Rubicon Shocks

JRRE

First Name
Robert Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Purchased my first Jeep JL early January 2021 and up to now enjoy it so much! As soon as drove off the lot, I had these ideas of the lift, wheels, tires, etc... I wanted - until I found this forum. So many choices, it's endless UGH!!!

Last Friday I was coming back from taking my mother to the doctor and saw a 4WheelsPart location. Walked and talked to the salesman briefly regarding wheels and lifts... told him that I am not certain what lift I wanted yet, but for the moment opted to go with the Rough Country (lift kit/Spacer). He said that's cool. He said if possible, he recommended to me to get the Rubicon Shocks and would make a world of difference to my vehicle. He said On offerup and ebay they should be going somewhere in the vicinity of $200.00

My question, the rubicon shocks are not the fox shocks he's referring to? (I don't think so).

Can someone post a picture of the rubicon shocks? I've seen some online and these are the ones I found. posted picture.

Thanks for your time

rubicon shocks.jpg
Sponsored

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon Mojito
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased my first Jeep JL early January 2021 and up to now enjoy it so much! As soon as drove off the lot, I had these ideas of the lift, wheels, tires, etc... I wanted - until I found this forum. So many choices, it's endless UGH!!!

Last Friday I was coming back from taking my mother to the doctor and saw a 4WheelsPart location. Walked and talked to the salesman briefly regarding wheels and lifts... told him that I am not certain what lift I wanted yet, but for the moment opted to go with the Rough Country (lift kit/Spacer). He said that's cool. He said if possible, he recommended to me to get the Rubicon Shocks and would make a world of difference to my vehicle. He said On offerup and ebay they should be going somewhere in the vicinity of $200.00

My question, the rubicon shocks are not the fox shocks he's referring to? (I don't think so).

Can someone post a picture of the rubicon shocks? I've seen some online and these are the ones I found. posted picture.

Thanks for your time

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Shocks rubicon shocks
Personally I would not waste time getting the red rubicon shocks they are under damped for the vehicle for sure. I would get the small fox monotubes that come on the Gladiator and JL Rubis now at the least if you just have to have shocks....I used shock extensions with stock shocks for a couple years and just saved for some really nice Falcons, Icons or Fox 2.0s...I would personally just wait and save use your shock extensions man!

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
The picture you posted looks like Rubicon take-offs. They definitely are more beefy than the ones from a Sport or Sahara and if they are not too used, they are a good value. As for price, it varies by region and perhaps by the fact that many shocks (like Fox) were in a severe backorder.

Personally, I agree with gotcha, in that you may find some aftermarket ones that are a little better (and worth the extra costs).

OP
OP
JRRE

JRRE

First Name
Robert Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Personally I would not waste time getting the red rubicon shocks they are under damped for the vehicle for sure. I would get the small fox monotubes that come on the Gladiator and JL Rubis now at the least if you just have to have shocks....I used shock extensions with stock shocks for a couple years and just saved for some really nice Falcons, Icons or Fox 2.0s...I would personally just wait and save use your shock extensions man!
Great, appreciate the insight. Thank you!

OP
OP
JRRE

JRRE

First Name
Robert Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
The picture you posted looks like Rubicon take-offs. They definitely are more beefy than the ones from a Sport or Sahara and if they are not too used, they are a good value. As for price, it varies by region and perhaps by the fact that many shocks (like Fox) were in a severe backorder.

Personally, I agree with gotcha, in that you may find some aftermarket ones that are a little better (and worth the extra costs).
Appreciate the info. Will look for better ones. Thank you!
Sponsored