Sponsored

Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and Overland JL Wranglers Spotted in Multiple Colors

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
Overland dash looks great fully covered in leather, much more upscale then the inserts in the Rubicon in my opinion. Also seems like the overland has the select-trac option if you look closely at the shift pattern.
Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
The soft top window aligns much better on the black 2 door above so maybe this is pre-production on the 4 door.
Nope. Look at Rubicons that were test driven in NZ. Same thing with the 4 door’s soft top.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Keep in mind these are preproduction testers also, so the fit and finish may not be exactly what we see on production models.
Really wish they had some sort of an aggressive look like the Rubicons do

Sponsored

Maxwellfish

First Name
Maxwellfish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Anyone care to diagnose the Sahara wheels... I see three different examples on non export models. ( I think)

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
I am getting confused. So, the classy leather and stitched dash is exclusive to the export-only Overland model?

The US models get either painted silver or painted red?

:facepalm:
This^...what gives? Is the Overland model only for exports or will it be an option trim level in the US as well.

freegld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Glad to see no hood vents on the Sahara/Overland. I always thought the vents would look too aggressive for the Sahara

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Admins can you confirm that there won’t be some entry level off road package for the Sport? Also confirm there won’t be LEDs on the Sport? Because if that’s the case, I’m making the decision to NOT go JL..

Sponsored

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
I am getting confused. So, the classy leather and stitched dash is exclusive to the export-only Overland model?

The US models get either painted silver or painted red?

:facepalm:
Homepage says export only for the Overland. Makes sense too since the two Overland Wranglers spotted so far have had euro bumpers.

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
What does overland mean?
It’s a special more luxurious trim for the Sahara model (hence the leather stitched dash trim in the pics). It’s supposed to be export only. Here was what the admin posted about it earlier -
http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...ll-new-2018-sahara-overland-jl-wrangler.1236/

We have learned that Jeep will be offering a new model -- 2018 Sahara Overland JL -- for export only(at least for now). Some countries that we have verified will receive the Overland model include Italy, Germany and Russia -- there may be others.

The 2018 Sahara Overland JL includes:
  • Overland Badge
  • Bright grille
  • No bodyside molding
  • Black/Bright mirror molding
  • Delete front tow hooks
  • Hard Spare Tire Cover
  • Mopar High Headliner
  • Exterior Spotter Mirrors
  • Tubular Side Steps
  • Black Front Frame Overlay
  • Injection Molded Black Rear Bumper
  • Easy Access Driver Seat
  • Easy Access Passenger Seat
  • Driver Height Adjuster Seat
  • Manual 6-Way Driver Seat
  • Reclining Front Seats
  • Premium Wrapped I/P Bezels
  • Manual 2-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust
  • Black Door Handles
  • Rear Fog Lamps
  • Heavy Duty Suspension w/Gas Shocks
  • Bright Interior Accents
  • Luxury Group
  • 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
  • 255/70R18 All Season Tires

The "Luxury Group" does not specify what is included and may be a combination of items listed above, or other features not mentioned. For reference, on the Jeep Grand Cherokee the "Luxury Group II" includes a sunroof, 9-speaker premium audio, 8.4" UConnect screen, ventilated front seats, HID headlights, etc.

Of course, we don't expect to see that level of upscale-ness but it could have a few surprises that we'll be keeping a close eye on for potential future JL options for North America.

Also for export only, there is listed a Gooseneck hitch option on the JL Sahara and Rubicon for Italy, Germany, Russia and the UK. A strange option to see given that gooseneck hitches are typically anchored through the bed of a pickup truck.

We'll provide updates if we see any more details on these models/features.