Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and Overland JL Wranglers Spotted in Multiple Colors

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Itā€™s a special more luxurious trim for the Sahara model (hence the leather stitched dash trim in the pics). Itā€™s supposed to be export only.
BTW, the Overland model isn't new. The JK has an export-only Overland too.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone confirm that the rotating pictures in the top banner of the forum are the colors that will be offered? I think I'm going to hold out for "Ocean Metallic", but the blue pictured looks very much like a true Royal blue. I preferred the lighter Hydro blue. Also, the Gray in the new photos doesn't seem to be Granite Crystal or Silver Billet. What color is it?

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
Can anyone confirm that the rotating pictures in the top banner of the forum are the colors that will be offered? I think I'm going to hold out for "Ocean Metallic", but the blue pictured looks very much like a true Royal blue. I preferred the lighter Hydro blue. Also, the Gray in the new photos doesn't seem to be Granite Crystal or Silver Billet. What color is it?
Those are this siteā€™s renders. Theyā€™re all posted here along with their colors http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...unkn-ocean-blue-sting-gray-with-renders.1625/

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Admins can you confirm that there wonā€™t be some entry level off road package for the Sport? Also confirm there wonā€™t be LEDs on the Sport? Because if thatā€™s the case, Iā€™m making the decision to NOT go JL..
LED lighting package is an option ($595) for 2018 Sport JK/U so I imagine it will at least be offered as option on 2018 Sport JL/U also or maybe combined with some other package. Doubt it will be standard on Sport.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I am getting confused. So, the classy leather and stitched dash is exclusive to the export-only Overland model?

The US models get either painted silver or painted red?

:facepalm:
Well, I hate to break it to you cousin, but you and yours were always consider by many to be a bit.. how to put this... boorish, and so the thinking was you wouldnā€™t appreciate these finer touches. :movember:

;)

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Wrangler Sahara Overland Unlimited (Exterior & Interior) - Export-Only model

Content Includes:
  • Rear Fog Lamps
Iā€™m hoping that the Rear Fog lights will be a Mopar option for N.Am. Wranglers, as I thought that feature was brilliant.. literally.. while driving in Europe, and would love them here for all the fog and blizzards my Wrangler sees.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
LED lighting package is an option ($595) for 2018 Sport JK/U so I imagine it will at least be offered as option on 2018 Sport JL/U also or maybe combined with some other package. Doubt it will be standard on Sport.
Based on what has been posted so far for JLU LED package is an option on Rubicon and Sahara and not available on Sport.

On JKU it is standard on Rubicon and Sahara and option on Sport.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That's the Overland interior? Why does it look like a rental car?

So those awesome interiors we had been seeing are a Rubicon? Why does Rubicon get nicer interior than Overland? Seems very backward.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
On a positive note the front bumper mount ing points looks like the JK or could be adapted for JK bumpers. Hopefully they are spaced the same and use the same size bolts to attach.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a positive note the front bumper mount ing points looks like the JK or could be adapted for JK bumpers. Hopefully they are spaced the same and use the same size bolts to attach.
And if not, possibly a ā€˜relocationā€™ bracket or adapter... although not sure the lgeality of such things (probably frowned upon)?

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
That's the Overland interior? Why does it look like a rental car?

So those awesome interiors we had been seeing are a Rubicon? Why does Rubicon get nicer interior than Overland? Seems very backward.
I actually think the Overland interior is nicer then the previously shown Rubicon, there is just no way plastic can compare to leather, it always seems cheap. Granted, in the picture shown its all black on black so i agree it does seem kind of dull, but I think a lighter color (tan, brown) leather will be amazing. Also, take into consideration this one has the smaller uconnect screen.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I like the billet silver one minus the ugly export bumper and black grille. I don't like the plastic hood vents but I'm eventually getting a Sport so I won't have to worry about it.
Sponsored