Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I may be a little premature posting this as I am still building some prototypes, but they look like they are going to turn out pretty damn cool (admittedly I may bias)
I was never happy with the Mopar bags or any of the Amazon Molle Bags on the back of my JLUR seats. So I decided to build my own version and test the waters to see if others may be interested.
Major issues I had with other bags were the backings were not reinforced, limited adjustability, sizes and I wanted them to be able them to be easily removeable.
It may be hard to picture but the outer adjustable "frame" will be black leather with red or black accent stitching. The inner removable bag which will go inside the frame will be red or black 10 oz. waxed canvas with a roll top and paracord drawstring... red canvas on order
I can not give you exact dimensions but they are quite large … almost 4 square feel of leather on the frame alone. You should be able to adjust it to fit anything from a laptop to a few bottles of No. 7 …
Hopefully I will be able to get a finished one later in the week to post a pic .. still making some adjustments to the patterns … ugh...
Be interesting to l see if how close the picture in your mind is the finished product. … stay tuned
Sponsored

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
This sounds like something I would be interested in. Keep us posted

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Following! Very interested in how these turn out.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Here is a couple of pics of the prototype. Keep in mind it is still a prototype so don't be to critical of the quality (scrap leather and a couple of screwed up stitches) The back plate of the frame is 2 layers of leather for stiffness and then I use both the plastic hooks on the seat back and snaps on the Molle webbing to mount. Very secure but easy to attach/detach. The waxed canvas bag is a removable and a roll top/drawstring. Still have a couple of tweaks to do to the design. Insights and critique are welcome and appreciated

JLR SB Bag Mounted.jpg

JLR SB Bg Snaps.jpg

JLR Seat Back Bag Proto.jpg

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I like it, but would prefer easier access to inside.

Sponsored

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
Can you lose the horizontal strap and still keep the sack secured? It’s too busy looking (and probably in practice) for my tastes but like the idea of a good quality leather bags.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Can you lose the horizontal strap and still keep the sack secured? It’s too busy looking (and probably in practice) for my tastes but like the idea of a good quality leather bags.
It will need the horizontal strap, but I am not set on it having a buckle of adjustment in this area. Considering just having an attached strap on the sides (if that makes sense)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.