Rubicon Sahara or Sport 3.0

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
I'm going to order one of these 3.0 diesels. I need some advice. If I'm going to add bigger wheels, tires, add a 2 1/2 lift kit and new front and rear bumpers immediately when it comes in what would you buy? If it's the more expensive Rubicon why? Also if I order a Rubicon or Sahara can I order it without the decal on the hood? I don't really like how it looks.
Sponsored

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
This is an oft-debated topic regardless of the powerplant. Many people who have built Sports regret not going the Rubicon route first as it's sometimes cheaper in the long run. Others don't need/want lockers and swaybar disconnects and end up saving money on a Sport, or they wish to get really serious with Dana 60 axles, air lockers, etc. so the bits that make a Rubicon a Rubicon would get removed anyway.

My two cents: if you're going to build a Sport into a Rubicon clone, just go with a Rubicon. If you're going to build it to be much less or much more than a Rubicon, it depends on many things.

You can remove the Rubicon decal if you so chose.

OP
OP

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
This is an oft-debated topic regardless of the powerplant. Many people who have built Sports regret not going the Rubicon route first as it's sometimes cheaper in the long run. Others don't need/want lockers and swaybar disconnects and end up saving money on a Sport, or they wish to get really serious with Dana 60 axles, air lockers, etc. so the bits that make a Rubicon a Rubicon would get removed anyway.

My two cents: if you're going to build a Sport into a Rubicon clone, just go with a Rubicon. If you're going to build it to be much less or much more than a Rubicon, it depends on many things.

You can remove the Rubicon decal if you so chose.
solid answer. Thanks

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Does the diesel Sport come with the HD brakes? If not, you should at least go Willys or Altitude for the big brakes. The diesel is heavy, and chances are you'd be adding a bunch of weight in accessories as well.

You don't need lockers in Mississippi; I actually prefer an LSD over lockers for mud (which is what you have in MS).

Sponsored

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So the Sport is coming with the diesel?

I thought only the Sahara got the option?

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
So the Sport is coming with the diesel?

I thought only the Sahara got the option?
The diesel is available on all three models: Sport, Sahara, and Rubicon.
Sponsored