Sponsored

Rubicon seat-back molle panel slipping down.

blue89bird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
whats wrong with them? Look fine, just popped out. The little fingers on the back can be bent out to grab better and pushed right back where the came from. Unless you mean the screws stripped out, in which case I don't see why you couldn't use a slightly larger screw
Sponsored

s6275

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Rubicon 2-door
whats wrong with them? Look fine, just popped out. The little fingers on the back can be bent out to grab better and pushed right back where the came from. Unless you mean the screws stripped out, in which case I don't see why you couldn't use a slightly larger screw
I don't quite know how to put this...but you're wrong. They are brittle, hardened spring steel, and squashed/ splayed and won't fit in their position on the seat frame.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Mine have been slipping down since the tech replaced a broken part on the lift slide forward seat thingy on both seats. Now both set backs slide down. Going to make a appointment for repair/replacement. I have never put any bags on it as I do not believe they are engineered for this.

blue89bird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
I don't quite know how to put this...but you're wrong. They are brittle, hardened spring steel, and squashed/ splayed and won't fit in their position on the seat frame.
i dunno what to tell you. I had mine out this week doing my Katzkin install. They’re pretty easy to bend to have more clamping force.

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I’m resurfacing this old thread to see if any of you have come up with an effective solution to reinforce the Molle panels, so they can carry what they were supposed to be able to carry? (I installed the Mopar attachments. I had my winch controller, soft shackles, and hitch pin on one side, and the small first aid kid and gloves on the other. Maybe two pounds on each side. Both failed quickly. The clips are weak and useless.) Any strong fixes.? Ideally, I’d like to be able to carry five or six pounds on each side.

s6275

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Rubicon 2-door
The replacement clips are NOT the same as what shipped (at least in 2018). Maybe give those a shot,

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Just had one of mine replaced under warranty. The clips broke. Never used them. When they replaced the seat back flip latches I believe the dealer broke them due to incompetence. They will probably later on have to replace the other one. Also replaced the passenger sun visor and ordered the rear lift gate because the defroster wire came loose. The quality Control at cdjr is definitely the worst I have ever experienced in the 12 or 15 jeeps I have owned. no more. I do enjoy and like the new jeep it's just unreal that you basically have to be at the mercy of the company due to their incompetence whether intentional or not. I never had these kind of quality issues or terrible attitude of a car company in my life. I think maybe the days of dealerships are on the way out. Maybe more on line purchases like carvana and purchase a warranty from a private company then choose your on Mechanic. I don't really know what the answer is or the future, but dealerships seem to cutting their on throat.

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I love MOLLE. The real stuff they issue in the military and law enforcement — the kind you can hang from or actually use to store stuff. Does anybody have experience with the replacement panels that mount on the back of the seat and are secure?

Atticaz

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara
Yes, you have a broken plastic retaining clip that is molded into the seatback panel. You’ll need the dealer to order a replacement back panel for you (under warranty). I’ve had one on order for several weeks now, so suspect the are on backorder.
Question what do these clip to? Are they just a push on type of clip?
Sponsored