First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
A funny thing happened today, I may be imagining this but here is what happened.
I was out running errands in our 21 JLR, Sarge Green and in a parking lot intersection 3 Jeeps came to a T at the same time (Me and two others) I was the vertical part of the T, the other Jeep’s were the two sides of the top.
My Jeep was the only Rubicon.
The other drivers all remained motionless and waved me through as they watched.
I felt like royalty for a moment and waved to them. In Hawaii we wave whats called a 🤙🏻 Shaka.
I know, it’s snobbery but at least I imagined they were waving me through because of the JLR.
Sponsored

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 JLR
A funny thing happened today, I may be imagining this but here is what happened.
I was out running errands in our 21 JLR, Sarge Green and in a parking lot intersection 3 Jeeps came to a T at the same time (Me and two others) I was the vertical part of the T, the other Jeep’s were the two sides of the top.
I felt like royalty for a moment and waved to them. In Hawaii we wave whats called a 🤙🏻 Shaka.
I know, it’s snobbery but at least I imagined they were waving me through because of the JLR.
How long have you been in hawaii? You haven't experienced a traffic jam caused by people trying to wave each other through an intersection yet? Haha

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Interesting way to look at it. For me, whenever a G63 passes by me I feel like they look at my Jeep in disgust. My Sahara is about 10K more than a stock JLUR starting msrp. Hopefully this post was a joke.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I still don’t get the “snobbery” part. They waved you through, somebody had to go first. ???
Yea it sounds to me like you’re imagining this. Here in NYC the minute you think you’re royalty they’ll step on your bumper and walk over your hood.

JLmidwest

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys
Yes, it sounds like you're suffering from an acute case of rubicon snobbery. Don't worry though. Once you start to see Hemi Rubicons cruising the streets people will pay less attention to you and you're ego will deflate to normal levels. Then the snobbery will subside.😁

Sponsored

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Meh. Mildly presumptive at best.

It’s hard to imagine I know, but some people who own and drive jeeps just think of it as a vehicle and do not buy into the “Jeep Thing”.

Dont over think it, it takes all kinds to make this world.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Not getting the whole "Snobbery" point. It just sounds like people were just being polite. It's like that in my neighborhood too. 4 people at an intersection, everyone trying to wave the others through, at the same time. Mass confusion. Then they all try to go at once. Kind of funny.

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Rubicon, Sahara, Willys, Sport, JL, JK, TJ, YJ, CJ....If it’s a head turner, I’ll wave someone through just to take a look to see what’s been done to it. Couldn’t care less the model or edition.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
Were the other two Wranglers JK's or JL's or were they JKU's or JLU's?

If they were the 4 door, maybe they figured it would take you less time to get through the intersection?

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Cool to be under the bright lights for a moment. Hold your nose up high and breathe in the pride of the Rubicon. ...at least for a moment. Once your feet get back on the ground, and the reality that a Jeep is a blue collar vehicle hits you like a pie in the eye, take in the pride that blue collar is cool. Even a lot of Hollywood types want to be like real people. 🤙

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I feel like top dog out there in my Rubicon till I see a CJ, suddenly I feel like a poser then...
I haven't caught the bug to either "overland" or rock crawl. I equate it to boots. I bought some Mil spec boots, because they offered the best ankle support and weight benefit for my uses and physical needs of many boots I've tried. Buying the boots didn't mean I am inclined to grab an M4 and chase bad guys in the mountains of Afghanistan. I bought a Rubicon because 1) I could, 2)I believe that it would be more capable than situations I was likely to get into while hunting with my dogs and friends. I am getting old and digging out is a young man's sport. I want lots of margin in the capability vs where I go.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I feel like top dog out there in my Rubicon till I see a CJ, suddenly I feel like a poser then...
Wish they never would have named these things Wranglers, I'll never say I have a "Wrangler", I'll say I have a 2dr Jeep, or had a couple CJs. Now I WOULD say I have a Rubicon however :)
Rubicon says Jeep, CJs say Jeep, Wrangler says some old beater pickup used to do some Wranglin' lol. At least IMO
Sponsored