Rubicon shock swap

Wwsowell

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport Sting Gray
Hey guys quick question. I have a 2018 JLU Sport S with teraflex 1.5" level. About to get 2020 JLU Rubicon shocks and springs on the cheap. Any issues swapping shocks and springs to the Rubicons and leaving the 1.5" level? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hey guys quick question. I have a 2018 JLU Sport S with teraflex 1.5" level. About to get 2020 JLU Rubicon shocks and springs on the cheap. Any issues swapping shocks and springs to the Rubicons and leaving the 1.5" level? Thanks in advance!
Only real issue is your caster will be quite low, want at least the slightly longer Mopar LCAs to get caster up, and might consider an adjustable LCA to get it closer to 6 degrees.

OP
OP
Wwsowell

Wwsowell

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport Sting Gray
Only real issue is your caster will be quite low, want at least the slightly longer Mopar LCAs to get caster up, and might consider an adjustable LCA to get it closer to 6 degrees.
Thanks for the info. I found the longer LCAs for about $30/each. Plan is to wait a couple months, then buy 33's and put shocks/springs/LCAs/tires on all at once, get an alignment and that'll be it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks for the info. I found the longer LCAs for about $30/each. Plan is to wait a couple months, then buy 33's and put shocks/springs/LCAs/tires on all at once, get an alignment and that'll be it.
Sounds like a solid plan, post pics after your install :)

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Might as well get adjustable LCAs as long as you're replacing them - if you can afford it. Then you can dial in exactly what you want. If money is an object, or if you want to keep things looking stock with Mopar parts, you should be fine.
Sponsored