take off suspension on? I just bought a set and he gave me his old LCA's with it so I assumed I would not need to buy new ones, if I remember correctly you might need longer ones since the rubi axle is different than a sport or Sahara? Is that the reason ?
From what I can gather you should not need to if you are not changing your tires. I could be wrong but my understanding is that the Mopar Lift LCAs are there to accommodate the increased/heavier tires that they expect you to put on when you lift your vehicle 2.5"-3" inches. For the record all LCAs, from the factory, are the same. So the same LCAs that you have on your stock Sahara are the same LCAs that come on the Sport, Sport S, and Rubicon trims. That is why I think/say what I said above. Otherwise they would have put the Lift kit LCAs on the Rubicon from factory. Hope that helps and makes sense. With that being said, if you are simply installing the Rubi shocks and springs and leaving your stock tires, then no need for the mopar lift kit LCAs. However, if you are installing the Rubi shocks and springs and increasing your stock tires size (to anything bigger then the stock rubi 33"s) then I would suggest going ahead and grabbing the mopar lift kit LCAs.

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Literally just picked up the exact same spring numbers. From what I can tell most tend to come with the same front numbers 90, 91 but the rear is where they tend to vary. Please post pics when you are done. Will be doing the same very soon on my 4door JLUS.
Just got home from putting them on. I am very happy with the turnout. I put on the springs/shocks/LCA's. I measured before and this is what I got. These numbers are from center point of the top of the tire to the lowest edge of the fenders(I have high line rubi fenders)

Rear before 4.3/8 inches
Rear after 6.3/4 inches

Front before 5.1/2 inches
Front after 6.5/8 inches

I will post some pics as soon as I can.

Ride is very nice. Just a hair stiffer then before. I didn't align it yet. I will do that tomorrow.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Just for the record, the 90/91 are the rear. The front are the lower numbers. Both can vary. My rears were 91/92.

From what I can gather you should not need to if you are not changing your tires. I could be wrong but my understanding is that the Mopar Lift LCAs are there to accommodate the increased/heavier tires that they expect you to put on when you lift your vehicle 2.5"-3" inches. .
While there may be some truth to that, the reason most people put them on is to correct caster. Most Saharas and Sports have 5 or 6 caster from the factory while Rubicons have caster around 4.5.
This low caster can cause a wandering feeling in the steering.
Putting the Mopar Lift LCAs on brings caster up closer to 6 where it should be. I believe they improved my steering.

omi205

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just for the record, the 90/91 are the rear. The front are the lower numbers. Both can vary. My rears were 91/92.

While there may be some truth to that, the reason most people put them on is to correct caster. Most Saharas and Sports have 5 or 6 caster from the factory while Rubicons have caster around 4.5.
This low caster can cause a wandering feeling in the steering.
Putting the Mopar Lift LCAs on brings caster up closer to 6 where it should be. I believe they improved my steering.
But if all the trims have the same LCAs from the factory and the casters are different between the trims...then there must be a variable that is causing that caster difference. Either ride height or wheel size. Considering the rubicon is elevated and comes with larger 33" tires from the factory then these must be the cause of the caster difference. Right?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
But if all the trims have the same LCAs from the factory and the casters are different between the trims...then there must be a variable that is causing that caster difference. Either ride height or wheel size. Considering the rubicon is elevated and comes with larger 33" tires from the factory then these must be the cause of the caster difference. Right?
Rubicon has taller springs.
Sponsored