Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
And this is actually how they get you on the warranty. When they “order” the flash it flags your vehicle in their system. If you have an issue related to the modification you made they know about it. Better off dealing with the 1mph difference at 60mph IMO.
Or kick in another $50 and get a Tazer mini and then you can change the speedo, turn off the ESS, change gear ratios (if you ever re-gear) and a few other things. Then the dealer has no involvement at all. Plus you just unplug it if you ever take it into the dealer.
BTW... any dealer that starts talking about warranty on any mod... run, run far away. They act like they were doing you a favor "Oh, it's only a small mod you're ok." screw that.
You can put freaking 37s and re-gear to 4.88s and not void your drive train warranty. You axles will most likely not be covered after that but some dealers try to hang everything warranty on a mod.
A friend has 37s and 4.88s and wheels it hard (as in Rubicon Trail) and he had a problem with the clutch. He said something is wrong, it's sticking, it's not performing right. Told the dealer to take it apart and they did because they knew his mods had nothing to do with it.
Turns out the throw out bearing was never properly greased from the factory.
Sponsored

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
I’m doing the Sahara to Rubicon wheel/tire swap this weekend. I had to buy tires separately since I bought wheels only. I’m likely going 295/70/17 which is like a 33.5. Anyone know of that will cause figment or weight issues for the tailgate? I’m thinking no since the difference is likely 1/2 inch and 9 lbs over stock rubicon combos but I don’t have much experience with this yet. Thanks!!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
And this is actually how they get you on the warranty. When they “order” the flash it flags your vehicle in their system. If you have an issue related to the modification you made they know about it. Better off dealing with the 1mph difference at 60mph IMO.
Not to mention the speedometers in commercially available vehicles are NOT certified to be that accurate anyway. Even if your speedometer reads 60 after they adjust it, there's no guarantee you're actually driving 60 anyway. You'll be within 2-3 mph, but the 1 mph difference from the tire is already within that range.
That said, most modern speedometers are pretty accurate, but the point is it's already close enough.

I’m doing the Sahara to Rubicon wheel/tire swap this weekend. I had to buy tires separately since I bought wheels only. I’m likely going 295/70/17 which is like a 33.5. Anyone know of that will cause figment or weight issues for the tailgate? I’m thinking no since the difference is likely 1/2 inch and 9 lbs over stock rubicon combos but I don’t have much experience with this yet. Thanks!!
I don't think you should any issues. I'm running 285/75/17. Using the KM3 as a gauge because it's available in both sizes, the difference is 1/2" larger diameter and 1 pound lighter than the 295/70/17. Obviously weight and dimensions vary by the type of tire and brand, but you should have a similar experience with that size as I've had with mine.
My spare fits fine. It actually rubs the bumper very lightly when I close the tailgate, so it may be getting a little support from the bumper. Space wise though you shouldn't have any problems at all. I'm not sure if I haven't had issues with the weight since I do have that light contact though. I kinda doubt that minor of a weight difference would be an issue though.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to mention the speedometers in commercially available vehicles are NOT certified to be that accurate anyway. Even if your speedometer reads 60 after they adjust it, there's no guarantee you're actually driving 60 anyway. You'll be within 2-3 mph, but the 1 mph difference from the tire is already within that range.
That said, most modern speedometers are pretty accurate, but the point is it's already close enough.

I don't think you should any issues. I'm running 285/75/17. Using the KM3 as a gauge because it's available in both sizes, the difference is 1/2" larger diameter and 1 pound lighter than the 295/70/17. Obviously weight and dimensions vary by the type of tire and brand, but you should have a similar experience with that size as I've had with mine.
My spare fits fine. It actually rubs the bumper very lightly when I close the tailgate, so it may be getting a little support from the bumper. Space wise though you shouldn't have any problems at all. I'm not sure if I haven't had issues with the weight since I do have that light contact though. I kinda doubt that minor of a weight difference would be an issue though.
Yeah, my set up with the tires i chose looks to be about 86 pounds. I'm going Geolander M/T G003's.

THEREED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Just added rubicon rims and tires. Amazing difference, just what I wanted for now as changes look without more significant change such as a lift. One question though, the tires I bought have original TPMS in them but after a mile or two of driving they are still showing my old tire pressure and not the new pressure (higher on BfG). No error or light but doesn’t seem to be updating. Should it update after a few more miles?

