2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
Ya I would get it again. It's like a very tight woven solar screen or those shades they put up over the playgrounds around here. So it does an excellent job of keeping the sun off you. I burn very easy so this thing was a must for me.
Thanks again. This one will go on my list.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Hi. What top is this, and what's the install process like? Wife and I were talking about putting something over the removed freedom panels the other day when the sun was beating down on us on an otherwise nice-weather drive.
Yep, Alien shade. Have two sets, one red full set and one army green full set! Love both, and would purchase another set for my Ordered Willys coming in soon, but they are no longer in business

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I had heard they were out of business too. But I still ordered and later got new bungees from somebody handling warranty issues... so I'm not sure what exactly that means. They are still offered on Amazon.

Sponsored

mniedbalski

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Late reply I know, but the Recon wheels are so damn awesome, I don't know why anybody would replace them unless the tire size absolutely required different wheels. :) I hope you stuck with these wheels!! I'm considering 35s (315 wide) with these wheels as a future modification.
Had to replace the wheels on mine when I lifted it and installed 35s. However, there are narrower 35s out there, just have less options.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Last edited:

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, Alien shade. Have two sets, one red full set and one army green full set! Love both, and would purchase another set for my Ordered Willys coming in soon, but they are no longer in business
I had heard they were out of business too. But I still ordered and later got new bungees from somebody handling warranty issues... so I'm not sure what exactly that means. They are still offered on Amazon.
Thanks again guys. Yeah, they're still offered on Amazon, and they have an Instagram account, though not sure when the last post was as I don't have Instagram or Facebook and it forced me to have to sign in to view their latest post.

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had to replace the wheels on mine when I lifted it and installed 35s. However, there are narrower 35s out there, just have less options.
I recall a post by somebody somewhere on this forum, where they pointed out a 35" x 315-wide tire that was rated to fit a 7.5"-wide wheel. It was rare/new, as I believe most 315 tires are not rated to fit on a 7.5"-wide wheel.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like an Alien Shade. Folks have had mixed success with that brand, we have one, had a couple of the bungees break, they sent a replacement set. It's not too bad putting it in, the last few bungees you put in are extremely snug.

Amazon.com: Alien Sunshade Jeep Wrangler Sunshade JLU (2018 - Current) - Front & Rear Jeep JL Sunshade - Jeep Bikini Top for Sport, Sport S, Sahara, Rubicon (Black) - Alien Jeep Wrangler Accessories : Automotive
How did you get replacements? My front 4 windshield clips have bent and am needing a new set…..

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
How did you get replacements? My front 4 windshield clips have bent and am needing a new set…..
I just emailed the seller via amazon.

mniedbalski

First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
I recall a post by somebody somewhere on this forum, where they pointed out a 35" x 315-wide tire that was rated to fit a 7.5"-wide wheel. It was rare/new, as I believe most 315 tires are not rated to fit on a 7.5"-wide wheel.
That's right. I put Mickey Thompson's on mine, which called for at least 8.5" wide rims. Got $1,500 for my stock rims and tires though, so it basically paid for the lift.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Discount/Americas Tire lists the 315/70-17 as mountable on 7.5-11.0 inch wheels.
My local Discount Tire said they would mount a 12.5/35-17 on my 7.5”w wheels.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I emailed them when I had a ball from the bungee fail. They just moved all their business to Amazon. They’re still around and plan to be for a while. At least that’s what I was told.
Sponsored