2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Mine was a February build and it too came with black only decals. I like the black hood decal though would have preferred the flag fender decals I've seen on other Recons.
Mine was built on February 23 and in JB status on March 3 (plant was shut down for a week) and it has the flag/equipment/red stripe stickers.
Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Some more Recon goodness...

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread IMG_9783

Moab

-Steven

Last edited:

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
I’ve been noticing a few black oil/grease droplets on my garage since I brought the Jeep home. Crawled under yesterday (450 miles on the Jeep) and see it all wet here. seems more like grease than differential oil, but looks like she’ll be going in to the dealer to get looked at. (Bad axle seal from factory perhaps)

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread 788AFA9B-8D73-4ACC-8576-B5AB156562AA

Sponsored

QC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURR
Nice, congrats!

-Steven
Thanks. We have a place at Lake Havasu and we use it to launch the boat and as our desert vehicle. We left the JK 100% stock. I aired down for the desert and it blew me away with all it could do. Considering some higher speed, desert mods for this one. Any suggestion are welcome. I am amazed at how much more refined this truck is than the JK. We'll see if it does as well off road.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thanks. We have a place at Lake Havasu and we use it to launch the boat and as our desert vehicle. We left the JK 100% stock. I aired down for the desert and it blew me away with all it could do. Considering some higher speed, desert mods for this one. Any suggestion are welcome. I am amazed at how much more refined this truck is than the JK. We'll see if it does as well off road.
You're right about the level of refinement we see on the JL compared to the JK.

We picked our Recon up in Seattle and spent a week making our way back to the Midwest. The 2.0L makes an exceptional interstate cruiser as well as climbing effortlessly up and through the Rockies and Eisenhower Tunnel. We also spent two days in Moab, wheeling her stock. I'm going to be posting a video on first impressions of that trip on my YouTube channel soon.

It sounds like for your use, take a look at something like TeraFlex's ST3 lift. I know they designed that with more of a 'Prerunner' design, bump stops will be necessary for high speed work, maybe add SpeedBumps.

I think you'll love the Recon off road just as much as you do on road. The eTorque systems crals very well, you get a lot more fan noise.

-Steven

Last edited:

Sponsored

SeanR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Greetings - my first post in this forum. Here's my Recon. Built in May, bought off the dealer lot in July. So far, I've only added mud. For those of you in NC, the pic with the clouds in the background was taken on Old NC 105 this weekend. The muddy one was in Wilson Creek.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread Snapseed 2
Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread Snapseed

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Greetings - my first post in this forum. Here's my Recon. Built in May, bought off the dealer lot in July. So far, I've only added mud. For those of you in NC, the pic with the clouds in the background was taken on Old NC 105 this weekend. The muddy one was in Wilson Creek.
Welcome and congratulations on your gorgeous Recon (goes without saying)!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been noticing a few black oil/grease droplets on my garage since I brought the Jeep home. Crawled under yesterday (450 miles on the Jeep) and see it all wet here. seems more like grease than differential oil, but looks like she’ll be going in to the dealer to get looked at. (Bad axle seal from factory perhaps)

That will likely be an axle seal leak. I had that with my YJ a couple of times. It looked like grease, too, but turned out to be gear lube. Easy fix for the dealership. They have probably done many of them over the years.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Running Spring Canyon Bottom, down by the Green River. Nice easy first trail in the stock Recon...

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread IMG_9753

-Steven

SeanR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Running Spring Canyon Bottom, down by the Green River. Nice easy first trail in the stock Recon...

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 RUBICON RECON Edition JL Club Thread IMG_9753

-Steven
Looks like a great place a first run!
Sponsored