Sponsored

Rubicon rims/tires on my 2019 Sahara

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
How did the spare tire carrier/bumper deal work out? I know the Rubicon comes with a tire carrier that sticks out a bit more.
Sponsored

Awickedbeast

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara Unlimited High Altitude
Occupation
Factory Mechanic
How did the spare tire carrier/bumper deal work out? I know the Rubicon comes with a tire carrier that sticks out a bit more.
I made no modifications to the factory Sahara tire carrier. The rubicon tire/wheel fit on there with no problems.

008587EE-3DD4-4951-A6FD-910BC9265DF5.jpeg

Awickedbeast

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara Unlimited High Altitude
Occupation
Factory Mechanic
Here’s the rubicon tire/wheel on the same carrier

72509E1E-824F-4EFC-814B-D2B5C63CB957.jpeg

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

The newer Rubicon wheel on mine fits perfectly on the spare tire carrier with no adjustments. However, I've noticed that it rubs ever so slightly on the rear bumper, probably from movement when bouncing down the road.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon rims/tires on my 2019 Sahara IMG_7292 (1)

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force

Sponsored

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
I used the sensors that were in the rubicon wheels/tires.
i drove it out of the driveway and the sensors were acknowledged by the Jeep and I adjusted the tire pressure to 35 psi. No problems so far.
If you were to put your stock tires back on for whatever reason after you had the Rubicon TPMS paired on your vehicle, would your original TPMS sensors pair back up again, or do you need a pairing tool?

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
New 2018 Sahara owner considering Rubicon wheels, tires. If I were to purchase a set with TPMS sensors, is installation as easy as dropping off my truck at any local tire store? Also, crazy question, but can a set of Rubicon tires fit on the back of a Sahara? Would I need to first remove my spare and mount one? Finally, what's a fair price for a set of 2020 Rubicon tires/wheels with sensors?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
New 2018 Sahara owner considering Rubicon wheels, tires. If I were to purchase a set with TPMS sensors, is installation as easy as dropping off my truck at any local tire store? Also, crazy question, but can a set of Rubicon tires fit on the back of a Sahara? Would I need to first remove my spare and mount one? Finally, what's a fair price for a set of 2020 Rubicon tires/wheels with sensors?
rubicon wheels will fit your stock Sahara with no problem. I have found that most people around here charge about $1000 for a brand new set of takeoff Rubicon wheels, tires and TPMS sensors

The fit of the spare tire above your bumper will be tighter than the Sahara tire but it will still fit.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you were to put your stock tires back on for whatever reason after you had the Rubicon TPMS paired on your vehicle, would your original TPMS sensors pair back up again, or do you need a pairing tool?
The jeep TPMS sensors are “auto learning“, you will not need a pairing tool, just put them on and drive.

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
The jeep TPMS sensors are “auto learning“, you will not need a pairing tool, just put them on and drive.
That is great news, my last vehicle was a royal pain in the ass with this.

Thanks for the info

Sponsored

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Is there any difference between the sensors coming off a Sahara and the sensors that may come with a set of Rubi tires? I had my tires installed at Mavis and they aren't coming up. I had them put what I believe to be the original Sahara sensors back in - and apparently they put the Rubi sensors on the Sahara tires sitting in my garage. If it sounds confusing, it is... Right now, I've got sensors and Rubi tires - but Tire Pressure System is unavailable. I haven't driven it much, so hoping that may wake it up.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any difference between the sensors coming off a Sahara and the sensors that may come with a set of Rubi tires? I had my tires installed at Mavis and they aren't coming up. I had them put what I believe to be the original Sahara sensors back in - and apparently they put the Rubi sensors on the Sahara tires sitting in my garage. If it sounds confusing, it is... Right now, I've got sensors and Rubi tires - but Tire Pressure System is unavailable. I haven't driven it much, so hoping that may wake it up.
sensors are the same, should auto learn in about 25 miles.

MarkM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Project Manager
That looks good, Joel! I am in the process of doing the same thing. I picked up a 2019 Rubicon suspension and rims for $200. The whole setup has 4k miles and there is a little rash on the rims, which I am working on now.

Next step is to figure out the suspension install!

MarkM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Project Manager
I did the same with my 2018 Sahara, should have been an option from factory. Good luck selling your 18 in. take off tires and rims, I still have mine...
I sold mine in a few days. What were you asking?

MarkM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Project Manager
I did the same with my 2018 Sahara, should have been an option from factory. Good luck selling your 18 in. take off tires and rims, I still have mine...

I sold mine within a week! He put them on his Sport.
Sponsored