Sponsored

Rubicon -> Sport axle swap. Blinking locker light? Switches for lockers?

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Hello all!

im helping a friend prepare to swap in a rubicon axle set to her sport. Complete aftermarket suspension and steering setup going in as well. i see the BLinking locker light problem is pretty common. If that sensor goes bad which causes a light on a factory rubicon but the locker itself doesn’t fail, will it still work or is that light an indicator of the lockers refusal to lock?

also, what type of switches work with turning these on an off? I’m assuming they have a specific voltage ?
thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Hello all!

im helping a friend prepare to swap in a rubicon axle set to her sport. Complete aftermarket suspension and steering setup going in as well. i see the. Linking locker light problem is pretty common. If that sensor goes back but the locker itself doesn’t fail, will it still work or is that light an indicator of the lockers refusal to lock?

also, what type of switches work with turning these on an off?
thanks
Bypass the computer and wire the lockers to Aux switches or to another seperate switch.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/billet-stallion-sport-s-rubi-axle-t-case-swap.19973/

OP
OP
SolarWizard

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Bypass the computer and wire the lockers to Aux switches or to another seperate switch.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/billet-stallion-sport-s-rubi-axle-t-case-swap.19973/
I saw that one. I’m just curious about the blinking locker light. If whatever causes that light within the housing happens to swapped in axles, will it prevent locker operation? Definitely not going to butcher the harness just to not have the option to lock front only

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I saw that one. I’m just curious about the blinking locker light. If whatever causes that light within the housing happens to swapped in axles, will it prevent locker operation? Definitely not going to butcher the harness just to not have the option to lock front only
My point is...you bypass the computer with the locker wiring to a seperate switch so there isn't a locker sensor wired to the computer. As a result, it's not possible to display a blinking locker light.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
You're putting Rubicon axles on a Sport? Well, just an FYI, the Sport doesn't have lockers, so there are no locker lights to come on. This is a complete non issue. All you have to do is apply power to the locker. You're not going to be using the sensor signal at all - heck, you're not likely to be connecting the sensors, since there is no circuitry in the Sport to even connect them to. You can completely remove the sensors.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SolarWizard

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
You're putting Rubicon axles on a Sport? Well, just an FYI, the Sport doesn't have lockers, so there are no locker lights to come on. This is a complete non issue. All you have to do is apply power to the locker. You're not going to be using the sensor signal at all - heck, you're not likely to be connecting the sensors, since there is no circuitry in the Sport to even connect them to. You can completely remove the sensors.

so that problem is exclusively a dash light problem and won’t interfere with the locker. Is it just a 12 volt power source to activate

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
so that problem is exclusively a dash light problem and won’t interfere with the locker. Is it just a 12 volt power source to activate
Yes, when the sensor goes bad, it sends the wrong signal to the system, causing the light to come on and stay on, along with other lights and restrictions (Rubicon sway bar control). There are a few options to get a premade harness for the Rubicon axle. Just power and ground is all you need to activate the locker.

I didn't confirm it, but I think this is the harness you can use (one per axle). https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/Jee...rzKjaLKGmg8TGrmTqgzDPVuvWEwMT7-AaAlWdEALw_wcB

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I've gone down the road you are going and can answer any questions, just PM me for my number.
You won't get any flashing dash lights since ONLY the Rubicons have the lockers wired into the locker module of the Jeep. ALL the stuff you are reading on the other threads are for Rubicons only.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, when the sensor goes bad, it sends the wrong signal to the system, causing the light to come on and stay on, along with other lights and restrictions (Rubicon sway bar control). There are a few options to get a premade harness for the Rubicon axle. Just power and ground is all you need to activate the locker.

I didn't confirm it, but I think this is the harness you can use (one per axle). https://www.moparpartsinc.com/p/Jee...rzKjaLKGmg8TGrmTqgzDPVuvWEwMT7-AaAlWdEALw_wcB
That's the correct harness.

JLife

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Has anyone been able to obtain just the clip that plugs into the lockers on axles? roughly $150 for two mopar harnesses seems a bit ridiculous when all you really need is the clip with maybe a few inches of wire... the rest of the wire and loom is extremely cheap and easy to come by but I havent seen just the clip end available anywhere. If anyone knows wher I could get 2 clips either new or used that would be great.

Sponsored

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I just got a set of 392 Rubicon takeoff axles and he threw in the factory locker switch. I already have the factory wiring harness for the front and rear. Can the factory switch be used? I have a Tazer mini and the owner of the axles said I should just be able to flash it with the tazer to get the factory switch to work. Any help would be appreciated. Especially if I can save 2-300 bucks on the Voswitch or the Last Switch options. Thanks!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a set of 392 Rubicon takeoff axles and he threw in the factory locker switch. I already have the factory wiring harness for the front and rear. Can the factory switch be used? I have a Tazer mini and the owner of the axles said I should just be able to flash it with the tazer to get the factory switch to work. Any help would be appreciated. Especially if I can save 2-300 bucks on the Voswitch or the Last Switch options. Thanks!
I would be shocked if you could get the factory switches to work as if they came from the factory. Now maybe you could still use the switch and maybe hack it to become like a regular switch. But trying to get the Jeep to recognize it will be difficult I think.

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I would be shocked if you could get the factory switches to work as if they came from the factory. Now maybe you could still use the switch and maybe hack it to become like a regular switch. But trying to get the Jeep to recognize it will be difficult I think.

My thoughts as well, I’m going to get the Lasfit one I think, they have a 20% off coupon right now. I think it’s a better route especially since I want to add aux switches anyway
Sponsored