MTKMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4xe, 21 Range Rover HSE,
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking to buy some Rubicon suspension takes offs for my Sport JLU. Has anyone found a tutorial I can review on how to do the swap? I'm looking to learn how to do all my own work.

How much of someone's kit do I need? Some I see have more parts than others. I'm looking to compensate for the added weight in steel from my bumpers and security enclosures. I'm also lugging heavy gear. I've read Rubicon springs help compensate for the weight. True?
True, others on here have netted around 1.5 inches of lift with the same thing you’re going to do. All you need are springs and the shocks.
Sponsored

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
B605ED9B-4542-443F-B363-831952EA0059.jpeg
I added the rubicon takeoff suspension from a 4 door hard top to my soft top sport. I’ve also added weight from steel bumpers, rock rails and a winch. Gained a little over 2 inches with the suspension but don’t know what I lost with the add ons as they were done first and I hadn’t measured it when new.
My question now is whether I will have a driveshaft issue? I ask because the Mopar 2 1/2 lift comes with a different driveshaft.
Were your Rubi takeoffs from a 4 or 2 door? Do they use different springs and shocks for the two models?

orbj

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK Willys / 2018 JLU Sahara
I'm looking to buy some Rubicon suspension takes offs for my Sport JLU. Has anyone found a tutorial I can review on how to do the swap? I'm looking to learn how to do all my own work.

How much of someone's kit do I need? Some I see have more parts than others. I'm looking to compensate for the added weight in steel from my bumpers and security enclosures. I'm also lugging heavy gear. I've read Rubicon springs help compensate for the weight. True?
Check out this link:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/daystar-2-lift-install-and-review-on-jl-sahara.19774

Pretty helpful when I installed Rubi shocks and springs on my wife's JLU Sahara. Only thing I can add is when unbolting one end of the rear trackbar the driver's side was easier. Pretty smooth install. Bought the take offs from Rubitrux.

LaunchMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 2 Dr.
Were your Rubi takeoffs from a 4 or 2 door? Do they use different springs and shocks for the two models?
They came from a 4 door with a hardtop but I don't know about other options. From reading other posts it appears the shocks are the same but the springs differ based on the weight of the donor vehicle. So a 4 door hardtop that came with steel bumpers will be one end of the spectrum and a 2 door soft top with plastic bumpers would be at the other.

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the rubicon springs and shocks today, went well. Took about 3 hrs. It looks like a totally different Jeep now. I didn’t change out the control arms because they measured the same as the ones that were on there. I did notice the part #s were different though. Didn’t feel much different driving it other that it sits a little higher and rides a little stiffer. Hopefully I didn’t mess up by not Changing those control arms.
Did you need to add long sway links?

Sponsored

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
They are they same length, so not needed.
I've had this Rubi kit sittin in my garage for a while now, and I thought about just pulling the trigger on a body lift, but I think I'll just run the Rubi stuff now and upgrade later. I still have analysis paralysis with lift kits anyway.

Bryanmx319

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ sport 2018 JLU Rubicon
I have a JLU Rubicon and my son just bought a JKU Sport. Can he use my Rubicon springs?? Will it still be 1.5 " lift or more... I know the shocks won't work.

Sponsored

Bryanmx319

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ sport 2018 JLU Rubicon
Why wouldn't the shocks work?
I raced to put a three and a half inch teraflex lift with shocks and 37-in tires on it for Jeep Beach last year and missed ordered shocks for a JK they won't work different style all together

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Rear springs are totally different between JK and JL, front springs would work but with a JL being so much lighter than a JK, I'm not sure they'd generate much lift. Shocks are different all around, no shot on those.
Sponsored