Sponsored

Rubicon rear steel bumper on Sahara

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
Hi going to swap plastic rear for steel. Any different hardware needed? Any different brackets, etc? I’ve done the front already no problems other than the close out panels were different.
Sponsored

Waxaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 Sahara, 2004 Sahara, 2018 JLU Punkin' Sahara
Can anyone share the Mopar part number for the Rear Steel bumper with sensor holes. I ordered a steel bumper from local dealer and it arrived without the sensor holes. They told us there was no such part so we ended up letting them keep it. Now back at square one wanting to finish off the Sahara with all steel bumpers. Thanks.

DrDoom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
Can anyone share the Mopar part number for the Rear Steel bumper with sensor holes. I ordered a steel bumper from local dealer and it arrived without the sensor holes. They told us there was no such part so we ended up letting them keep it. Now back at square one wanting to finish off the Sahara with all steel bumpers. Thanks.
It seems that the part number is (based on ref pic from mopar ):
68295568AC

29F29FA7-D9A5-494F-A745-F257355CC367.jpeg

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
It drove me crazy too. If you want more detailed explanation pm me. My boyfriend is the handy one and did it for me. I can have him give you more details.
Could you pm me or post how you did this? I'm having the same issue on a 18 Rubicon. Pic attached. Also, I had to rewire the license plate light because the plastic bumper I removed had a female electrical connector while the steel one I installed had a male, meaning with the steel bumper I had two male connectors.

Steel Bumper.JPG

Sponsored

DrDoom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
Could you pm me or post how you did this? I'm having the same issue on a 18 Rubicon. Pic attached. Also, I had to rewire the license plate light because the plastic bumper I removed had a female electrical connector while the steel one I installed had a male, meaning with the steel bumper I had two male connectors.

Steel Bumper.JPG
Check out thread #22 this is what I did and it worked out very well. As for the connectors I can’t help, mine was a direct plug-in.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Check out thread #22 this is what I did and it worked out very well. As for the connectors I can’t help, mine was a direct plug-in.
I saw yours, but look how much longer your end cap is than mine. Maybe if I got some Sahara end caps it would line up?

As for the connectors, I just cut both connectors off the bumpers and spliced the female end back into the bumper wiring.

DrDoom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
I saw yours, but look how much longer your end cap is than mine. Maybe if I got some Sahara end caps it would line up?

As for the connectors, I just cut both connectors off the bumpers and spliced the female end back into the bumper wiring.
Sorry, missed the Rubicon part. I believed the steel bumper was a direct fit with the Rubicon and this whole « it’s not fitting thing » was for the Sport & Sahara.

Are those end caps where provided with the steel bumper?

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Sorry, missed the Rubicon part. I believed the steel bumper was a direct fit with the Rubicon and this whole « it’s not fitting thing » was for the Sport & Sahara.

Are those end caps where provided with the steel bumper?
Those aren't the ones from my plastic bumper, but both of mine (steel and plastic bumper end caps) are identical. I also now have a bigger gap between the body and the bumper than I did with the plastic one. Not bad, but noticeably bigger. Same for you?

DrDoom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018

Sorry, missed the Rubicon part.
Those aren't the ones from my plastic bumper, but both of mine (steel and plastic bumper end caps) are identical. I also now have a bigger gap between the body and the bumper than I did with the plastic one. Not bad, but noticeably bigger. Same for you?
Yes there is definitely a bigger gap... got use to it. Good luck for finding a solution for your end bumper problem.

Sponsored

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURXR Tuscadero, 2023 JLURXR Reign
It seems that the part number is (based on ref pic from mopar ):
68295568AC

29F29FA7-D9A5-494F-A745-F257355CC367.jpeg
Is there a diagram showing the complete front bumper?

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm gonna be installing the steel bumper on my MOAB today, we will see how it goes, I'll try to post some details later.

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
I'm gonna be installing the steel bumper on my MOAB today, we will see how it goes, I'll try to post some details later.
I’m excited to see your feedback/details! I’m debating on trying this on my Moab as well.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
So the install was fairly simple. For the end-caps I ended up cutting off the rubicon ones and bolting them on to the Sahara ones. The alignment is not 100% but pretty good. I’m sure if someone made a braket to bolt up to the outside of the end-caps it would make the fit little more aligned.

B76A78CA-0475-40CF-A86F-E9E9A78F82B1.jpeg

071D68C6-3ADA-40E8-8498-B152D0CA311C.jpeg

1DB3AFAB-8FFA-4E2A-A301-B3D7B6D3E2E1.jpeg

EFFDD0E4-E1B6-4FA4-AC48-EE641E37A509.jpeg

55E0C02C-2A7B-440B-BF26-7D1259CB5F99.jpeg
Sponsored