B0932042-852C-4765-AD31-88351FC8E75B.jpeg

327D47DB-09EA-4D59-A731-9C3A04CFFEA5.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Just added rubicon rims and tires. Amazing difference, just what I wanted for now as changes look without more significant change such as a lift. One question though, the tires I bought have original TPMS in them but after a mile or two of driving they are still showing my old tire pressure and not the new pressure (higher on BfG). No error or light but doesn’t seem to be updating. Should it update after a few more miles?

B0932042-852C-4765-AD31-88351FC8E75B.jpeg

327D47DB-09EA-4D59-A731-9C3A04CFFEA5.jpeg
Hmmm... not sure how that works. I don't recall doing anything special when we got ours but I don't recall if they put our sensors into the new rims or not. I think they might have. If that's the case then you will need to go to the dealer I think and have them recognized by the computer. Hopefully someone will have a definitive answer.
BTW... it's only just begun. Just wait... you'll soon be broke, especially if you really start wheeling it :)

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
No need to go to the dealer, or to do anything special. They will self recognize after a short distance. I don't remember what they say is normal, but mine have always picked up within a matter of minutes.
Give it some time they'll pick up.
It's possible you've actually got the same amount of pressure in them. If the Sahara rims/tires are removed and the Jeep isn't reading the new set it won't display the previous pressure. Instead it would read 0 or an error because there's no pressure for it to read.

THEREED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
No need to go to the dealer, or to do anything special. They will self recognize after a short distance. I don't remember what they say is normal, but mine have always picked up within a matter of minutes.
Give it some time they'll pick up.
It's possible you've actually got the same amount of pressure in them. If the Sahara rims/tires are removed and the Jeep isn't reading the new set it won't display the previous pressure. Instead it would read 0 or an error because there's no pressure for it to read.
Thanks. Just drove about 10 miles to work and the old pressures finally changed and then error came up saying there was an error and no pressure showing. I see what happens with a few more miles but I did read disconnecting negative battery terminal for a few mins could trigger a “relearn”. Does anyone know if that works?

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2 door
I did the switch today. Rubi wheels/tires replaced sport wheels/tires. Very happy with look and ride.

7B1BD518-96E7-4B7B-B00A-0635E8F57BDE.jpeg

387CAAA1-34E8-47C9-B9BF-AB5EE1CF3566.jpeg

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I did it too, like the rest of you all. Looks great I think. Funny thing is when I got it home, my 5 1/2 y/o told me they weren’t big enough. She wanted to see something closer to (what she raised her hand up to be) around 37’s, LoL!

These are 295/70/17 so roughly 33.6’s.

CE6B49F5-9621-48A6-9D65-14075CDA93FE.jpeg

View attachment 254230

F95EFD94-5224-4E1A-B4F9-EE735A401ACC.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

bull1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Well, I did it too, like the rest of you all. Looks great I think. Funny thing is when I got it home, my 5 1/2 y/o told me they weren’t big enough. She wanted to see something closer to (what she raised her hand up to be) around 37’s, LoL!

These are 295/70/17 so roughly 33.6’s.

CE6B49F5-9621-48A6-9D65-14075CDA93FE.jpeg

View attachment 254230

F95EFD94-5224-4E1A-B4F9-EE735A401ACC.jpeg
Any lift?

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I’ll jump in on this! Added Moab rims with Rubi KO2’s, pics are before (plastidipped Sahara wheels and tires) and after. Also you can fit all 5 rims and tires with the rear seats folded!

1DB4C9BF-6EEF-49E0-A6E2-61088C5777F6.jpeg

3FA16994-7E35-43FC-B35B-0242153276B5.jpeg

501B2042-BD8C-42CD-B401-0BB8E04845ED.jpeg
Those are at offset 12mm... are you at stock height? Any rubbing issues?

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Those are at offset 12mm... are you at stock height? Any rubbing issues?
I was originally but have since added Rubi suspension as well. Never had any issues in either case.

KananagaS

First Name
Sho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I was originally but have since added Rubi suspension as well. Never had any issues in either case.
Sounds good. Thanks for sharing. Is Rubi suspension taller? I heard it is actually softer.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Sounds good. Thanks for sharing. Is Rubi suspension taller? I heard it is actually softer.
i got between 1-1.5” of lift on all four wheels and feel like it’s stiffer. Really like it.
Sponsored